onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hillsborough.

melv

I see a lot of supposition and not a lot of fact there. Not sure what you're trying to achieve here by trying to discredit a bunch of fans that have been totally exonerated?

I'll leave it at .Theres plenty of footage and first hand comments from family members and friends,all Liverpool fans..I hope the families can get some peace now.

Advert

My wife lost an Uncle at Hillsborough and several members of her family were also there that day. They say otherwise, but yep we'll agree to disagree here. RIP the 96 and I hope now the bastards who covered this up and discredited innocent fans get what's coming to them......

RIP all football fans who went to a match and didn't go home.

Why would people climb over the turnstiles roof to get in the ground?Why were fans being ejected without tickets and taken through gate C which allowed a few hundred fans to get in,in a surge.?That gate was opened twice.Pens 3 and 4 should have been shut.Did everyone have a ticket for those pens?Or did they climb over into there from the side pens.No Myths only facts TP.As I keep saying the police made massive errors of judgement.

RIP The 96.

Two points. The tickets were simply issued for the west stand terrace and not for specific pens so asking if folk had tickets for pens 3 and 4 is irrelevant.

Film and photographs of the day were forensically examined and I believe it was shown that the terrace was actually below its stated capacity of 10,100, so the question of ticketless fans is irrelevant.

There was no "surge" through Gate C. If you look at the video of the opening of the gate you will see fans walking through not surging through.

The crush outside the turnstile was a result of the match commander's failure to set up a cordon before the turnstiles as had been done by the previous match commander for games of this magnitude. You are making the assumption that those who climbed into the ground or came through Gate C were ticketless - that is not the case. Some may have been without tickets but there is video of fans in the ground after the game had been abandoned showing tickets with the counterfoil still attached because the police had let them through the gate rather than the turnstiles.

The crush outside the turnstiles was also a consequence of trying to get 10,000 people through 7 turnstiles. There were twice as many fans on the East terrace but six times as many turnstiles.

I know personally one of the members of the Hillsborough Independent Panal whose report led to the new inquests which reported yesterday. Having spent two years working as part of the panel he is convinced that the Jury reached the correct verdicts yesterday. He also reported that half of those who died could have been saved with a proper medical response.

Can we stop trying to re-try to verdict of the Jury without access to all the facts and lay this matter to rest now.

I visited the memorial with my lad when we played Everton and read all the names, but to be honest I can not blame the policeman who decided to open the gates, on hindsight yes it caused part of the problem other parts being the one main entrance to the pitch, the fencing, and that bloody barrier at pitch side. But with the fans streaming up the approach road to the turnstiles he saw a problem, and he needed to do something or else, a split second decision, we know now it was the wrong one, but like I say I can't condemn him for his decision. What I can't ignore is the attempted cover up, the "football hooligan culture" of the authorities at that time where we were treated like scum, not fit for purpose of football grounds. Cynically like everything in life these things after happen so they can be improved on, so they can't happen again... thinking of the 96.

Clarification in todays Telegraph at 4.31 PM. It was the Match Commander Duckenfield`s decision at 2.52 PM to open Gate C. Thus the blame is his and not the person who actually did it, who would not be aware whether the safety precautions inside had been followed.

Anyone who started following football after about 1992 wouldn't know how dangerous it used to be to attend a football match. Crowd safety measures weren't even a consideration, and violence was never far away. I'm sure that the prevailing climate of football crowds back then would have influenced the actions of policing on the day.

RIP the 96.

The vast majority who were already in the ground would surely have had tickets as you say Fosse as they were not involved in the chaos outside.They were the fans who came early.Of course there is no numbers stated,who will admit to it?

Do you have any facts to back this claim up with?

Using the Sun newspaper is NOT a fact.

Do you have any facts to back this claim up with?

Using the Sun newspaper is NOT a fact.

I Don't read the Sun. The question I'll ask you is how many on the jury were actually at Hillsborough?

A message to Jean.Gate C was opened TWICE.The first time was to eject ticketless fans which allowed a few hundred to SURGE through.The second time was the fatal opening of the gate.RIP the 96.

I Don't read the Sun. The question I'll ask you is how many on the jury were actually at Hillsborough?

A message to Jean.Gate C was opened TWICE.The first time was to eject ticketless fans which allowed a few hundred to SURGE through.The second time was the fatal opening of the gate.RIP the 96.

Make that 3 times.Unforgiveable for the police to lie but would you have opened the gate Melv?

Make that 3 times.Unforgiveable for the police to lie but would you have opened the gate Melv?

At what times did they open and close the gates?

How did they manage to close the gates when hundreds / thousands of fans would have been trying to get through the open gates?

Would I have opened them? I was not in charge of the policing.I was not trained to do the job.

Archived