onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - Jan 13th

robf

22 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

I think you answered your own argument (disruption) not hooligans. 

so clubs job to sort not Police 

To be fair, even when there was only the 20 teens left on the pitch at the end, both stewards and police alike, just stood there with their hands in their pockets, chit chatting with them. They made absolutely zero attempt, to clear the pitch of the last 20, even though they vastly outnumbered them. Even their own where chanting "off off off" by then...

Advert

13 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

Just going to swap onto the ‘Crosby out’ thread to see if he’s getting the blame along with the Police ..😉

He will because we've not picked up the three points yet. 

The incident has been filmed. The culprits are easily found by way of looking at the seats they occupied and from other club / Internet presence. It's an offence to enter the pitch etc. Prosecutions should be brought. It's important because customers - Vale fans and others - have suffered loss of time / money from this. Also from a compliance and deterrence perspective, the law must be upheld. 

Many years ago now, I was at a Tranmere game at Prenton Park. This nutcase, known for climbing church steeples, climbed the floodlight and leapt on to the Cowshed (away stand) roof at half time. He got past the barbed wire deterrent part way up the floodlight. Would not come down and the game was abandoned and replayed. 

This game must be replayed with controls in place to ensure no repeat. Whatever they need to be. L1 is a sporting competition between teams and players. 

1 hour ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Hang on are you being serious how can it be the only option the reading fans stage a protest on the pitch and you reckon the game should be replayed come on do me a favour ,Reading should be punished there fans caused the game to be called off.

I dare say reading will be punished but we can't benefit to detriment of other clubs.

8 minutes ago, Warren said:

The incident has been filmed. The culprits are easily found by way of looking at the seats they occupied and from other club / Internet presence. It's an offence to enter the pitch etc. Prosecutions should be brought. It's important because customers - Vale fans and others - have suffered loss of time / money from this. Also from a compliance and deterrence perspective, the law must be upheld. 

Many years ago now, I was at a Tranmere game at Prenton Park. This nutcase, known for climbing church steeples, climbed the floodlight and leapt on to the Cowshed (away stand) roof at half time. Would not come down and the game was abandoned and replayed. 

The game must be replayed with controls in place to ensure no repeat. Whatever they need to be. 

Agree that the police should do a slow time prosecution of fans  on the pitch , or the club will have to at least ban them from the ground , else no deterrent. 

thats different to preventing a spontaneous pitch invasion and then using force to remove them once peacefully protesting. 

I understand and support the reading fans who protested today, seems many of who made the effort to travel down today did too, those whinging ought pipe down....  But that's just my onions, you have the right to protest people protesting, the same freedom allows me to express how boring you are 🙂this is Staffordshire not china, class our land 

I understand and support the reading fans who protested today, seems many of who made the effort to travel down today did too, those whinging ought pipe down....  But that's just my onions, you have the right to protest people protesting, the same freedom allows me to express how boring you are this is Staffordshire not china, class our land 
Could you translate that post please ?

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

10 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Yeah, it is a bit of a joke, they made their point and certainly got the publicity they were after. They should have left the pitch and allowed the game to continue.

Most of those on the pitch couldn’t give a <ovf censored>. It was like the old days when we used to get on the pitch, last game of the season just because we could.

Archived