onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League one relegation watch

Emile

Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?

• Yes
    • No

Out of the relegation zone on "points deducted. Carlisle have won 4 games this season. One was against us. Cheltenham 6, one against us. We've got 14 points in 19 games. Absolutely sleepwalking towards league 2 as it stands. Lose next Saturday and Crosby has to go. He should have been sacked after Boxing Day to give us a chance during January.

• Like 7

Advert

I was on my way to start a relegation thread so glad there already is one.

In terms of the next 5 fixtures I am only writing off Peterborough.

My predictions

Fleetwood A - Draw - Our midfield still hasn't gelled

Leyton Orient H - Draw - Just don't think we'll have it together by then .

Stevenage H - Win - finally some revenge

Peterborough A - Lose of course

Cheltenham A - Lose - Just think DC will have the measure of us

Having said all that I think anything under 7 points from that run is bad news for us.

One of the only upsides from the Portsmouth game and our league position is that it might force our hand a bit and temper the overconfidence with some realism. 

Screenshot_20240128-083415.thumb.png.0177ecac32c7c1753e106e9bbf4441e0.png

1 hour ago, bobbymanc said:

Out of the relegation zone on "points deducted. Carlisle have won 4 games this season. One was against us. Cheltenham 6, one against us. We've got 14 points in 19 games. Absolutely sleepwalking towards league 2 as it stands. Lose next Saturday and Crosby has to go. He should have been sacked after Boxing Day to give us a chance during January.

If you don’t like it mate **** off down Stoke. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Changes to the league table;

On the down;

WAS 13th - Charlton NOW 18th

WAS 14th - Port Vale NOW 20TH
WAS 16th - Wycombe NOW 19TH

On the up;

WAS 18th - Wigan NOW 13TH

WAS 19th - Cambridge NOW 16TH
WAS 20th - Exeter NOW 14TH

Bad form last 5 games;

Fleetwood 1pt
Charlton 2pts
Carlisle 3pts
Cheltenham 4pts
Port Vale 4pts

Exeter seem to be turning it around. Gap is closing on the bottom 4 but Carlisle and Fleetwood still look dead and buried.
I still expect more shenanigans at Reading will send them down, plus losing all their best players. So that would leave one spot still to be decided - and on current showing it seems to be between us and Wycombe. Charlton could get dragged in but I think once they get a new manager they will be fine. Lincoln are also in dire form but 5 points above us so not sure if they have just enough to not get dragged in.

I'm sure lots will change in the next few weeks

Edited by Emile

Sick of this manufactured b#######, staged interviews with leaving loan players, academy players, Flitcroft, Crosby and Ryder. Saying things people want to hear. Ever likely they pass interviews with big clubs they say what clubs want to hear. The reality is we are easy to play against, the football is dire and they are driving fans away. Could not care less who the president is, just want a team who competes unlike yesterday and many games this season. A season ticket older since 1969.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Alfie1962 said:

Sick of this manufactured b#######, staged interviews with leaving loan players, academy players, Flitcroft, Crosby and Ryder. Saying things people want to hear. Ever likely they pass interviews with big clubs they say what clubs want to hear. The reality is we are easy to play against, the football is dire and they are driving fans away. Could not care less who the president is, just want a team who competes unlike yesterday and many games this season. A season ticket older since 1969.

That you Alfie, former Alma pub landlord?

6 hours ago, bobbymanc said:

I hope this doesn't upset Carol too much, but it's pointless sacking Crosby to make better signings. It's Flitcroft making the signings. They both need sacking if we want any real change. Sacking Crosby will just bring another scapegoat in for Flitcroft's constant failures. 

Sorry for being mean.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

I hope this doesn't upset Carol too much, but it's pointless sacking Crosby to make better signings. It's Flitcroft making the signings. They both need sacking if we want any real change. Sacking Crosby will just bring another scapegoat in for Flitcroft's constant failures. 

Sorry for being mean.

Why would it upset carol?