onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

James Antony Wilson.

ollyandpatch

Advert

1 minute ago, ollyandpatch said:

With Credit in the bank from the last two seasons and 16 goals from 76 appearances surely our Manager is not going to clear him off in the next couple of weeks?

Even with his limited starts he is streets ahead of Loft and uche and in my opinion should be given the rest of the season to lead the line...

Thoughts?......

A very difficult conundrum. 

He's better than those pair however we need a new striker and because they have longer contracts I'd imagine Wilson is more disposable so may well be released. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

With Credit in the bank from the last two seasons and 16 goals from 76 appearances surely our Manager is not going to clear him off in the next couple of weeks?

Even with his limited starts he is streets ahead of Loft and uche and in my opinion should be given the rest of the season to lead the line...

Thoughts?......

Keep him without a doubt - is anyone seriously thinking we will be purchasing a proven goal-scorer in January.

15 minutes yesterday - two shots, one goal - bring him on every game as a modern day David Fairclough  - NICE 😍😍😍😍

• Like 7

Difficult one.  He came on yesterday and within seconds was having shots at their goal.  Just shows if he was fit for most of the season what an asset he would be.  But plays a couple of weeks and is then off for 10 weeks.  Probably due to all the tackles on him by the opposition as they know he is dangerous.

You add up all the strikers skills and they still do not come anywhere near Willos skill.

• Like 3

If you could guarantee 30 games a season he's worth keeping.  History says he managed that twice in his career. I'd probably gamble until the end of the season but at some point we have to move on. I think we'll offer him something,  maybe get 10 more games out of him and then let him go in the summer.

• Like 1

Uche and Lofty have not exactly been the paragon’s of fitness/being injury free and when they have been ‘fit’ they’ve had nowhere near the impact, relatively speaking/goals-wise, JW has when he’s played (I’m not just thinking of yesterday's cameo and appreciate he has anonymous games too) . For me a no brainer as a squad striker/impact sub/impact starter to sub at halftime etc since I’d assume contract terms wouldn’t be outrageous since he wasn’t exactly the top of (or even on) anyone else’s shopping list in the Summer.

• Like 1

He's worth far more to us than loft or ikpeazu

How many goals has he got this season, 3/4?

He appeared yesterday just about getting fit and back from his injury, looked dangerous and bagged.

If he only makes another 10 appearances this season he'll contribute more than the other strikers.

Keep.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Hoppers said:

Keep him without a doubt - is anyone seriously thinking we will be purchasing a proven goal-scorer in January.

15 minutes yesterday - two shots, one goal - bring him on every game as a modern day David Fairclough  - NICE 😍😍😍😍

Hop, only keep him if we can get rid of Loft/Uche or both which I know is very unlikely. We’d still need to bring in another striker possibly a loan, which is always a gamble. Loft/Uche were things done on the cheap which with our budget will be very expensive, for a club of our stature and finances.

Merry Christmas to all. Thank you for your comments which doesn’t matter if I agree with them, it gives me a view of others thoughts. All the best for 2024.

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Surely we can’t afford to lose him. He is a goal threat, something which none of our other strikers are. A James Wilson who only plays a limited amount of games a season would still score more goals than Uche and Loft would accumulate together if they played in every game. Uche and Loft don’t seem to have that anticipation to be in the right place at the right time to meet a cross or like yesterday tap the ball in from a goalkeepers save. 

in all honesty who are we likely to get who is better than Wilson? I get the impression strikers are in short supply across the football league and it isn’t just a problem that we are facing. 

The point he got us yesterday may be the difference come the end of the season. Maybe instead of looking at how many games Wilson plays over the course of the season, the emphasis should be on how many points does he get us. Sadly I m not sure how many points Uche and Loft will get us. 

Edited by Chopper Harris
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Hoppers said:

Hops, is it confirmed that James scored yesterday as bbc saying Garrity.?

If he does stay I think 30 mins max every game regardless of what the situation on the pitch is, because literally playing him a little too long can result in months out. Even if he scores 3 the previous time out, just treat him as unavailable for any longer. Just use him as an impact sub because load management is never going to work with him, he’ll break down if he’s played too regularly.

Keep him to end of the season, but he will need to be fit to the very end to even consider ever again. Remember, it wasn’t as if until he got injured he had scored loads this season. 

He is a very talented player but we don’t have the strength in depth to keep him for 10 games a season. He’d be brilliant off the bench for a poorer Championship side or league 1 club with better resources looking for a bench sitter. Any club in the football league hoping he can lead their line will be very disappointed. 

He is like those 10-15 year old BMW 7 series’ that you see for a couple of grand. You sit in it and think “wow what a bargain, incredible” then drive down the road and the engine blows up. 

Personally I actually think we should get rid and it is more of a case of me having absolutely no faith in finding anyone better that leads me to want him to stay until the end of the season.