onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League one relegation watch

Emile

Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, Emile said:

I think Fleetwood are as good as down and couldn't happen to a nicer club. Despite a better run of form currently Reading will also go down due to the off-field chaos and the forthcoming redundancies. I think Carlisle will also drop down as I don't think they have enough quality even with the new owners slapping a bit of cash about. I think Clarke will keep Cheltenham up looking at the upturn in form since he took over and so place for a team to go on a stinker of a run. Could be us, Cambridge, Burton, Shrewsbury or my pick, Exeter.

Bottom four;

Fleetwood
Carlisle
Reading
Exeter

I like Fleetwood.. !  Done brilliant in the shadows of Blackpool and always a good away day.

Advert

On 09/01/2024 at 14:31, Osh said:

The bookies rarely lose.

Mrs Coates been paid 221 million last year 😳

2 others think her brothers(not sure though)take it to 400 million took out for the family last year 

And there is rumours of Financial fair play been scrapped 

17 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Mrs Coates been paid 221 million last year 😳

2 others think her brothers(not sure though)take it to 400 million took out for the family last year 

And there is rumours of Financial fair play been scrapped 

Exactly. And they bankroll our neighbours massively every year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Eight points between 10th and 20th, but the bottom four are a little ways behind. Though in fact Reading would be above us without their points deduction and we'd be out of the relegation zone on goal difference.

However, Reading are in fact in crisis and the three below them have also had calamitous campaigns so far. Clarke may get Cheltenham clear but with the points we have already accumulated and the games we have in hand then there's no excuses for us to fall into the drop this year. Eight points off the top ten should be our focus.

• Like 1

fleetwood and carlisle I reckon.

Charlton? in freefall, no manager and played more.

Any of the bottom 10 could fill the other 2 spots, but it could be any of those teams.

I think we'll be safe with a cushion of games to play, we just can't keep giving freebies away to teams who can't beat anyone else (carlisle, shrewsbury etc.)

I think Fleetwood and Carlisle will go, they literally need play off form to survive.

Cheltenham still have a big task but the other spot is anyones from 12th down really.

Charlton in free fall, Shrewsbury just dont score goals, Reading will stay up if they don't fire sale but that will probably be decided this week, if Azeez and Smith go then you'd think that would be curtains, but otherwise they are in good form.

We have the games in hand and the form is good (3 wins 2 draws in 7) keep that up we will cruise to safety but we can't afford a poor second half season like last season or we'd be the ones to go. Long as we win 2 in every 7 games with the odd draw we would stay up so it isn't a huge ask but can't take the foot off the gas or be complacent.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Will be happier when games played are level and we have won at least 1 drawn 1.

February is a big month as we will pretty much close the backlog of games off and have some very winnable games (Fleetwood Home and Away, Stevenage, Orient, Lincoln Home, Reading Away, Cheltenham Away) so 4 games v current bottom 4, 1 against Lincoln who are massively out of form, Stevenage who we should of beaten a few weeks back, Orient are in form but newly promoted and a tough trip to Peterborough.

We will know a lot more come Feb 27th of where we are heading I would think. 3 wins minimum would be the requirement. 4 ideally.

Looking at the Cheltenham report, they were apparently much the better team again today losing at Derby just as they were at Bolton in the week, they are certainly having a go unlike ourselves.  I still see them getting out of this, looking at their next 3 games, Wycombe, Burton and Cambridge, can see a few wins for them, massive game next week for us.