onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Online ticketing

Jacko51

Advert

Further website Fail for Crwho double - Buying both tickets on concession (I'm 62) and so I put both in the basket and went to pay. £12 pops up when it should be £10. I can only put the league cup game in my Google wallet and i have to print off the receipt to get the second game. When printed over two pages it cuts the code square into two halves. So now I'm going to have to get the pdf on my email confirmation and edit it so that I can get the code whole on the print out. FFS Vale! Small beer some may say. shut up and get on with it. It's just one thing after another this year. I paid to have my ST delivered yet they didn't. It was in the ticket office! So I went down there and got it. They did a refund of my £2.50 then four days later they took it back off me according to my bank transactions. Whats next??

It beggars belief that Vale make buying tickets for games complicated time and time and time again. 

I want to go in the Railway, where I always sit, so I'll hang fire until the Lorne Street and Hamil are full. As a result, there's ten tickets that me and my family and friends are not purchasing at this stage. We'd have bought ten tickets today if they were available in the Railway Stand. (The two ticket option for both Crwho games)

It's unlikely that the stand will be open anyway, so we'll hopefully end up in the Railway Paddock, at the back.

If I don't end up in the Railway next Tuesday, I won't be buying tickets for the other game, because I'll be annoyed. That will be my small protest. 

I understand the policy for the smaller cup competition, and I haven't got an issue with going in the Hamil for that one, but next Tuesday should be billed as a big game, a local Derby, and a decent chance to get a money-spinning round 3 draw. 

The mentality of the ticketing policy devalues the game, the competition, the occasion. It makes no sense whatsoever. Puddled, whoever made this decision! 

46 minutes ago, JAMO-IN-MEXICO said:

Further website Fail for Crwho double - Buying both tickets on concession (I'm 62) and so I put both in the basket and went to pay. £12 pops up when it should be £10. I can only put the league cup game in my Google wallet and i have to print off the receipt to get the second game. When printed over two pages it cuts the code square into two halves. So now I'm going to have to get the pdf on my email confirmation and edit it so that I can get the code whole on the print out. FFS Vale! Small beer some may say. shut up and get on with it. It's just one thing after another this year. I paid to have my ST delivered yet they didn't. It was in the ticket office! So I went down there and got it. They did a refund of my £2.50 then four days later they took it back off me according to my bank transactions. Whats next??

Don’t say anything anywhere about this.You and the others having issues with getting tickets will be accused of being moaners by the happy clappers.Even though you are right to raise the point.

49 minutes ago, valiant steve said:

It beggars belief that Vale make buying tickets for games complicated time and time and time again. 

I want to go in the Railway, where I always sit, so I'll hang fire until the Lorne Street and Hamil are full. As a result, there's ten tickets that me and my family and friends are not purchasing at this stage. We'd have bought ten tickets today if they were available in the Railway Stand. (The two ticket option for both Crwho games)

It's unlikely that the stand will be open anyway, so we'll hopefully end up in the Railway Paddock, at the back.

If I don't end up in the Railway next Tuesday, I won't be buying tickets for the other game, because I'll be annoyed. That will be my small protest. 

I understand the policy for the smaller cup competition, and I haven't got an issue with going in the Hamil for that one, but next Tuesday should be billed as a big game, a local Derby, and a decent chance to get a money-spinning round 3 draw. 

The mentality of the ticketing policy devalues the game, the competition, the occasion. It makes no sense whatsoever. Puddled, whoever made this decision! 

Good god 

I’m logging out 👋

17 minutes ago, melv said:

Don’t say anything anywhere about this.You and the others having issues with getting tickets will be accused of being moaners by the happy clappers.Even though you are right to raise the point.

Looking through your post history you haven't said a single positive thing on here for months, you only come on to moan, leaves you in no position to criticise people that are only positive

56 minutes ago, valiant steve said:

I reckon it's Flitcroft's fault

Ridiculous post Melv, why bring "Happy Clappers" into this, or is this just you having a dig ?
Jamo is right to bring up the issue and I hope he has passed on his concerns to the club.
Happy Clappers I'm sure are just as exasperated as anyone else at the apparent troubles with the ticket office but I believe things are changing, whether or not they change quickly enough and fast enough remains to be seen.
It's not ideal at the moment and certainly given past experience we should expect better, let's hope the Club are moving mountains to rectify things ASAP.

I had issues buying online for the Hamil. It wouldn't let me get a concession ticket for my daughter. Went the shop, sorted now, the lady said site is having issues. Really hope we sort it out soon. Think I'm a "happy clapper" sometimes, but I was frustrated this morning. Shouldn't be so hard to spend money at the club. 

But 10 people refusing to go the game because the Railway isn't open. Surely not. Plenty of tickets still in the Lorne St with a side view, no reason not to go. As it goes though, with how many people were at the club earlier getting tickets for Crewe, it seems like there's plenty of interest. Can see us selling out the Lorne St and Hamil and opening up the Paddock anyway.

To clarify, I'm not refusing to go next Tuesday. I will be there wherever I can get tickets. 

BUT ten of us sit together in the Railway Stand and we should be able to purchase our own seats (season ticket seats) in our preferred stand for what should be a reasonably big game. 

The "other" game is (in the initial stages of that particular cup competition, for reasons that we are all aware of) not a big game, so I'll be happy to go in the Hamil for that. 

Most people will, I would think, appreciate the point that I'm making about the game next Tuesday. 

I have emailed the club with my thoughts, but haven't received a response as yet. 

If people want to get upset, offended, log off, or whatever, when I feel I make a valid point about next week, that's their prerogative. I'm just exasperated that what should be a reasonable second round draw in a cup we normally get knocked out of in R1 has been (in my opinion) belittled by our club. 

It could be seen by some as embarrassing that the club don't think we can sell enough tickets for a derby game against Crwho to justify opening our whole stadium. 

I wonder what the football team selection, tactics and general approach will be to this match? 

I was really pleased with this draw for the second round. It's a big deal to supporters. I hope the club take it as seriously as we do. 

2 hours ago, JAMO-IN-MEXICO said:

If you’ve used a tablet/computer, taking a photo of the QR code with your phone then showing the picture to the scanner can work I think.  Bit of a faff but I don’t have a printer and for a couple of games last year I couldn’t get the code to upload in to Apple wallet so tried the photo approach it and it worked.

Archived