onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Barnsley (H) match thread - Boxing Day

robf

• robf featured this topic

Advert

Going down south on Xmas Eve then having to head back on Boxing day as working that night .

Going give my season ticket to ex wives sister and if back in time I'll buy a ticket on the day .

Could really do with Going this game .

If cannot get fired up avenge that defeat then footballs gone 

UTV 

Crosby needs to learn from the Wigan game where we played good football for the first time in months.

He, and indeed the owners, need to understand, that 2023 has been utter rubbish at Vale Park. We have seen dire game after dire game.

These have often been occasioned by the managers and their team selections and formations.

I'm not the gift that keeps on giving. If it continues I won't come next season. 

Edited by Warren

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Crosby needs to learn from the Wigan game where we played good football for the first time in months.

He, and indeed the owners, need to understand, that 2023 has been utter rubbish at Vale Park. We have seen dire game after dire game.

These have often been occasioned by the managers and their team selections and formations.

I'm not the gift that keeps on giving. If it continues I won't come next season. 

Proper Vale fan ! 🙈😎

• Haha 2

Ripley

Massey Debrah Smith Yak

< Sang Lowe Grant >

< Devine  Chislett >

Garrity

No first choice wingbacks or centre midfielders, awesome. Last time Sang played CM? Barnsley away? For that reason, give him some help in the centre. Back 4 flat as a pitta bread, don’t go over half way. 0-0

Barnsley's away form is second only to Pompey. They have only lost 1 away and are averaging more than 2 points a game.  Vale without our two most influential players.  Can't see anything other than a Vale win, 3-2 ! 

Follow that with a Friday night home game against a Blackpool side who are going well but have only won twice away. A Vale buoyed by a last minute winner against Barnsley run out comfortable 2-0 winners.

Back on the road we, for once, aren't 'charity Vale' and set up an exciting second half of the season with a thumping 4-0 win against a 'Luke Armstrong less' Carlisle.

Couldn't wait till tomorrow. A big bottle of beautiful Plum Porter, Grand Reserve, sees Vale set sail for the play-offs.

We are aboard the good ship Titanic, what can possibly go wrong? !!!

Merry Christmas Valiants!

Edited by andy jones
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Barnsley's away form is second only to Pompey. They have only lost 1 away and are averaging more than 2 points a game.  Vale without our two most influential players.  Can't see anything other than a Vale win, 3-2 ! 

Follow that with a Friday night home game against a Blackpool side who are going well but have only won twice away. A Vale buoyed by a last minute winner against Barnsley run out comfortable 2-0 winners.

Back on the road we, for once, aren't 'charity Vale' and set up an exciting second half of the season with a thumping 4-0 win against a 'Luke Armstrong less' Carlisle.

Couldn't wait till tomorrow. A big bottle of beautiful Plum Porter, Grand Reserve, sees Vale set sail for the play-offs.

Get me a pint in lad quick 😍👍👅

• Haha 1

Have a word with yourself. Shocking.

On 22/12/2023 at 13:24, robf said:

Another match in a busy festive period for the Valiants - can they gain some measure of revenge from that opening day thrashing?

Post your pre/during/post match thoughts in here...

I was there at Barnsley and they played us off the park and we had no answers to their attack which took us apart and without Riply I thought it was going to be double figures 

and I hope we defend much better this time as Cole is very, very quick and we need to score some goals before we start our normal tippy tippy football and Barnsley aren’t coming to sit and watch and then it’s Blackpool and I hope I am wrong but will be there for every match home and away as normal 

My heart says 3-2 to the mighty whites vanquishing the opening day humiliation thanks to motivation and personal desire to avenge the humiliation faced by supporters, the club and the players on that day.

However

My head says if we play like we did against Middlesbrough we could be on the end of another absolute spanking.

Question! - has any manager (anywhere) survived the sack after being hammered home and away by the same opponents?

Wilson being back partly gives me hope in front of goal as an end on our excellent approach play but ojo and arblaster being injured removes creativity. Can we play a different way?

Hmm. I will find out on boxing day.