onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

James Antony Wilson.

ollyandpatch

3 hours ago, rayzer said:

I think for this reason he will not be offered a new contract in January. I don't know if anyone noticed Crosby's body language yesterday at the end of the game. He was going around the players patting them on the back except when JW came up to him he couldn't wait to move on the next player and didn't make eye contact. It was a sign to me that his days are numbered as a Vale player.

It's not up to Crosby who gets signed and who doesn't.

Advert

3 hours ago, rayzer said:

. I don't know if anyone noticed Crosby's body language yesterday at the end of the game. He was going around the players patting them on the back except when JW came up to him he couldn't wait to move on the next player 

He was probably just making sure he didn’t injure him 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

It's not up to Crosby who gets signed and who doesn't.

And there lies the problem. We have a system where the coach manager ends up with players he may not really want. The DoF system may suit the premier league with such large squads. But I have never thought it is needed in league 1. Nor do we need loads of stats analysts

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JRC said:

If you could guarantee 30 games a season he's worth keeping.  History says he managed that twice in his career. I'd probably gamble until the end of the season but at some point we have to move on. I think we'll offer him something,  maybe get 10 more games out of him and then let him go in the summer.

At this point in this season, i would keep Wilson and hope and pray we get 8 games out of him.

Those 8 games will get us more points than the 16 games with Loft, Uche or anyone else currently at the club as striker

• Like 8

James Wilson started his professional career at Manchester United in 2015 in five years at Old Trafford he played 15 first team games scoring 3 goals. In the time he was at Manchester United he went out on loan 4 times making 61 appearances and scoring 9 goals not a fantastic return for a striker. In total he has played 193 matches and scored 37 goals a pretty average return. But over nine year professional playing career he plays about twenty matches per calendar year scoring four goals. As we all know if he could stay fit what a difference he would make not just to PORT VALE but any team playing at this level.

From the problems Vale have encountered this season with a lack of a goalscorer. He should be given a contract til the end of the season . He is a natural finisher and far more talented than Uche or Loft. Reality states everyone at every level of football wants a goalscorer and unless you can bring one through the academy. The chances of signing one on loan from either a Premier League or Championship club are unlikely. Interestingly Blackpool have a proven goalscorer on loan from Huddersfield Town who are struggling in the lower reaches of the Championship in Jordan Rhodes who throughout his career has been a prolific goalscorer for mainly Blackburn Rovers and Huddersfield Town. His farewell Blackpool appearance may well be at Vale Park on Friday.

• Like 3

Assuming we can't sign a proven L1 goalscorer in January, I would offer Wilson something until the end of the season, but any deal would be heavily based on apperances. I'm guessing Thomas will head back to Swansea, so we should look to replace him with another loan signing. 

We can't end the window with Loft, Uche, Wilson & Garrity as a makeshift striker as our options up front.

• Like 2

If Willo could guarantee being available for 30 games per season, then he wouldn’t be with us at all, and not playing at this level. His ability is well above anything else we have. 
I think we’re being deluded if we think we can get a quality striker in January, unless we have cash to burn on a transfer fee. I’d say to extend Willo till at least the end of this season or we really will be struggling up front. At a time when, generally, our home crowds are falling, we need to keep what quality we do have offensively.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, worldsendvalefan said:

And there lies the problem. We have a system where the coach manager ends up with players he may not really want. The DoF system may suit the premier league with such large squads. But I have never thought it is needed in league 1. Nor do we need loads of stats analysts

Yeah, Man U are trying the 'no DoF'  in the Prem, and that's going beyond amazing isn't it 🤣

29 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Yeah, Man U are trying the 'no DoF'  in the Prem, and that's going beyond amazing isn't it 🤣

I don't know the answer to this, so I am only asking. Do Klopp and Guirdiola have DoF's.

Did Alex Ferguson have one, did bill Shankly, Bob Paisley or Brian Clough, now I know they didn't.

We've got a DoF and that's going beyond amazing isn't it.

Truth is either having one or not does not guarantee success or failure. I just think it's overkill at this level. Just another big wage we can't afford. Milton Keynes have been doing it for a few years, and has completely failed at this level.

I don't know the answer to this, so I am only asking. Do Klopp and Guirdiola have DoF's.
Did Alex Ferguson have one, did bill Shankly, Bob Paisley or Brian Clough, now I know they didn't.
We've got a DoF and that's going beyond amazing isn't it.
Truth is either having one or not does not guarantee success or failure. I just think it's overkill at this level. Just another big wage we can't afford. Milton Keynes have been doing it for a few years, and has completely failed at this level.
Main purpose of a DOF at Vale is to build it into a development club and become less dependent upon external funding.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

Main purpose of a DOF at Vale is to build it into a development club and become less dependent upon external funding.

Crewe managed to do that very well for years without a DoF. I am sure you can have someone in charge of youth development. Without their remit including, deciding which first team squad players we bring in and being higher up the pecking order than the first team coach/manager. Neither roles have have anything to do with youth development.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

With Credit in the bank from the last two seasons and 16 goals from 76 appearances surely our Manager is not going to clear him off in the next couple of weeks?
Even with his limited starts he is streets ahead of Loft and uche and in my opinion should be given the rest of the season to lead the line...
Thoughts?......
Here we go again

Sent from my SM-G981B using onevalefan mobile app

Crewe managed to do that very well for years without a DoF. I am sure you can have someone in charge of youth development. Without their remit including, deciding which first team squad players we bring in and being higher up the pecking order than the first team coach/manager. Neither roles have have anything to do with youth development.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

Management structures vary from club to club. Job descriptions/specifications will vary to suit each clubs' requirements. DoF at Vale covers everything on the pitch to ensure a common style throughout the club. Takes a few years to set a production line up. But at the same time, L1 status is essential