onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Peterborough Utd

Fosse69

Advert

Let's see how many Vale fans who've stayed away turn up on Saturday.

There's a new manager in all bar name, we're building a new squad, and we've put on some improved performances recently.

I'm going for "lack of ambition by selling Alnwick and Grant" as the new excuse.

There's a new manager in all bar name, we're building a new squad, and we've put on some improved performances recently.

I'm going for "lack of ambition by selling Alnwick and Grant" as the new excuse.

Ill be there as I was impressed with the performance Overall at scummy. However I'm very disappointed with yesterday and our replacements for two of our best players are a bit of a joke.

I also don't think we're building a new squad the signings seem to be a short term fix. Loads of loan who will leave at the end of the year and two older players only on contract till the end of the year. Not squad building that.

There should be a good gate on Saturday to see how the new players perform.

Boro's defence is U.S. and the Vales speedy young players will score a few goals.

Ill be there as I was impressed with the performance Overall at scummy. However I'm very disappointed with yesterday and our replacements for two of our best players are a bit of a joke.

I also don't think we're building a new squad the signings seem to be a short term fix. Loads of loan who will leave at the end of the year and two older players only on contract till the end of the year. Not squad building that.

Well we're building a new squad in the sense that we've got rid of some of the rubbish, we will do so again as soon as we can, and we've added players to the squad until the end of the season at least.

Ig go with this side .

New goalie

Purkiss Streete Smith Pugh

defreitas Guy Foley Thomas

Walker Hooper

Subs

Baba

Boot

Kiko

Cecelia

Forrester

Gibbons

Other new lad .

Pughs a good player ive being told by my stoke loving mates so hope thats the case .

If i remember he is left footed isnt he .

I like forrester so after 65 mins id bring him on no matter how the game is going also Reggie id play him aswell .

Theres pace and intensity in our side and the wingers will hopefully light up the park like the old days of guppy Mccarthy ,Ainsworth ,Jeffers even Alex Smith was decent .

Utv

Grant welcome back .

Be interesting c what reception he gets .

Hate ya job do u lad ,fancy saying that to young players who thought u were brilliant and looked up to u so i hear .

UTV

Ig go with this side .

New goalie

Purkiss Streete Smith Pugh

defreitas Guy Foley Thomas

Walker Hooper

Subs

Baba

Boot

Kiko

Cecelia

Forrester

Gibbons

Other new lad .

Pughs a good player ive being told by my stoke loving mates so hope thats the case .

If i remember he is left footed isnt he .

I like forrester so after 65 mins id bring him on no matter how the game is going also Reggie id play him aswell .

Theres pace and intensity in our side and the wingers will hopefully light up the park like the old days of guppy Mccarthy ,Ainsworth ,Jeffers even Alex Smith was decent .

Utv

Grant welcome back .

Be interesting c what reception he gets .

Hate ya job do u lad ,fancy saying that to young players who thought u were brilliant and looked up to u so i hear .

UTV

Pugh has been a decent player in years gone by but he was at Blackpool for a reason. He smacks as being bought in desperately after all other possibilities got away from one reason or another. I don't have a problem with the other signings as they all seem to be highly rated at their clubs, and at the end of the day experience isn't everything. It's important to have the right balance when possible, but when it's not I'd rather have a hungry young player with potential than an old has been who's legs have gone.

My team for Saturday -

Fasan

Purkiss

Streete

Smith (Fingers crossed)

Tanser

Thomas

Guy

Foley (if he's match fit?)

De Freitas

Walker

Hooper

Subs -

Boot

Knops

Pugh

Prohouly

Eagles

Shodipo

Forrester

Personally, that doesn't look anything like a relegation bound side to me!

I would start with Michael Brown on Saturday, get him on a big 50%-50% with Billy Big Up Granty. Hit him hard, worth a booking early doors, then sub himself off at half time.

Also Kirkland in goal (if he is registered which I don't think he is though!)

I'd rather have our manager on the bench myself.

Archived