onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

James Antony Wilson.

ollyandpatch

Advert

53 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Management structures vary from club to club. Job descriptions/specifications will vary to suit each clubs' requirements. DoF at Vale covers everything on the pitch to ensure a common style throughout the club. Takes a few years to set a production line up. But at the same time, L1 status is essential

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

This is also an aspect that worries me. If we were to have a manager/coach vacancy (hypothetically) do we then ignore an excellent coach/manager just because he would play a different style of play to the one preferred by the DoF.

We then have the possibility of having a lesser coach, worse results and all that entails

This is also an aspect that worries me. If we were to have a manager/coach vacancy (hypothetically) do we then ignore an excellent coach/manager just because he would play a different style of play to the one preferred by the DoF.
We then have the possibility of having a lesser coach, worse results and all that entails
Deeper than that, it is the club style. A new DoF would employ the same style.

No brainer for me he should get a contract until the end of the season minimum.

He will in 30+ games this season and will be our top-scoring forward - mark my words.

Wouldn't be surprised if he got an offer from Cheltenham though, joining Petty and maybe Conlon as Clarke puts the band back together

• Like 2

But the players are employed to suit that style.

Good point, but that would mean we are permanently stuck with one style of play, no matter what the results good or bad.
Let's just hope the results do come good. Then I won't really care if we have a DoF or not.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

15 hours ago, DazFred said:

I'd gamble on him till the end of the season but still be looking for a forward in the window 

We have Dipepa and Garrity too.

Up to Chizzy,Alfie and set pieces to contribute more goals aswell 

The problem is we already have Uche & Loft on our books and if we keep Wilson, we are may not bring in another striker or if we do, it will be an untried youngster from the Premier League or Championship especially because Garrity can play up top and because Crosby does not start with 2 strikers at the same time

On 24/12/2023 at 16:44, Vtid said:

With the other options we have available it's a no brainer. Just hope he can stay fit. The football we are trying to implicate is suited perfectly for willo 

Don't take this the wrong way but you do talk some rubbish admittedly you re not alone (and I include myself in that) but how can you change your opinion in so short a time ?wilson_1.thumb.png.979811ddc0350773eae6188add4a644a.png 

Edited by Bobnewtonian
  • Like 1

On 24/12/2023 at 16:44, Vtid said:

With the other options we have available it's a no brainer. Just hope he can stay fit. The football we are trying to implicate is suited perfectly for willo 

That reminds me I dont really rate your first aid skills either : I suppose that this is the right time of the year for miracles though....wilson_2.thumb.png.294276bdffedd659a1e2447cfa18d386.png

wilson_3.png

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bobnewtonian said:

Don't take this the wrong way but you do talk some rubbish admittedly you re not alone (and I include myself in that) but how can you change your opinion in so short a time ?wilson_1.thumb.png.979811ddc0350773eae6188add4a644a.png 

haha due to the lack of options we have up front, levels above uche & loft technically. Don't get me wrong i'd rather have other strikers at the club but if it means wilson or uche/loft then i think we can all agree who we'd prefer. as we all know it's his fitness that's the issue