onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Barnsley (H) match thread - Boxing Day

robf

Advert

9 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

After seeing the game sat and last tues here's my team .

We need more energy especially in wing back roles .

Ripley 

Debrah Lowe Icavetti (Jones)

Cass                                   Chislett

Walters Garrity 

Grant 

Dipepa Wilson 

Plenty of the right kind of movement there I'd tactically more chislett to Grants position and move Grant into a deep lying attacking midfielder role .

I'd bring Cass in from the cold as he is mega positive especially attacking with Debrah behind him there's every reason he could score or make goals for other team members 

Walters comes in and we move Lowe back to centre half .

No massey Sang or Smith for me generally do not have league 1 pace in right areas .

Outmanoevre them Vale come on 

No Devine - Doesn't that mean you're contractually obliged to change your user name?

Salt and Dipepa?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Warren said:

This is the squad and manager's big opportunity for redemption. Barnsley won that game through bad mistakes, giving up and new players not well integrated. I think the soft pre season didn't help. But they're not that good and if we turn up with a sensible team they can be beaten. A sensible team isn't 7 defenders with 3 playing out of position. 

They have an excellent away record and need to be treated with respect. 

1 hour ago, The French Connection said:

They have an excellent away record and need to be treated with respect. 

this is a difficult game against an on form team and currently we aren’t beating sides and the game against Middlesbrough we didn’t turn and we scratched a draw on Saturday and Cole is a very good player and they have a workmanlike midfield and without Ojo we need to bring back Conlon and need to have a positive attack minded attitude which Crosby never plays but I am glad Willo is back and hope Uzu can help but this a tough game against a team looking for promotion and I will be there to shout support as usual 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JRC said:

I'm a massive Smith fan but he's suffering from the curse of being our captain right now. He's not played well for 3 or 4 games.  

He did fine against Wycombe. Only problem was his constant diving around which was getting on my wick. But he wasn’t at fault for a goal unlike Lowe and Balmer have been recently.

Edited by Powerline

3 hours ago, EricHamesis said:

No Devine - Doesn't that mean you're contractually obliged to change your user name?

Salt and Dipepa?

Oh yeah I forgot my namesake Devine .

He defo plays so instead of Grant Devine in that run quickly at the opposition position what Garrity fills and plays so well but because of injuries he as to move back as he will put challenges in and do a fine job .

Could always bring Conlon in he as ability but as struggled at this level , he should be fresh as he ain't started any league match ,he as that ability to play a eye through the needle but I wouldn't have him.anywhere near our back line players mesen 

Soon be matchday so let's get behind whoevers chosen .

UT

Take a 1-0 win but how nice would a comfortable revenge victory be after that opening day spanking! I'd go... 

Ripley

Debrah     Lowe       Yak

Massey        Sang        Garrity        Grant

Devine           Chislet

Willo

2-0 Vale... Wilson & Chislet 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Vtid said:

Take a 1-0 win but how nice would a comfortable revenge victory be after that opening day spanking! I'd go... 

Ripley

Devine           Chislet

Willo

Got to be this at kick off! 

Assuming Ojo's injury rules him out.

• Like 1

A chance to move up to halfway in the league.

I would like to see Sang in the middle alongside Garrity. I feel MF is where the game will be won and lost and we need to stop service to their front 2.

Wilson and DiPepa give us options up front.

Ripley

Yak,Smith Debrah

Massey Grant,Sang,Garrity,

Alfie,Chizzy,Loft

5 hours ago, Vtid said:

Ripley

Devine           Chislet

Willo

Like that line up mate 😁😁

Your problem however is trying to put players in their best positions - Itll never work 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4