onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter C (A) Match thread 9th Dec

Fosse69

A question for you Jacko .
What did AC do to stop Sweeney being effective during that second half .
He did nothing  
We take the win yesterday but I hugely dissatisfied with how slow he was to react to the game and what was occurring. 
On another day his lack of football knowledge as a manager will cost us .
Yesterday was not good I haven't said that often but I can see why we lose games regularly .
Do you need play 3 at the back if opposition have 1 forwards .
No you don't he left us wide open to lose players marking no one and Exeter fluidity passing ball around us easily .
In future he got away with one yesterday and I'm delighted we won but if I watched the game back again today I'd still be annoyed that he Crosby lost the tactical battle with Caudwell and instead of Vale putting 3/4 past them we were hanging on till the lively Bipeda came on he gave us legs and energy for last bit .
Uche was fantastic I thought .
All of their attacks on the extended highlights come from us giving away possession and most of them attacking down the left, where Exeter pin pointed we are weak.
I understand what your saying mate, but on the pitch it's the endless individual errors and getting possession and instantly giving it back to them that causes us the most problems.That's not really down to a manager, that's down to the players on the pitch.

Advert

12 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

He did nothing  

We take the win yesterday but I hugely dissatisfied with how slow he was to react to the game and what was occurring. 

Yesterday was not good I haven't said that often but I can see why we lose games regularly .

No you don't he left us wide open to lose players marking no one and Exeter fluidity passing ball around us easily .

In future he got away with one yesterday and I'm delighted we won but if I watched the game back again today I'd still be annoyed that he Crosby lost the tactical battle with Caudwell and instead of Vale putting 3/4 past them we were hanging on till the lively Bipeda came on he gave us legs and energy for last bit .

Sweeney wasn't effective for them, most of his crosses and corners were easily dealt with, Ripley caught a few and Nathan Smith and Debrah dealt with the rest. 

And it's Dipepa!!

11 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

He did nothing  

Can’t say I agree with Uche being fantastic 

he should have scored at least one yesterday.

His ball control is at best dodgy. If I was a defender would find him hard to play against physically but would be tempted to just let him have the ball because he won’t keep it for long 

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

I’d get rid of Wilson as quick as we can, but I’d say the same for our other 3 strikers as well, this season has been the worst in my memory for strikers we have signed, just says it all when we Crosby decided to not start with any strikers yesterday even though 2 were fit. 2 goals from the 3 of them all season, it’s not hard to see where we need to strengthen.

I can’t agree with the Wilson comment. He’s the only forward we have who looks like he can get 10 goals. He’s close to returning so unless we are going to sign three other quality forwards in January - which we certainly won’t - he is going to be much needed in the run in.

19 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

I can’t agree with the Wilson comment. He’s the only forward we have who looks like he can get 10 goals. He’s close to returning so unless we are going to sign three other quality forwards in January - which we certainly won’t - he is going to be much needed in the run in.

Wilson is a decent player at L1 level when fully fit but when he does return it won’t be long before he’s injured again 

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Bit for a daft comment that. Most teams would lose if it wasn’t for the fact they had a goalkeeper. 

Think its fair to say that Ripley is significantly better than some of our recent goalies and thank goodness he is. Some may say just doing his job, which is true. Pity our strikers arent doing likewise, so its not a given.

8 minutes ago, dun 4 said:

Maybe it should be you. He tells me Shrews rarely got out of their own half.

Think that's false mate. We controlled possession with our tippy tappy going nowhere stuff but to say Shrewsbury rarely got out of their half is a downright lie from your friend. 

54 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

He will never get 10 goals for us in a season, he will never play enough games. 

Archived