onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter C (A) Match thread 9th Dec

Fosse69

Two poor teams I. Atrocious conditions but a win is a win after so long without one.  The one thing that annoys me with Crosby is he just moves personal around in the same system, you can play a possession based game using different systems.  It would not be as bad if he tried different systems to get us scoring.

Advert

On 07/12/2023 at 19:55, CambridgeDon said:

Goal-centic yoga where they sit in the lotus position and visualise the ball going into the net. Pity is no one can remember what it looks like it's been so few and far between. You heard it here first 😀

Actually - several times seen Thomas Frank playing with what looked like a teacher's aid...working out how best to change things to neutralise the opposition, or how to set up to create more? If it works for a decent manager in the Premier :League, it works for me!

On 07/12/2023 at 20:14, CambridgeDon said:

Well, Watford are notorious for sacking managers on a bad run and despite everything are in the Championship. In fact in 2014-15, they had four managers and still managed to finish second, gaining promotion to the Premiership. I wouldn't want that sort of turbulence but there comes a point where you have to act.

And that's where we are now. 

Not seriously advocating the Watford model that has seen them get through several managers AND lose their place in the Premier League??

1 hour ago, Packmoor_vale said:

I would say some of our fans moaning non stop on social media,booing at home matches,clapping ex managers then booing there own etc is doing much more damage 

Think that’s a bit off the mark. What’s wrong with complaining on social media (as long as the players/staff aren’t being tagged) - we’ve been absolute <ovf censored>, what do people expect? I don’t boo at home games but can you blame people after Cheltenham? And why would you not clap Clarke after what he did for us

7 minutes ago, Warren said:

Let's put the facts on the table. 

Ex 12 shots, 5 on target. No goals. 

PV 12 shots, 3 on target, 1 goal. 

Those stats don't seem to suggest the battering that some on here are claiming.

The conditions looked horrible, I don't think that it was a day for playing sparkling football.  From what I saw the effort was there, which was always going to be key today, and we created a good few opportunities ourselves.

We will have to see what the next few weeks brings, but I will do my very best to enjoy the result.

57 minutes ago, smithie said:

Not fair - they're Vale through and through,  and nothing will stop them listening to the Boro game on the radio at home.

So apparently anyone who complains doesn’t go to games? I have a season ticket and been to about 8 away games too. I live out of the area and it’s usually a 3 hour round trip for home games. And I’ve complained because I think we are entitled to better than the absolute <ovf censored> we’ve been treated to for the past 3 months.

Right just on way back from Stafford and seen the result - efff u doom mongers 6 points clear of relegation with better goal diffffffffff 👍🤣👍😍😍😍👅👅👅👅🖕🖕🖕🖕

Now if someone could kindly point me towards biddylph it would really be appreciated 👍👍😁 

2 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Think that’s a bit off the mark. What’s wrong with complaining on social media (as long as the players/staff aren’t being tagged) - we’ve been absolute <ovf censored>, what do people expect? I don’t boo at home games but can you blame people after Cheltenham? And why would you not clap Clarke after what he did for us

I would clap Clarke 👏what I would not do is boo Crosby minutes later 

Don’t take it personally but some of the stuff that’s wrote mainly on Facebook is ridiculous including comments about carols son that was wrote on here that I read 

I don’t boo at home games either 👍 but some boo Crosby’s subs mainly ones involving Massey so thats bang on the mark I think 

1 hour ago, Valiiant said:

It's (some) Vale fans that keep the club down in the doldrums. Happy to accept the absolute minimum anyone should require from professional footballers, which is a bit of effort. 

Problem is the other sides do the same thing!

Archived