onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Miguel Santos

Walka003

Alnwick is the weak link in the defence, a very good shot stopper maybe,however his organisation is poor,fails to deal with crosses and does not instill confidence in those in front of him.

Sorry mario i have to disagree, the weak link in the defence last season was some of the defenders we had playing, and alnwick kept us in a lot of games (and imo people forget this)

Advert

he's not correct, it's his opinion on alnwick, doesnt mean he's correct, it's just people's opinions on the GK situation......

It's generally said and accepted that Alnwick does fail to deal with crosses which is an observation irrespective of opinion, he also says Alnwick is an excellent shot stopper which he is generally accepted to be which again is an observation. Alnwick is young for a 'keeper and has time to improve his game.

It's generally said and accepted that Alnwick does fail to deal with crosses which is an observation irrespective of opinion, he also says Alnwick is an excellent shot stopper which he is generally accepted to be which again is an observation. Alnwick is young for a 'keeper and has time to improve his game.

I can see your point yes he has time to improve but if we want to do anything this season we really need a better keeper God knows if this Santos is that keeper but we have 5 to choose from

Bruno on radio biased after man u game said theyre wanting to bring a GK in to put some pressure on alnwick as he hasn't got any at the moment in that position. its not to replace.

This could be a good thing as i think Alnwick is a very good keeper but he has looked shaky,plus it would good for Boot to go to maybe a conference team now like Johnson and Pickering to a local non league team.

If it is the Benfica B keeper then i would think he would have to have something about him

This could be a good thing as i think Alnwick is a very good keeper but he has looked shaky,plus it would good for Boot to go to maybe a conference team now like Johnson and Pickering to a local non league team.

If it is the Benfica B keeper then i would think he would have to have something about him

From what I've seen of Boot I would have no worries, if Alnwick was injured playing Boot. Obviously, if money was no object, it would be nice to have top quality cover in all positions, but at this moment in time I think we have other, more urgent priorities than another goalkeeper.

It's another impossible dream of vale fans that we sign a keeper who is great in the air.

Very few keepers are nowadays, some of the top keepers don't come for crosses all the time.

I have no idea how good that United keeper was yesterday, but we scored twice when he came out for a cross and missed the ball, and there was at least another twice in the first half where he came for a corner and missed it, and we had one blocked on the line and the other I think Smith couldn't quite get on target. That's the alternative if your keeper isn't great in the air.

I'd say the big lack of competition is in the forward line, not not in goal. At the end of the day, any new player is going to cost money and paying numerous duff goalkeepers a wage to challenge Alwick only stops us from putting that little bit extra towards say Pope returning....

This lad will be on loan so probably won't cost much at all. Benfica will pay nearly all his wages because it's peanuts to them and they want the lad to get experience.

I very much doubt he'll cost much.

I also wonder if Bruno has in the back of mind the possibility of making this lad his number one. I'm not sure he'd want to come to Burslem for 12 months just to sit on the bench but that's another discussion.

I'd say the big lack of competition is in the forward line, not not in goal. At the end of the day, any new player is going to cost money and paying numerous duff goalkeepers a wage to challenge Alwick only stops us from putting that little bit extra towards say Pope returning....

If were playing 4 3 3 we only have room for one striker on the pitch. We have 4/5 so we there's a lot of competition. If they're not good enough then they just go out on loan or be sold before we can bring one in.

If it means boot can go on loan I think it's good, more experience the merrier

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

It's another impossible dream of vale fans that we sign a keeper who is great in the air.

Very few keepers are nowadays, some of the top keepers don't come for crosses all the time.

I have no idea how good that United keeper was yesterday, but we scored twice when he came out for a cross and missed the ball, and there was at least another twice in the first half where he came for a corner and missed it, and we had one blocked on the line and the other I think Smith couldn't quite get on target. That's the alternative if your keeper isn't great in the air.

Agree mate. If as you say most goalies, Jack included, are not brilliant at coming out for crosses, corners etc then you need your defenders to do their business. Last season we had 2 or 3 very poor defenders who couldn't deal with crosses either and were not trained to assist the gaolie if he was in trouble. Time will tell if the current lot are more capable but in Division 1 you'll find MOST teams suffer from exactly what we all realise at Vale.

Duff goalkeepers? Have you seen him play?

Pope is abundantly clearly on the decline, time to move on and look at other options.

I can't understand the logic of this to be honest. Santos is a 21 year old keeper with Reserve team experience and we seem to be bringing him in to act as understudy instead of Boot, a 21 year old keeper with Reserve team experience? What message is this sending to our own young players? Seems a bit daft to me.

Archived