onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

Advert

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

If we get relegated expect the cheapest of the cheap. No strikers again and all our under contract “stars” keeping their money for another year while we finish 14th in league 2. 

Carol spent nothing this year, so don’t expect the boat to be pushed out in league 2. 

Expect a load of Championhip loans instead of the Prem ones and that’s your lot. 

I dont think that will be true but lets wait and see

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

If we get relegated expect the cheapest of the cheap. No strikers again and all our under contract “stars” keeping their money for another year while we finish 14th in league 2. 

Carol spent nothing this year, so don’t expect the boat to be pushed out in league 2. 

Expect a load of Championhip loans instead of the Prem ones and that’s your lot. 

14th in League 2 would be a cracking achievement with this lot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dipepa will likely leave for a big chunk o' dosh and this will give the money to sign a couple of goal scorers providing the daft player wage structure/ceiling still isn't in place. 

If we do go down I'd like to see most of the current squad stay and together with 4-6 quality additions would provide some continuity and quality for a quick return to Lge 1.

Chopping and changing a dozen+ players a season is not the way forward.

• Like 3

Teams will come in for the following players:

Garrity, Chislett, Plant, Shorrock, Dipepa

I'd take the fee for Garrity and Chislett but want decent sell ons for Plant, Shorrock and Dipepa.

If we go down I don't begrudge any of them going if the price is right. Plant and Shorrock could shine in league 2 though.

9 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Teams will come in for the following players:

Garrity, Chislett, Plant, Shorrock, Dipepa

I'd take the fee for Garrity and Chislett but want decent sell ons for Plant, Shorrock and Dipepa.

If we go down I don't begrudge any of them going if the price is right. Plant and Shorrock could shine in league 2 though.

Put Chislett out front with his tailgate up. A more nuanced transfer strategy is needed for the others mentioned above. That includes perhaps contract renegotiation to keep Garrity if needed. 

Edited by Warren

I like Chislett. He creates a lot of chances, 9 goals and 7 assists so far and generally passes forwards.

Appreciate when times are tough he doesn't look like the hard grafting midfielder we find it easy to like. I do think he is a success especially on a free transfer. I could easily see a mid table league one team wanting him. Would half expect to see a team like Charlton go in for him.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

I like Chislett. He creates a lot of chances, 9 goals and 7 assists so far and generally passes forwards.

Appreciate when times are tough he doesn't look like the hard grafting midfielder we find it easy to like. I do think he is a success especially on a free transfer. I could easily see a mid table league one team wanting him. Would half expect to see a team like Charlton go in for him.

Our manager has turned out most productive attacker in Chislett,to a bit part player stuck out on the wing tracking back and trying to tackle.

We've scored 8 goals with a minus 10 goal difference in 11 games. Chislett has completed 90 minutes only twice and come off the bench 3 times. I honestly think we've got worse under Moore

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Our manager has turned out most productive attacker in Chislett,to a bit part player stuck out on the wing tracking back and trying to tackle.

We've scored 8 goals with a minus 10 goal difference in 11 games. Chislett has completed 90 minutes only twice and come off the bench 3 times. I honestly think we've got worse under Moore

I agree with all of that. He's been lumped about all over midfield recently.

He should have scored atleast 4 since Moore arrived though. Most of those could have been in that first half at Cheltenham. He seems to be one of those players if he has too much time it goes wrong, but if he hits on instinct it goes for him.

I’m looking forward to getting in players that play in one position and one position only, then signing back up players to stand in for them should they be tangled up by suspensions or injuries.

Like a proper transfer window, squad balance, formation fitting planned strategy sort of thing.

• Like 5