onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Keep Brown In

Class personified

Advert

Let's be honest smurthwaite won't sack him because it will cost money to get rid of him Morgan and Kelly

The thing that worries me is the back line Kay looks a poor player totally out of position a number of times yesterday and smith looks out of sorts

If we can sign anyone before Thursday it has to be a tall commanding centre half who can organise and defend balls in the box

The whole team needs time to gel but after yesterday's second half I can see some hope

After getting relegated brown needed a good start with Notts county , coventry and Luton up next it's not going to get any easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's be honest smurthwaite won't sack him because it will cost money to get rid of him Morgan and Kelly

The thing that worries me is the back line Kay looks a poor player totally out of position a number of times yesterday and smith looks out of sorts

If we can sign anyone before Thursday it has to be a tall commanding centre half who can organise and defend balls in the box

The whole team needs time to gel but after yesterday's second half I can see some hope

After getting relegated brown needed a good start with Notts county , coventry and Luton up next it's not going to get any easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The time for a team to bond is in adversity, the ball could have dropped differently yesterday and things would not have been so gloomy, but by after Luton there should be improvement and games there for the taking. Fingers crossed the sun is shining at present.

Brown is a young manager who is learning his craft slowly but surely. The squad is a decent one but as they say 'Rome wasn't built in a day'. It will take time to gell. Brown needs to play the players in their correct positions and two upfront.

I too don't like changing managers every few months and I believe in giving people time to become effective in their jobs, I also agree with the points you make above, however, after 8 months in charge and having recruited virtually a whole new team Brown's learning period needs to bear some fruit and quickly. Losing becomes ingrained in the mentality and if we get cut adrift in the bottom group it will be very hard to turn things around, yesterday's second half was a demonstration that we have the ingredients for a decent side but the first half showed Chef Brown's recipe was awful. As you say, he has to start with players in their correct positions wherever possible and go with two up front, it's not rocket science and if Brownie doesn't learn from yesterday's game he never will. Pope must have won 90%+ of his contests across the game but only 45 minutes worth were of any use because the first half was wasted with him being isolated - again. This league is markedly poorer than L1 and will be won by the side who (obviously) have the generally better players but mainly because they are strong, consistent and give the opposition problems by being an effective attacking force. When we attacked Crewe in the second half they struggled to cope and were therefore far less of a threat to us than in the first half, unfortunately by then we'd given them a lead to defend and were down to 10 men. Brown needs to learn - and put into practice - that the best form of defence is attack, not reckless attack but an approach that gives the opposition problems so they can't have a free run to constantly come at us.

We'll see what happens over the next few games but unless something changes for the better quickly Brownie might be looking up the address of the dole office.

No matter what forum members write, nothing will be done .....yet.

Smurf doesen't care he is numb and only cares about money. Garlic will do the sensible thing and wait until after a few more games before considering any changes to the management.

How many cliches do you want to fit into a paragraph?

"Young manager learning his craft, Rome wasn't built in a day, seismic upheaval, time to gel, lack of legs, turmoil over the past few years".

Whilst you continue to defend a man who has us in 21st in League 2 using cliches and pure ruddy gut instinct, I'll go with the "6 wins, 7 draws, 16 losses, 30 players signed, 20% win ratio, lost to Crewe, 4 consecutive defeats, wingers in central midfield, relegated" argument.

More statistics than cliches, but hey, its all the same.

It may be too early to sack him but I don't see him turning it around either. I think the club will tread water at best (and get dragged into a fight for Football League survival at worst) until someone decides that it finally is the right time.

This is clearly not the time to change the manager. We have had some seismic upheaval over the past few years. The squad has had to be overhauled once again over the summer. Brown is a young manager who is learning his craft slowly but surely. The squad is a decent one but as they say 'Rome wasn't built in a day'. It will take time to gell. Brown needs to play the players in their correct positions and two upfront. After yesterday with Worrall and Whitfield running the show in midfield that lack of legs in that area has been resolved. Brown is starting to sort it out. I think we will make the playoffs with this squad which bearing in mind the turmoil of the past couple of years will be a major step forward. I say let's get behind Brown. He is the man for the job. Long live Michael Brown.

What an absolute wand. Are you really that desperate for attention?

The problem we have is that he should have been sacked after the Fleetwood game, there is no way we are going to be sacking him now even though he is showing no signs of learning the lessons from last season.

One up front at home against poor opposition is just not the way forward but we continue to play this way.

Since Brown was appointed, he has won 6 games, they were against Chesterfield and Swindon, both relegated, Shrewsbury who were in the bottom 4 when we played them, Wimbledon who were on a poor run, a Walsall team who made a number of changes just before the end of the season and a Crawley team who lost their first 4 games of the season. On this basis, I can see us being bottom and left behind after the next 3 games we play.

I support Brown. He failed to keep Vale up last season because the best players were sold, the replacements and other players got injured and the squad had a large number of players not good enough signed before he took over.

He has made a good fist of signings this transfer window. Clearly we have some really good players and young players coming through. We certainly have better players than Crewe whose performance yesterday reflected the maturity of a stable team.

Yesterday and at Chesterfield he picked the team I would possibly have picked. The team started nervously. The player I would have brought in gave the ball away and left Kay in no mans land, Smith marking tightly, the other full back not round leaving goal scorer unmarked.

After that we started to look better until the sending off. Watched this on telly closely, he made a two footed leap and connected with Cooper's shin. Ref made the correct decision unfortunately, and only the shin pads prevented Cooper from having a large scar on his leg like I have from a tackle 40 years ago when I wasn't wearing pads.

The 10 men then did really well and were unlucky again with Brown making the right sub at half time. Need to get behind Brown and the team for the next game. I accept in sport that if you keep losing change has to happen, but that is probably a bigger risk in this moment. I cannot see what Brown did wrong yesterday, he is building team from scratch and needs to keep going at that task

Archived