onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Peterborough Utd

Fosse69

Advert

Be plenty of goals in this game i reckon. Be nice get a decent ref for once aswell. Think we will win just about 3 2 with walker forrester and guy scoring.

Know that's silly the referees panel need to call refs in to look at there mistakes and give them extra training and an eye test also fitness test as some can not keep up with play .

These have been battered recently by Oldham and mk dons I think. Attack them from the off get an early goal and we will be comfortable here. 3-1 vale and am looking forward to the match for once.

Over the last 6 games, they are below us in the league (fourth from bottom), so their confidence should be low. Time to get out the battering ram.

Refereeing needs to be changed. In a sport where there is now so much betting on pretty much everything that happens in games, there has to be video used and an additional official to overrule the ref and bring play back if needed. Otherwise corruption could ruin the game.

Decisions like the penalty yesterday make me think like this.

Refereeing needs to be changed. In a sport where there is now so much betting on pretty much everything that happens in games, there has to be video used and an additional official to overrule the ref and bring play back if needed. Otherwise corruption could ruin the game.

Decisions like the penalty yesterday make me think like this.

Yes it was a shocking decision to award a penalty and my opinion is that the ref had a shocker of a game but refs are not helped by so many cheating players in the modern game, look at Davies' antics and all the shirt pulling that goes on.

Referees maybe be poor but there is no way they are corrupt and cheats and just wish players would help them out more.

I think the thing that infuriates me about Saturday is that arguably that was probably the best team we are likely to put out for the rest of the season. A win or even a point would have been a huge boost and whilst I appreciate those that went will have seen chinks of light, for me it's just a sense of deja vu. Lack of concentration, inability to do the right thing, lack of professionalism call it what you will.

Yes, we lost to top of the league blah blah blah, but this is Scunthorpe, a team on similar level to us, so felt significantly less palatable than it happening against a Sheff Utd, Bradford, Bolton etc.

I reckon we've seen the last of Alnwick and Grant and quite possibly Streete. Maybe we'll replace them, maybe not. So on Saturday I expect us to concede - my guess would be at least two. I already thought we had a certain flakiness about us - as I predicted last week at HT vs Bury - but the thought of having Boot in goal plus Knopps and Purkiss in two of the four defensive positions AND no Grant shielding is frankly the stuff of nightmares for me.

Hope I'm wrong, but I predict 1-3.

I think the thing that infuriates me about Saturday is that arguably that was probably the best team we are likely to put out for the rest of the season. A win or even a point would have been a huge boost and whilst I appreciate those that went will have seen chinks of light, for me it's just a sense of deja vu. Lack of concentration, inability to do the right thing, lack of professionalism call it what you will.

Yes, we lost to top of the league blah blah blah, but this is Scunthorpe, a team on similar level to us, so felt significantly less palatable than it happening against a Sheff Utd, Bradford, Bolton etc.

I reckon we've seen the last of Alnwick and Grant and quite possibly Streete. Maybe we'll replace them, maybe not. So on Saturday I expect us to concede - my guess would be at least two. I already thought we had a certain flakiness about us - as I predicted last week at HT vs Bury - but the thought of having Boot in goal plus Knopps and Purkiss in two of the four defensive positions AND no Grant shielding is frankly the stuff of nightmares for me.

I like to see the positivity!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I can understand your apprehension but I see nothing but an all guns blazing home win to facilitate our rise to safety.

I agree 100%, but your not aloud to have a different opinion on here to everyone else or you get called a wum or Stoke fan etc. Theirs even posters on here who said Brunos side was the best we've had in 10 years or so, and some even thought we were going win the league. lol. This is what were up against on here. :laugh:

Be patient. Brown or any new manager needs to make transitions and up to now the signs look better imo. Should be an interesting and busy few days leading up to Saturday. It is a must win game though for me with two difficult away games to follow.

Archived