onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hillsborough.

melv

I was at Hillsborough in 1990 when Vale drew 1-1, we sat in the seats because the standing area still had barrier tape around it. To say it sent shivers down my spine is an understatement as I looked at the area where the crush happened. RIP all 96.

Advert

I was queueing to get into Fulham Broadway station outside Stamford Bridge when a load of police horses came gallopping along the road pushing us against a wall then crushing us into the station. I freely admit I was in tears when I got on the tube I was so scared. Eddie had a bag of crisps in his pocket which had turned into a bag of powder. Frightening and all caused by some police jockeys.

I had a similar experience at Walsall after the 5-0 cup defeat. Walking back to the coaches. No trouble anywhere, then all of sudden we got charged by police horses. Absolutely unbelievable actions by those who are supposed to be there to protect the public.

Justice at last for the 96, and their families. It's over and done now. Perhaps now something can be done for the 39 victims of Heysel.

14 were found guilty of manslaughter, our own Ronnie Jepson found not guilty. Now for some prosecutions for those to blame at Hillsborough.

I expect that the police will be taking a very long hard look at themselves and looking at and re-writting their handbook.

Maybe they can look at the fat pension that a certain individual has been receiving since, he was "Pensioned off" 2 years after the disaster!!!

Justice at last for the 96, and their families. It's over and done now. Perhaps now something can be done for the 39 victims of Heysel.

Can i just say you have no idea or understanding and seem so ignorant making such flippant remarks.

try this for a start especially the reply 735 and its link

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=327189.720

I don't like Adrian Durham but I listened to the ten minute tribute he made on podcast this afternoon where it finished reading out the names of the 96. He completely summed it up perfectly for me and paid an excellent tribute.

I had a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes, Christ knows what some of the families have gone through for 27 years.

The mistakes can possibly be forgiven but the lies and deceit which tried to desecrate the memory of 96 HUMAN BEINGS are quite simply evil and hopefully now those responsible for this at least will be brought to justice.

RIP.

I had a similar experience at Walsall after the 5

I vividly remember incidents at Walsall games. The first one relatively minor was inside the ground and I remember a red card at the time and it was this game. The second was horrific, when we were walking to the car through an industrial estate and the roads were full of pedestrians. A Mountie came hurtling through the crowd not bothering who was in the way and booted someone(who was unaware of him coming) in the back sending him flying. It wasn't a collision it was a kick. Anyone who complained was threatened with arrest. It may well have been the same game as the first incident. The first incident was towards the end of the game in the right hand front corner of the Vale standing end. A number of officers entered the crowd, targeted a number of fans and stood directly behind them as good as touching them. As soon as they moved or spoke they were out.

I visited the memorial with my lad when we played Everton and read all the names, but to be honest I can not blame the policeman who decided to open the gates, on hindsight yes it caused part of the problem other parts being the one main entrance to the pitch, the fencing, and that bloody barrier at pitch side. But with the fans streaming up the approach road to the turnstiles he saw a problem, and he needed to do something or else, a split second decision, we know now it was the wrong one, but like I say I can't condemn him for his decision. What I can't ignore is the attempted cover up, the "football hooligan culture" of the authorities at that time where we were treated like scum, not fit for purpose of football grounds. Cynically like everything in life these things after happen so they can be improved on, so they can't happen again... thinking of the 96.

I visited the memorial with my lad when we played Everton and read all the names, but to be honest I can not blame the policeman who decided to open the gates, on hindsight yes it caused part of the problem other parts being the one main entrance to the pitch, the fencing, and that bloody barrier at pitch side. But with the fans streaming up the approach road to the turnstiles he saw a problem, and he needed to do something or else, a split second decision, we know now it was the wrong one, but like I say I can't condemn him for his decision. What I can't ignore is the attempted cover up, the "football hooligan culture" of the authorities at that time where we were treated like scum, not fit for purpose of football grounds. Cynically like everything in life these things after happen so they can be improved on, so they can't happen again... thinking of the 96.
I suggest you read the full account of the police management over the month prior to the game, in the context of previous semi between the 2 clubs at the same ground, and also the actions of a commander of the largest police activity held in Sheffield that year. That will be the basis of the criminal case. Split second decisions are not made by senior management without knowlege of the possible outcomes, that is their task. Otherwise they are incompetent and create serious promlems, in this case the deaths of 96 people.

Archived