onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Peterborough Utd

Fosse69

Finish the game we did v Bury there will be only one winner .

The Vale .

I believe having energy throughout ya team with steady eddie like Pugh well look at Huddersfield they ran Brighton out of town ,terrific .

I like the look of our team i think they can go the rest of the season unbeaten but do they ��

Utv

The counter attack for their second goal could have been stopped by Grant not diving in to tackle and Alnwick being in goal who was excellent at one on ones. I feel for Boot because he looks like he can make it as a keeper at Vale level, but we were lucky not to concede goals in the first half when he was faced with coming out and he also didn't stop the second goal. So for me Fasan has to be given a chance. He will have played with some reasonably high level players in the Celtic team who have on occasions acquitted themselves well in Europe and the two keepers ahead of him are much more experienced and played at international level. So give him a go.

Advert

I wish I felt as confident as you. What team will we put out- and how will they gel ?

It's never good playing a team that have just been battered a couple of times, as they tighten up and it is harder to score. The goalkeeping situation is a risk for Vale, much as I wish the three young lads well, I cannot see a clean sheet.

So a low-scoring game with no clean sheet - a bit like when Coventry came on the back of a bad run. Sadly I feel we are in danger of losing 0-1, which might become 0-2 or worse if we panic when we go behind.

Hope I am wrong, I will be pleased to admit it.

My main concern is that taking players on loan means they have to be played. This season to date we have had some good loan players, but the issue is they get squeezed in to the team in the wrong positions etc. Hart was a prime example of that.

My main concern is that taking players on loan means they have to be played. This season to date we have had some good loan players, but the issue is they get squeezed in to the team in the wrong positions etc. Hart was a prime example of that.

That was when that buffoon Bruno was in charge though.

One of the first things that Brown did was to sign a left back in Tanser, someone who is a full back by trade and not a centre half like Knops.

I take the point about loan players though. I imagine the winger from QPR will start but that the other lad will be on the bench.

But for once, we seem to have decent midfield and attacking options on the bench, and it wouldn't worry me if 2-3 of those lads came on in the second half as I think the likes of Cecilia and Forrester would do fine.

I fancy us tomorrow for some reason. We'll probably need to score two or even three to win the game but we certainly have enough going forward to trouble them just so long as Brown is brave in his selection and plays to our strengths, which as it stands is going forward. I'm not sure what 11 I'd go with tomorrow or how I'd play it, thank God I'm not a manager. But we should get at them from the off I feel, and select a line up to do this.

Fasan

Purkiss

Streete

Smith (Please be available!)

Tanser

Thomas

Guy

De Freitas

Shodipo

Walker

Forrester/Hooper

Subs:

Boot

Knops

Pugh

Foley

Prohouly

Eagles

Hooper/Forrester

If Shodipo has the same sort of impact as Guy then we'll have a very decent side!

I agree with you Beechy that if we can get that array of attacking talent to fire then it should be worth watching. A much more exciting team than we've seen to date this year, and as I say there are another 3-4 good players on the bench too.

I don't want to get too upbeat because past experience tells me that pride comes before a fall and just when we expect the Vale to turn up they tend to do the opposite but we do have a number of exciting attacking players in that squad, not least the old fella Thomas who can still put in a shift.

Don't really envy Brown picking an XI from that lot. And we haven't been able to say that too often.

I fancy us tomorrow for some reason. We'll probably need to score two or even three to win the game but we certainly have enough going forward to trouble them just so long as Brown is brave in his selection and plays to our strengths, which as it stands is going forward. I'm not sure what 11 I'd go with tomorrow or how I'd play it, thank God I'm not a manager. But we should get at them from the off I feel, and select a line up to do this.

Fasan

Purkiss

Streete

Tanser

Thomas

Guy

De Freitas

Shodipo

Walker

Forrester/Hooper

Subs:

Boot

Knops

Pugh

Foley

Prohouly

Eagles

Hooper/Forrester

If Shodipo has the same sort of impact as Guy then we'll have a very decent side!

OFF! Waterlogged pitch.

I agree with you Beechy that if we can get that array of attacking talent to fire then it should be worth watching. A much more exciting team than we've seen to date this year, and as I say there are another 3-4 good players on the bench too.

I don't want to get too upbeat because past experience tells me that pride comes before a fall and just when we expect the Vale to turn up they tend to do the opposite but we do have a number of exciting attacking players in that squad, not least the old fella Thomas who can still put in a shift.

Don't really envy Brown picking an XI from that lot. And we haven't been able to say that too often.

At least there looks to be a better attacking choice than last year, not so strong in defence on paper, but having to attack could bring a few fans back game by game.

Fasan

Purkiss

Streete

Tanser

Thomas

Guy

De Freitas

Shodipo

Walker

Forrester/Hooper

Subs:

Boot

Knops

Pugh

Foley

Prohouly

Eagles

Hooper/Forrester

If Shodipo has the same sort of impact as Guy then we'll have a very decent side![/quote

Can't believe you havnt put Kiko and Amoros on the bench.

Really looking forward to today's game and what selections are made and how the new lads fit in, will the unknown Fasan play instead of Boot? Will Smith be fit? Good choices in midfield now and who will play up front? Either way I feel it's a must win game with two long and difficult away games to come, feeling excited and apprehensive but more importantly I want to buy a ticket now instead of turning up through blind loyalty. Don't care how we get it though but we just need the win today :upthevale:

Fasan

Purkiss

Streete

Tanser

Thomas

Guy

De Freitas

Shodipo

Walker

Forrester/Hooper

Subs:

Boot

Knops

Pugh

Foley

Prohouly

Eagles

Hooper/Forrester

If Shodipo has the same sort of impact as Guy then we'll have a very decent side![/quote

Can't believe you havnt put Kiko and Amoros on the bench.

Why?

I like Amoros but there would be not point in bringing in either Eagles or Prohouly if neither can make the bench, and I'm guessing Foley would be fine for 15 minutes if needed. Kiko is an absolutely awful defender and I think his days at the club are numbered.

Archived