onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale (FLT) v Newcastle Utd U21 match thread 10th Oct

Fosse69

Advert

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

We saw Uche on the car park before the game. Looked fine and said he was fine. 

maybe it's a case of we are down on numbers in the attacking options & uche is going to be the main striker? If that's the case AC may not want to risk him against an u21s side in case of more injuries. But then if he's not got any knocks & it's just match fitness i can't see why he wouldn't of been in the squad for the last league game 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

I don’t understand a lot of the comments on here complaining.

The game is nothing more than a competitive friendly giving a chance to  players not in the starting lineup a run out and see how our youngsters perform in front of fans giving them a platform to make the leap from academy to 1st team. 

And what a great bunch of youngsters we have. I have high hopes for Planty (playing 10) Walters looks like he could play Arblaster role when he’s developed a bit more physically, Shorrock has looked decent in these 2 games and Buah had a nice little cameo last night.

The future looks bright giving these youngsters s bit of experience.  If they can develop and learn that would allow us to make our playing budget stretch much much further. For example I would sell TC and replace him with Walters.

On separate note I watched Jesse interview last night and thought he came across extremely well. Another decent looking signing at this stage.

2 hours ago, Properman said:

We played Wilson,  who does'nt look fit(he is'nt now) please dont say Massey is a Striker. I bet them young castle lads were shitting it when they saw them two.

So your saying our strikers are <ovf censored> but on crosbys back for not playing any 

2 hours ago, Vtid said:

some of this fan base! 9th in the league & a chance to make history & getting into the quarters of the league cup for the first time ever & got muppets saying AC has until end of October 😂😂😂 unbelievable! 

It is being realistic, we are 9th and dropping like a stone. How goals in how many matches???? We have less firepower than a fan ee fart. We will not beat Mansfield, if you think we have a chance then I think you are in cuckoo land. I seriously hope I am wrong.

Most of our wins were lucky, Our defeats have been due to being totally outplayed.

51 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

So your saying our strikers are <ovf censored> but on crosbys back for not playing any 

I'm on his back for signing strickers who are no where near fit, so we only have Wilson available. I think we all knew he would soon be out injured. So even if they were fit no saying he would play them.

2 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

From Andy Crosby comments about looking forward to the International weekend break, I think we can take it that it's now definitely off!

Yes it is. The website and Sky both had it back up and on. Which I relied upon. The club's website is being ineptly run in multiple respects including not having complete information about the club's teams. 

I've a little bit had enough of Port Vale and casually cancelling games and moving to Tuesday. I've got a season ticket but I will factor in what's going on into my decision to renew next season. It takes a lot of effort to get to Vale Park including train disruption. Right now I'm annoyed as you might gather. 

43 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

It is being realistic, we are 9th and dropping like a stone. How goals in how many matches???? We have less firepower than a fan ee fart. We will not beat Mansfield, if you think we have a chance then I think you are in cuckoo land. I seriously hope I am wrong.

Most of our wins were lucky, Our defeats have been due to being totally outplayed.

Giving Crosby until the end of October is realistic! 😂😂😂 give over.. we're punching above our weight maybe & yes the lack of goals is really worrying but i'm sure most genuine fans expected us to be lower end of the table by now anyways & out of all the cups. Stop being so bloody negative & enjoy what's happening for the time being! I expect us to drop down the table & will be happy with mid table this season. What you expecting????? Playoffs 🤔 what more does AC have to do in order for moronic fans like you not calling for his head because we're top half & doing ok 🤦🏼‍♂️ Oh & a wins a win who gives a fook as long as we get those 3 points on a Saturday. If we win & the other team loses how is that lucky. You mean we have won games without being brilliant right? Give your head a wobble we're all Port Vale aren't we 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

You are right ,mid table for me is success this year, what is worrying is our current form and lack of goals. For me midfield goals are the make the difference goals and not the main source of your goals that comes from strikers . Yes they are expensive but so is Christmas and like the start of the football season you know its coming and when it is.  Santa will arrive at our house in December, no use coming in February.

1 hour ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Being realistic, most of our wins weren’t lucky and our defeats not all due to simply being outplayed.  Fair to say you’re not being realistic?

I don't know about spending the free time working on fitness. I think we desperately need to spend as much time as possible working on shooting and that final pass. We are so toothless anyone would think we've been brushing out teeth with tarmac and bird <ovf censored> since childhood.

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Yes it is. The website and Sky both had it back up and on. Which I relied upon. The club's website is being ineptly run in multiple respects including not having complete information about the club's teams. 

I've a little bit had enough of Port Vale and casually cancelling games and moving to Tuesday. I've got a season ticket but I will factor in what's going on into my decision to renew next season. It takes a lot of effort to get to Vale Park including train disruption. Right now I'm annoyed as you might gather. 

Hi Warren i have been a season ticket holder i then went to the flexi ticket because of health reasons so don't do all the night games this season i have taken out the membership 1876+ card  would this not suit you better than a season ticket i no u want to put money in to vale.

With Wilson up top we looked lively, usual Vale created plenty no killer touch but got the goal, by the point Newcastle equalised we had a youth team attack on but great to see them get minutes, Brazier got a couple of good balls in and the debutant up front Buah looked lively. Dipepa maybe didn't get as much joy but worked hard.

Newcastle were a bit over the top with the challenges and a huge blow to lose Wilson and leaves us just Thomas potentially for the foreseeable.

Hopefully its one like the Wycombe game which looked bad but he was back within a fortnight and not the Wednesday game where he was gone for the longest 2 weeks in history.

Chislett was decent, Leutwiller and Debrah looked very shakey and nervous, Massey worked hard and Clarke had a decent game.

Garrity was Garrity and I thought Lowe was solid at the back and very composed.

Archived