onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hillsborough.

melv

My copy of The Times has a photograph of the Hillsborough families on the front so I don't know where the one on your link has come from, melv?

Don't know about that.I just copied and pasted the link from the BBC web site.

Could it be different area's have slightly different editions?

Advert

I'm glad the families will have some level of closure it must be horrible what they have been through as no one should go to a footie game and not come home!

Interesting there were no headlines in the Sun or Times today re the story!:angry:#whatasurprise

There is in the times

The sun couldnt publish on the front page without serious criticism, they did publish inside with another apology [not that that would put anything right]

Agree with the criticism comment.But the news was and still is big headline news.As you say they would have been criticised anyway so they might as well have put it front page.By 'hiding'(?) it inside they have done themselves NO favours.It could even turn more people against the paper itself and they will buy a different paper or non at all.

Just seen elsewhere that it made page 8 in the Sun rag.

Agree with the criticism comment.But the news was and still is big headline news.As you say they would have been criticised anyway so they might as well have put it front page.By 'hiding'(?) it inside they have done themselves NO favours.It could even turn more people against the paper itself and they will buy a different paper or non at all.

Just seen elsewhere that it made page 8 in the Sun rag.

They could have printed an apology 20 pages long front page and back page and it still wouldnt have been accepted damned if they did damned if they didnt

They could have printed an apology 20 pages long front page and back page and it still wouldnt have been accepted damned if they did damned if they didnt
The least you can do when proved to be in the wrong is to apologise in the same manner as the insult was given, whether it is accepted or not is out of your control, but hiding it away from the passing public is pathetic.

Just on news ,that the Chief Constable of South Yorkshire has been suspended today!!

Mmmm this could be interesting.IF it is anything to do with a cover up and IF he is found to be part of it.Then he should be sacked and lose all his police pension rights

The Independents view of the absence of a front page apology by the Sun 27/4/2016............

Perhaps whatever The Sun would have done the boycott in Merseyside would have held unwavering. But that isn’t the point. This was about justice – and instead of a heartfelt apology which could have made valuable steps towards healing decades-long wounds, we were faced with one final instance of injustice

but at that moment he made a snap decision to relieve the pressure at the turnstiles, we now know it was the wrong one but he didn't think i'll open the gates and cause a disaster

A driver glancing at a text on his mobile doesn't think 'I'll get in my car not pay attention and mow someone down" but is still criminally responsible for the consequences of his/her decisions..or are they to be let off cos it was a 'split second' decision?

We need now to know the truth about what he was thinking, why he did what he did, what alternatives did he consider, what other decisions did he and any others make that led to the situation....he's not been found guilty and may not be guilty of any criminal offence regarding the opening of the gates (or there may not be enough evidence)...in due course he'll be charged if their is evidence and found guilty if a jury finds the case is proven. Charges relating to lieing etc are a different matter IMO.

A driver glancing at a text on his mobile doesn't think 'I'll get in my car not pay attention and mow someone down" but is still criminally responsible for the consequences of his/her decisions..or are they to be let off cos it was a 'split second' decision?

But in your example above, the driver was not trying to avert a possibly serious situation which was becoming apparent... I do agree with your second statement though, Let right be done.

Archived