onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Barnsley (H) match thread - Boxing Day

robf

52 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

I was there at Barnsley and they played us off the park and we had no answers to their attack which took us apart and without Riply I thought it was going to be double figures 

and I hope we defend much better this time as Cole is very, very quick and we need to score some goals before we start our normal tippy tippy football and Barnsley aren’t coming to sit and watch and then it’s Blackpool and I hope I am wrong but will be there for every match home and away as normal 

I watched that game all they did was cross the ball and let's face it we gave them every goal .

On Tuesday I expect us give them nothing .

Pick a team to go at them .

I'd be starting Dipepa and Wilson get about them don't give them a moments peace on the ball .

Play 11 who have some go in them .

Do not be lethargic .

We owe them 

Run harder than you have ever run .

Do not play players who by body language do not want to play for Vale never mind Crosby.

Get behind the team you saw v Wigan what we capable of should have being 5-1 at half time .

Well bring on those tykes and send them home with nothing .

Professional pride 

Come on Vale .

Nowt be scared off this leagues average at best . 

Advert

33 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Trouble is I have seen us play worse than the 7-0 loss at the start of the season, so god help us on Boxing Day. 

This is the squad and manager's big opportunity for redemption. Barnsley won that game through bad mistakes, giving up and new players not well integrated. I think the soft pre season didn't help. But they're not that good and if we turn up with a sensible team they can be beaten. A sensible team isn't 7 defenders with 3 playing out of position. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Proper Vale fan ! 🙈😎

There are half the Vale support who have had it with Crosby. I've not had it with him as a human being and hope he can solve HIS issues. But I ain't paying to watch this rubbish next season. 

Am I going to watch Tranmere as suggested. No I'm going to save up for a trip to Sligo in Feb 2025 that includes playing some chess. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 3

Well the doom.merchants will see if go online that tickets are selling very well for this game .

Wonder why that is because most saw the Wigan game at a guess ,hope they didn't see the boro game as that was absolutely awful .

Turn in the Wigan type performance we WIN .

The reason I thi k we will win is James Wilson. 

That cameo (wordup)v Wycombe should put his name  on team sheet .

UTV 

24 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

With all due respect Phil, between the Middlesbrough and Wycombe game, you were a proper doom merchant. You must be disappointed with the ticket sales

The Middlesborough performance lacked anything associated with what I saw v Wigan we seemed to accept defeat quite easily having had 3 hours sleep to attend i was not happy with what i saw I cannot imagine anyone in the home ends were. 

However today's a new day it's Xmas day(a very merry Xmas to you ) and I'm back to backing my football club and I saw in that little bit on sat where J Wilson entered the fray quite a difference he could make to our team .

So I'm back to believing again in quite a lot of games we have come out the wrong side of results 7 out of 9 points is getting rewarded ,when you were not getting a thing in earlier season games so in reality what goes around comes around .

I should Imagine every supporter /follower of Port Vale along with the players should have the bit between there teeth (not me I've hardly got any lol ).

Be positive a Wigan type performance gives us hope .

I'm.coming back from Alton Hampshire to hopefully get back for kick off 

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention

Very much doubt Wilson is fit enough for much more than 45 minutes. I'd keep him on the bench and bring him on at halftime or around the 60 minute mark. Smith had a poor game and the midfield pairing didn't work on Saturday.  Unlike some I didn't think Loft had a bad first 60 minutes. First 3 or 4 outings I thought he was poor. He won a lot of headers and I think Garrity would have picked some of the second balls up as a 10. 

Ripley

Debrah Lowe Lacovitti 

Massey Sang Devine Grant

Chisslet Garrity

Loft

I was tempted to go for a Chisslet Walters pairing in central midfield,  as Walters Devine is incredibly inexperienced. Missing both Arblaster and Ojo is a big issue in that key area.

That gives the option of using Wilson as a 10, or as striker in the second half. 

Edited by JRC
Made a mistake
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, JRC said:

Very much doubt Wilson is fit enough for much more than 45 minutes. I'd keep him on the bench and bring him on at halftime or around the 60 minute mark. Smith had a poor game and the midfield pairing didn't work on Saturday.  Unlike some I didn't think Loft had a bad first 60 minutes. First 3 or 4 outings I thought he was poor. He won a lot of headers and I think Garrity would have picked some of the second balls up as a 10. 

Ripley

Debrah Lowe Lacovitti 

Garrity Sang Devine Grant

Chisslet Garrity

Loft

I was tempted to go for a Chisslet Walters pairing in central midfield,  as Walters Devine is incredibly inexperienced. Missing both Arblaster and Ojo is a big issue in that key area.

That gives the option of using Wilson as a 10, or as striker in the second half. 

Hope Garrity doesn't have too much Christmas dinner today 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, JRC said:

Ripley

Debrah Lowe Lacovitti 

Garrity Sang Devine Grant

Chisslet Garrity

Loft

He may do the work of 2 men but you can’t actually play Garrity in 2 positions.

After seeing the game sat and last tues here's my team .

We need more energy especially in wing back roles .

Ripley 

Debrah Lowe Icavetti (Jones)

Cass                                   Chislett

Walters Garrity 

Grant 

Dipepa Wilson 

Plenty of the right kind of movement there I'd tactically more chislett to Grants position and move Grant into a deep lying attacking midfielder role .

I'd bring Cass in from the cold as he is mega positive especially attacking with Debrah behind him there's every reason he could score or make goals for other team members 

Walters comes in and we move Lowe back to centre half .

No massey Sang or Smith for me generally do not have league 1 pace in right areas .

Outmanoevre them Vale come on 

Edited by Devine intervention

21 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

After seeing the game sat and last tues here's my team .

We need more energy especially in wing back roles .

Ripley 

Debrah Lowe Icavetti (Jones)

Cass                                   Chislett

Walters Garrity 

Grant 

Dipepa Wilson 

Plenty of the right kind of movement there I'd tactically more chislett to Grants position and move Grant into a deep lying attacking midfielder role .

I'd bring Cass in from the cold as he is mega positive especially attacking with Debrah behind him there's every reason he could score or make goals for other team members 

Walters comes in and we move Lowe back to centre half .

No massey Sang or Smith for me generally do not have league 1 pace in right areas .

Outmanoevre them Vale come on 

Have you got Grant & Chizzy in the wrong positions?

• Haha 1