onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

28 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Stockport are one of the wealthiest sides in the bottom two divisions. 

Clubs can be wealthy and have the most expensive players.  But if they don't play as a team and for each other, then it wont work.  

Seen in several rich clubs and too many divas in them.

Advert

43 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

But Wrexham have more commercial income which increases their Fair Play spending limits?

42 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Clubs can be wealthy and have the most expensive players.  But if they don't play as a team and for each other, then it wont work.  

My point was merely that for a sought after player, Stockport can easily afford to out-bid us. That's a fact. 

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

My point was merely that for a sought after player, Stockport can easily afford to out-bid us. That's a fact. 

Stockport and Wrexham have been able to outbid us for several years. I suspect if they get promoted they will be outbidding the smaller Championship sides, rather than us. 

7 hours ago, DazFred said:

Our manager has turned out most productive attacker in Chislett,to a bit part player stuck out on the wing tracking back and trying to tackle.

We've scored 8 goals with a minus 10 goal difference in 11 games. Chislett has completed 90 minutes only twice and come off the bench 3 times. I honestly think we've got worse under Moore

Not sure it's fair to compare, let's say 'Crosby's team' (and the players he had at his disposal) and 'Moore's team' (and the players he's got at his disposal).

Obviously, no Blaster or Devine. Also, loanees from January haven't really been successful.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Stockport are going well, but I do take your point about signing the right type of player. Having said that Money seems to be working far better than the Process.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’m wondering when FFP will come into play regarding Wrexham and Stockport. I read last week that Wrexham FC are £9m in debt to their owners.

In league one and two owners can inject money to fund players as long as it isn’t in directors loans. The Oxford owners put in £2m a year to subsidise wages.

Dont we owe our owner some wedge ?

Edited by WV
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Diego Maradona said:

Not sure it's fair to compare, let's say 'Crosby's team' (and the players he had at his disposal) and 'Moore's team' (and the players he's got at his disposal).

Obviously, no Blaster or Devine. Also, loanees from January haven't really been successful.

I've not compared teams,just the treatment of Chislett. 

I'm baffled by Moore's interviews...he waffles and repeats himself. We don't appear to have a method of football and the team gives up far too easily. He did lose Devine and Blaster but Garrity and Plant came back...not the same positions or players but my original point was that wouldn't it be better to play your best attackers to try to score goals?

I think Chislett is one of our better players but not where he's being played and he's played 2 full games under Moore 

You could say Crosby's team were doing well until he had lost plant and Clarke and with them any pace to carry the ball up the pitch. Devine only really played well for his last month or so and was in and out of the team when we got the majority of our points this season. He was also without garity towards the end. I don't think it is fair to judge either manager with the unbalanced squads they had. Moore may have a bit more pulling power when it comes to signing players. I also don't think the majority of the players are as bad as everyone makes out its just hard when there is no pace, no full/wing backs and it is difficult to make subs that improve the team.

36 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

You could say Crosby's team were doing well until he had lost plant and Clarke and with them any pace to carry the ball up the pitch. Devine only really played well for his last month or so and was in and out of the team when we got the majority of our points this season. He was also without garity towards the end. I don't think it is fair to judge either manager with the unbalanced squads they had. Moore may have a bit more pulling power when it comes to signing players. I also don't think the majority of the players are as bad as everyone makes out its just hard when there is no pace, no full/wing backs and it is difficult to make subs that improve the team.

Apart from basically the first month of the season which performances will still debatable, Crosby was dire all the way through

Plant never got injured until the start of December and Crosby hardly picked Clarke even when he was fit & available

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I'm baffled by Moore's interviews...he waffles and repeats himself. We don't appear to have a method of football and the team gives up far too easily. He did lose Devine and Blaster but Garrity and Plant came back...not the same positions or players but my original point was that wouldn't it be better to play your best attackers to try to score goals?

I think Chislett is one of our better players but not where he's being played and he's played 2 full games under Moore 

Chislett been poor since the start of the year. 

You also do not know what his attitude is like in training either.

I have been really disappointed with Chislett's attitude on the pitch since Christmas especially when he think's he can just fall over to win free kicks

• Like 1

I’m wondering when FFP will come into play regarding Wrexham and Stockport. I read last week that Wrexham FC are £9m in debt to their owners.
Debts may refer to expenditure on infrastructure. As far as I know they are rebuilding at least one stand, and a campus.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

2 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

Personally I don’t think that Plant or Clarke have done much for us this season even when fit. I think before we started people were excited by the signings of Sang, Clarke and Grant. But none of them have done well as wing backs IMO. We’ve had a stinker in recruitment in that area, an area that let’s not forget is key to how we setup and play. None of them are that decent defensively IMO. 

2 hours ago, DazFred said:

Aside from the first half Saturday, I can’t remember Chisletts last good game, people might say he’s scored this many goals and got this many assists, but for me he’s been out of form for months and hasn’t warranted a place. 

Edited by PV1973