onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale (FLT) v Newcastle Utd U21 match thread 10th Oct

Fosse69

6 minutes ago, Vtid said:

playing conlon who's coming back from a bad injury would of been more risky in my opinion, he's clearly not ready just yet or he would of made the bench maybe. Same for uche whos obviously lacking match fitness & loft is injured. Why risk uche when he's probably now our only option once he does get his fitness up alongside an inexperienced & raw thomas. But i agree with your point that likes of chislet & garrity could have been rested or played 45 mins instead of the full 90. 10 days till our next game so that played a part in crosbys selection i think too 👍🏻 

Well this is the point. Sky and the PV website both now say the game v Bristol Rovers is going ahead on Saturday. I can get Chislet needed a game though. 

Advert

2 minutes ago, Warren said:

Well this is the point. Sky and the PV website both now say the game v Bristol Rovers is going ahead on Saturday. I can get Chislet needed a game though. 

yeah true probably 45 mins like the previous person emile said would of been about right. Bristol Rovers Saturday? you mean fleetwood mate? 

8 hours ago, andy jones said:

Couple of points from tonight.

Never known a group of players to be so frightened of taking a shot at goal. Have they never heard of Rick O'Shay.

Finally, about 80 Newcastle fans made the long trek fown. So how disrespectful of Newcastle skipper after winning the toss to choose which end to take the pens from chose the empty Hamil End when Newcastle fans were in the Bycars!

Bentilee isn’t a long trek David.🤔😉

10 minutes ago, smithie said:

Thank God you're nowhere near the boardroom then.   

some of this fan base! 9th in the league & a chance to make history & getting into the quarters of the league cup for the first time ever & got muppets saying AC has until end of October 😂😂😂 unbelievable! 

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Well it got announced. I cancelled my train. But Feetwood has now reappeared as on in the Sky listing. Also game on as per the Port Vale website. I'm confused. 

From Andy Crosby comments about looking forward to the International weekend break, I think we can take it that it's now definitely off!

Thought Conlon was on the grass well it had have been good opposition to ease him back in last night .

For a team who supposedly the fittest they have all ever being I don't see us over powering teams second halfs .

Next game Stevenage away who are doing extremely well we need some forwards options to get us going .

Players who do not perform now well hopefully when Clark(Cheltenham)does his ten out ten in manoeuvres he will come in for some of ours 

Our next home game is a tues night v Peterboro Crosby going have to really get a reaction out of his players get anything v that wily Ferguson .

Evans/Fergus next doesn't get any easier we cannot afford consecutive defeats v either so I'm expecting a almighty turn around in application committment and the ball going in there net and not ours 

UTV 

1 hour ago, Griffalo said:

Some reckless challenges going in from the Newcastle lads there could easily been a red card or 2 - apart from a minor reaction from Chislett our players did well to keep their cool 

Reckless is the word. Five bookings yet that little youth Diallo, who committed four nasty challenges, escaped. I think the ref took pity on him because he’s smaller than me!!  Vale were lucky not to get more injuries. 

To be honest you can tell Newcastle have money bet they have the cream of the under 21s .

They were extremely physical for young lads and be honest with you yes some challenges were poor but it's better than not putting a challenge in so if I've come down watch that I'd be delighted with there youngsters committment .

We didn't win and at no point did they make it easy I don't see our team doing that maybe we just too soft certainly seems it to me 

UTV 

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Couldn’t ton conlon have played instead of Chislet or BG?

Couldn't Uche and or Loft have played 30 mins? 

Can’t help but feel we have taken a couple of risks in this game that we didn’t need to.

Uche is one that puzzles me. You are a striker who becomes a free agent over the Summer with one assumes the intention of finding another club . Therefore you may miss that clubs pre season but you can still keep yourself fit , why wouldnt you. Also can remember players in a similar situation just training with us  to keep that core fitness. OK you still may not be match  sharp as you only get that by playing matches. Hadnt heard that Uche had been injured so one therefore assumes the bleedingly obvious wasnt bleedingly obvious enough for him. Last night, however would have been a good run out towards getting match sharp, even if only for 20 mins.

Archived