onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

norm on radio stoke

RayWalkers40yarder

Advert

What if some of you are wrong the best thing to do is carry on as normal stop starting conspiracy theories just enjoy the football what will be will be
Like living in Midsomer. How about putting a challenge down to the players.........If you want to keep your pay, even a little raise..........just win promotion this season. (Otherwise your chances of promotion will be less next season, if you stay.)

The prospective new owners have paid a deposit which they will lose if they back out of the deal. So Smurf says that he is keeping his foot on the gas, just in case. He needs to put his foot down harder on the foot pedal not take it off to the tune of £800,000

Problem is that the vehicle will be running out of fuel the way that he is letting the tank run almost dry. Cutting the budget again means less quality players and a relegation battle next season if the club is not sold.

He hasnt put 2m of his own money in.

That money is revenue from the commercial side, which he owns.

I was told this by 4 different people at christmas. One who is very close to the club.

He is having supporters pants down with his lies. Think about it. Nothing adds up. Never has.

Its all part of his plan.

He will get found out.

I just hope intervention happens before we have no club and he and Synetics Solutions (new owners) have all the land.

Then you have been misinformed.

He has put 2m in over two years, please dont tell me you are daft enough to think we are breaking even???

I take no pleasure in saying I never warmed to the guy from the off. The whole standing on a bar stool in the local boozer with your tie around your head chanting football songs with the fans routine lasts for about 5 minutes (I believe Massimo Cellini did a similar thing at Leeds as a comparison) before you have to get down to the serious business of running the club.

Some lauded him for wearing his heart on his sleeve, I felt he was unprofessional and worse than that patronising and undermining to the very fans who put money through the turnstiles week after week. The whole "I always get my money back" speech on here was cringeworthy along with all the E-Type Jag analogies to prove just what a successful businessman he was. Well football's not like any other business, you can put as much or as little into a club as you desire but when the players cross the white line you have ZERO influence.

I have my doubts that he's even worth £80m but of course I could be completely wrong on that one, his Companies House history seems to list one 2-bit business venture after another. Definitely more Ratner than Rockerfeller. I might appear harsh and some will tell me to wind my neck in, but I strongly feel he has been rude and obnoxious at times to the fans (the JFH racism story and his so-called attack were just weird!) and has now thrown his toys out of the pram.

I hope for the sake of all Vale fans he doesn't dig his heels in or play silly games, I'd like to see him take a fair price, walk away and forget the last few years have happened, and give someone more stable a chance to move the club forward....

He's certainly dropped a few clangers - the "If I leave, you lot are shafted" one was an early insight into how he viewed the rank-and-file. To refer to any group as "you lot" is a poor show indeed, and he couldn't have had any complaints if he'd been run out of the room.

Having said that, the Exeter episodes (the coach-boarding and the Page-rollicking by the pitch) would have had nowhere near the coverage they did were it not for the internet. I must admit I question the motive of whoever took the picture of Smurthwaite and Page - no good was ever going to come out of that.

Having acknowledged his PR gaffes, by the sound of it he made another one last night - and this is the concern. Maybe he no longer cares what he says, or what people think of it.

Before people start slating Tunstallpotter and telling him to eff off back to the Oatcake,this poster always speaks from the heart and says it how it is. In my posts about Smurf in the past I have always warned fans about Smurf being a conman and I got lots of abuse off certain posters for saying this. The guy cant be trusted and he has certainly shown his true colours in the last few months. Yes I will be renewing my season ticket because I'm Port Vale through and through.

Then you have been misinformed.

He has put 2m in over two years, please dont tell me you are daft enough to think we are breaking even???

REP says dont judge him on his words but on his actions.... how do you know he has put the money in?... Im not saying he hasnt... but the only way we know is because he says so

I take no pleasure in saying I never warmed to the guy from the off. The whole standing on a bar stool in the local boozer with your tie around your head chanting football songs with the fans routine lasts for about 5 minutes (I believe Massimo Cellini did a similar thing at Leeds as a comparison) before you have to get down to the serious business of running the club.

Some lauded him for wearing his heart on his sleeve, I felt he was unprofessional and worse than that patronising and undermining to the very fans who put money through the turnstiles week after week. The whole "I always get my money back" speech on here was cringeworthy along with all the E-Type Jag analogies to prove just what a successful businessman he was. Well football's not like any other business, you can put as much or as little into a club as you desire but when the players cross the white line you have ZERO influence.

I have my doubts that he's even worth £80m but of course I could be completely wrong on that one, his Companies House history seems to list one 2-bit business venture after another. Definitely more Ratner than Rockerfeller. I might appear harsh and some will tell me to wind my neck in, but I strongly feel he has been rude and obnoxious at times to the fans (the JFH racism story and his so-called attack were just weird!) and has now thrown his toys out of the pram.

I hope for the sake of all Vale fans he doesn't dig his heels in or play silly games, I'd like to see him take a fair price, walk away and forget the last few years have happened, and give someone more stable a chance to move the club forward....

Cant really disagree with any of that

I'm a bit sceptical.

Do FFP and Salary Cap rules allow him to put his own money in to cover a shortfall in the wage budget?

I'm not sure the rules allow him do it as a gift, let alone as a loan.

My understanding is that it is 60% of your turnover...ticket sales,merchandise,sponsorships etc

TP, you speak absolute sense. I hope exactly the same but with Norman it's pointless second guessing what he'll do. His talk record says he does the exact opposite of what he has said.

Not read all the 14 pages of comments here but why oh why does he keep coming out with s**t like this. How doe she expect to sell ST when he is devaluing his product all the time? Absolutely crazy. Can't thank him enough fro what he has done, but quiet clearly it is too much for him. The sooner we get a new owner the better. Bye Bye Smurf!

Archived