onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale (FLT) v Newcastle Utd U21 match thread 10th Oct

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Warren said:

We've taken some risks with the strikers coming in needing to get match fit. Also by way of resigning Wilson. But the challenge with signing strikers / forwards at our level is a big one since they are expensive and have a high risk of failure. 

I don't think we have any issues re the pitch. At least pre deepest Winter. Excuses left, well it's alleged the floodlights have become too bright. 

Joking apart, football seems to be a highly intense, demanding sport, with players monitored in order to get the most out of them. They are pushed to their limits.

Add this to attempting to utilise the data on player's minutes, then there are many reasons for players not appearing.

In the past, players were expected to play through injuries, I don't know whether that still happens, but if it does, I assume that it is a more calculated risk.

Judging by Crossers reaction on Tuesday night, I think Willo was the victim of over zealous tackling.

I guess another factor is that once a player has an injury, this affects all parts of their body and general fitness, thus they can become injury prone.

Strikes me that you could write a thesis on this very topic. And no doubt it's been done many times over.

Nothing is as simple as it seems.

Advert

3 hours ago, osprey said:

Are we still blaming the pitch for injuries this year ? 

Very interesting comment, it was going to be the answer to all our prayers wasnt it. Having seen the Vale play on truly awful pitches in the past with fewer injuries I have tended to favour the viewpoint that we sign more players with fragile injury records or players returning from serious injury. We know what type and quality of player we want but struggle to buy the real deal so instead buy the dented tin or the one without a label and hope for the best.

I saw it and my professional knowledge as a podiatrist with an MSC it looked like a high grade, possibly a level 4 ACL and if that’s the case HE will have a really extensive recovery and probably won’t play again this season but for his personal sake, I hope I am wrong

Crosby did say Willo had a calf injury.

5 hours ago, Raveninblack said:

I saw it and my professional knowledge as a podiatrist with an MSC it looked like a high grade, possibly a level 4 ACL and if that’s the case HE will have a really extensive recovery and probably won’t play again this season but for his personal sake, I hope I am wrong

According to bobby dazzler it was only a sprain & he'll be back in a week or two 🙄 anyone with common sense could see by his reaction it was not good at all. Enough for me to say without knowing the full extent of his injury that we won't see him in a Vale shirt ever again. I stand by my words & i'm sure we will get some news from the club soon 👍🏻 

Injuries are part of football shame for the lad really .

The thing is most fans who do not attend these games will ask is should Chislett Clark and Wilson have being used in this game .

After the game you would have to say No they shouldn't have been but I'm.sure Crosby wasn't to know that Newcastle be fired up and not wanting give Vale anything whatsoever and be kicking us generally any chance they could .

To me thats tge most impressive thing about there young ones Stoke come and were good on the ball but generally weak as Liverpool the same there kids but Newcastle were surprisingly Competitive ok some folk not be happy about that but when your playing a team who should beat you by 3 /4 clear goals you have to play to your strengths and not allow that happen .

I don't sense Vale could do that to anyone at times you wonder if there's anyone in Vales squad who possesses the ability to tackle and get under the oppositions and irritate them even Smith only does it occassionally.

We are too nice thats my opinion  of team so far this season .

We need a lot more nastiness about us beat the likes of Stevenage and Peterborough 

UTV 

24 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

The thing is most fans who do not attend these games will ask is should Chislett Clark and Wilson have being used in this game .

After the game you would have to say No they shouldn't have been but I'm.sure Crosby wasn't to know that Newcastle be fired up and not wanting give Vale anything whatsoever and be kicking us generally any chance they could .

To me thats tge most impressive thing about there young ones Stoke come and were good on the ball but generally weak as Liverpool the same there kids but Newcastle were surprisingly Competitive ok some folk not be happy about that but when your playing a team who should beat you by 3 /4 clear goals you have to play to your strengths and not allow that happen .

I don't sense Vale could do that to anyone at times you wonder if there's anyone in Vales squad who possesses the ability to tackle and get under the oppositions and irritate them even Smith only does it occassionally.

We need a lot more nastiness about us beat the likes of Stevenage and Peterborough 

UTV 

So we need more players like Smith? 

1 hour ago, Devine intervention said:

UTV 

To me the Newcastle team contained too many ratters and scrappers and not many, if any, players good on the ball who wanted to improve their skills. I doubt any of that Newcastle team, apart from one or two of the defenders,  will play in the PL or the Championship as their skill levels aren't good enough.

Vale's youngsters looked more skillful on the ball than theirs.

1 hour ago, WV said:

So we need more players like Smith? 

No too slow and cumbersome but defo could do with his dark arts in the  better players we have .

All I know is i never get the impression watching us that we do not  have the tenacity in the midfield and forward areas to really upset the opposition teams and I think you need it throughout the team .

In the 90s we had Aspin but had fighters like Porter/Bogie  in midfield in 2013 we had Mccombe and battlers like Loft/Morsy  in midfield .

In 2021 we had quality throughout but still at back were suspect but managed have the likes of Hall Gibbo, Pett and Garrity midfield know we seem to not have enough I don't feel we have much at all as it's a higher level of football .

Footballing wise we are good but got do the defensive side of game much better and win that ball in areas where we can hurt the  opposition

For  me needed sign the likes of Raggett from Portsmouth for me and a midfield enforcer .

UTV 

On 11/10/2023 at 21:41, MelbourneValiant said:

It is being realistic, we are 9th and dropping like a stone. How goals in how many matches???? We have less firepower than a fan ee fart. We will not beat Mansfield, if you think we have a chance then I think you are in cuckoo land. I seriously hope I am wrong.

Most of our wins were lucky, Our defeats have been due to being totally outplayed.

On 11/10/2023 at 22:21, Vtid said:

Giving Crosby until the end of October is realistic! 😂😂😂 give over.. we're punching above our weight maybe & yes the lack of goals is really worrying but i'm sure most genuine fans expected us to be lower end of the table by now anyways & out of all the cups. Stop being so bloody negative & enjoy what's happening for the time being! I expect us to drop down the table & will be happy with mid table this season. What you expecting????? Playoffs 🤔 what more does AC have to do in order for moronic fans like you not calling for his head because we're top half & doing ok 🤦🏼‍♂️ Oh & a wins a win who gives a fook as long as we get those 3 points on a Saturday. If we win & the other team loses how is that lucky. You mean we have won games without being brilliant right? Give your head a wobble we're all Port Vale aren't we 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Notts Co 1 - 4 Mansfield......Yet I am laughed at with deluded emoticons. OK. Why can't anybody see that our form is relegation form due to stupid tactics and bad managerial decisions. I was laughed out of town when I called for Askey's head after a defeat at Newport, I was laughed at when I said Askey has sealed Hartlepool's relegation, I am being laughed at now but not even calling for Crosby's head....yet I said he has until the end of October to turn it around, winnable games. If we lose them all then that is no better than Clarke's record.

Archived