onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

norm on radio stoke

RayWalkers40yarder

Advert

I just kind of let it go over my head to be honest, multiple times he's said this and that will be cut then radomly sign players, the budget was being cut this season the he signed a load.

Bizarrely he speaks a lot of negativity then spends above what he has said. I don't get it if I'm honest.

I don't get it either, he keeps ripen on about how much he has to keep putting to support the club, well he chuffin created that in the 1st place with his spasmodic signings, I know we have now loaned a few out but we will need a PTO on the back page of the programme if any more were to be bought in before season end. (big if I know) Apart from the club shop what have I benefited from after all of his so called spending.

He may be a successful business man in whatever he has done in the past, but by heck he hasn't got a Scooby-doo on how to treat customers.

What a 1st class plonker. I am amazed at how a chairman can put his foot in big stiles in everything he spouts via the media, a complete and utter embarrassment.

Bill Bratt and Norman both seem to treat the fans like mushrooms. The former kept us in the dark and the latter just chucks **** on us.

It would not have been a lie to say how chuffed he was with the game yesterday.

It would not have been a lie to say that the sale of the club is in hand and he hopes for a completion by the group with exclusivity.

It would not have been a lie to say that he is looking forward to folk taking up the season ticket offer.

It would not have been a lie to say that a lot of the squad are out of contract in the summer so they will need to keep playing out of their skins like they did yesterday if they want a new one.

And all of the above would have been considerably less depressing than the "truth" he has come out with tonight.

I'm half expecting his next statement to be along the lines of ..... I didn't say that I have been misinterpreted.

We are on the verge of the play offs and on our best home results run.We just got a very good result against Coventry.This is Smurfs reaction???

A squad the size we have is far to big for this club.But this was all part of Smurfs master plan.So now some cut backs need to be made.Well just off load any players out of contract that do NOT make the main squad or not even make the bench.Offering any regular squad member a 40% pay cut,take it or leave it is insane.They will just go elsewhere.This statement will do very very little to boost attendances for the rest of this season and will do very very little to boost season ticket sales.

I don't see the logic in what he is doing at all. I wouldn't go as far as to say this is what he is doing but going by his actions its almost as if he is trying to wind the club down.

He is making damn sure those £69 refunds on St's is safe....we should be going all out to build a massive buzz for next year's promotion campaign. signing the core team cutting loose the deadwood and avoiding a blady circus summer of rebuilding after loosing all the best players for nought....literally cannot understand how this man can be so nieve amd short sighted yet done so well in business???

literally cannot understand how this man can be so nieve amd short sighted yet done so well in business???

Many, many wealthy people are not that smart - they can afford good advice which leads to riches.

The point here is that none of us had heard of him before he took over - because his business interests didn't merit any significant PR.

His PVFC business certainly does need some considered PR, but he's said himself he's not good at that.

I just hope this latest gaffe isn't indicative of a bloke who's lost all interest.

He is making damn sure those £69 refunds on St's is safe....we should be going all out to build a massive buzz for next year's promotion campaign. signing the core team cutting loose the deadwood and avoiding a blady circus summer of rebuilding after loosing all the best players for nought....literally cannot understand how this man can be so nieve amd short sighted yet done so well in business???

Its a mystery to me how hes succeeded,as Jacko has said in post #64 he could have said something so much more positive,it makes me think it is deliberate.

A squad the size we have is far to big for this club.But this was all part of Smurfs master plan.So now some cut backs need to be made.Well just off load any players out of contract that do NOT make the main squad or not even make the bench.Offering any regular squad member a 40% pay cut,take it or leave it is insane.They will just go elsewhere.This statement will do very very little to boost attendances for the rest of this season and will do very very little to boost season ticket sales.

I get the impression that Smurf has imposed several signings onto Page as he was reluctant to pick them to play once they arrived. are these failed investments (and wage bill contributors) part of what Smurthwaite deems to be a loan to the club. If so he's passing on his financial cok ups onto the next buyer if he insists on not making a loss...

Port Vale inherently loses money like many similar clubs. Mr Smurf has done a tremendous job of stabilising the club at league 1 level. I paid for 2 season tickets last year and 1 of those was pointless and a subsidy. So I like Port Vale but like Mr Smurf it costs time (140 miles) and money. We need a way forward. Increasingly I think it is a new stadium and new business model but with 5k fans always a struggle. That said if PL prices are so high and our games as good as last Sunday surely there is a way to increase regular support.

Bless me, never a dull day in the Hamil eh!

Whatever the truth is in this latest Smurf episode, and whether he stays or goes, I will still be buying a ST - not for Norm, not for any potential new owner(s), but for Port Vale F.C :yes:

Like most Valiants I want PVFC to survive as a FL club, and whilst some may say the Aussie sun has finally got to me I believe we should reverse protest this time i.e. we step up and invest in a ST to show we care for our 'Club :yes:

Forget about owners - they come and go; forget about managers and players - they come and go; but remember always Port Vale F.C. because once its gone - its gone.

How many times, including Valiants, have fans across the land fought to protect a collective lifetime of personal, emotional and financial investment in 'their football club' from those who are 'here today, gone tomorrow'.

Once again dear friends it's in our hands to fight and protect our football club, but differently than last time :)

I respect the views of most on here bar a couple of ****s and believe this is where some have got it wrong but that's their choice. The root cause s Smurf. He pulls the strings, agrees signings etc and hamstrings Page in my view. Same last year with 2 budgets after cheap options had signed

A few came on Sunday who haven't been of late, great game and performance other than the photo shoot with away fans and then this . for the 3rd season we are being asked to invest in the unknown.

Total ****

Archived