onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

norm on radio stoke

RayWalkers40yarder

As far as I know he said it "could" be £800k, not that it will be.

There certainly seem to be plenty on here who think they know what the future holds.

A properly-orchestrated "Back the Boys" campaign is needed to get the ST-sales buzz going, and I would hope that Raj Atwal has got something planned for that. We've been excellent at home this season, and we need to make sure everyone knows it!

I have no idea if I will wake up tomorrow let alone the future.

A "back the boys" campaign would have had a good starting point after a good performance on sunday..... the same campaign after smurfs pr disabilities will have to work twice as hard to gain the same ground... sadly

Advert

And Smithie the 800k quoted is reported to be 1/3 of this season's budget.So the budget this season has been 2.4 million.Not too shabby.1.6m ,possibly, is reasonably competitive at this level.The budget ,if Smurf sells,will be up to new owners.The wait and see policy over buying STs by some fans is ,quite frankly ,pathetic.

The hard core will buy no matter what.... some however will wait to see what they are committing to, you cant blame them for that.

Guest barnzay_13

I'll still be attending every home and away game, as I have done now for a number of seasons. On the pitch I think we have improved a great deal, Sunday's match has to be a highlight of the season for me. Credit to Page for proving me wrong up to this point. Off the pitch however is a different story, nightmare media rant after nightmare media rant from norm, let's face it he lost interest a long time ago. If he was staying (which I hope not) he's making the vale fans uneasy and people who were true supporters of him like myself are now turning their back on him, to be going to the media and Twitter and saying what he does when there is a potential sale on the cards is just suicide. The sooner he is gone now the better in my eyes, he provided us with some good times and saved our club, but the bad now I'm afraid out weigh the good. I hope the buyer of the club who ever they may be have the time, money, vision and interest to make the club I/ we love into a major power in football.

The hard core will buy no matter what.... some however will wait to see what they are committing to, you cant blame them for that.

The budget, as quoted by Smurf ,will be based on this season's gates and ST sales.The more STs sold the bigger the budget,the better the players.The fact that Smurf isn't putting any of his own money in as loans is surely better.Living within our means or being saddled with debt is the choice for folk to commit to.The new owners could be a consortium of Russian billionaires for all we know.Who cares?

Bless me, never a dull day in the Hamil eh!

Whatever the truth is in this latest Smurf episode, and whether he stays or goes, I will still be buying a ST - not for Norm, not for any potential new owner(s), but for Port Vale F.C :yes:

Like most Valiants I want PVFC to survive as a FL club, and whilst some may say the Aussie sun has finally got to me I believe we should reverse protest this time i.e. we step up and invest in a ST to show we care for our 'Club :yes:

Forget about owners - they come and go; forget about managers and players - they come and go; but remember always Port Vale F.C. because once its gone - its gone.

How many times, including Valiants, have fans across the land fought to protect a collective lifetime of personal, emotional and financial investment in 'their football club' from those who are 'here today, gone tomorrow'.

Once again dear friends it's in our hands to fight and protect our football club, but differently than last time :)

Totally agree,great post Barry.:upthevale

All part of his cunning plan along with Synetics Solutions.

Whe he sells he will still be at the club.

Just wait and see.

I have heard the same from a really good source. He will still own the ground. He has made his money selling land for development purposes.

As an aside I have never met a hard core business who has NOT made a loss along the way.

And Smithie the 800k quoted is reported to be 1/3 of this season's budget.So the budget this season has been 2.4 million.Not too shabby.1.6m ,possibly, is reasonably competitive at this level.The budget ,if Smurf sells,will be up to new owners.The wait and see policy over buying STs by some fans is ,quite frankly ,pathetic.

Yep, just another excuse really. I think they're waiting for a club called Guarantee FC to be set up, where a certain number of home wins is assured or your money back.

He hasnt put 2m of his own money in.

That money is revenue from the commercial side, which he owns.

Interesting..seen that done before

I just hope intervention happens before we have no club and he and Synetics Solutions (new owners) have all the land.

Wonder if he knows someone at Synetics who will be a cover for any commercial development of the Vale site..which is sort of what Norm does in his day job

Archived