onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Online ticketing

Jacko51

I'd delete that immediately, if someone screenshots it and rocks up before you do they could get in on your ticket and you'd be locked outside with a "ticket already scanned" error displayed to the stewards. It happened to somoene going to one of the play off games or summat at Wembley and went viral on social media.
Didn't even think of that Doha (I'm too innocent to even have such a thought). Thanks.

Advert

9 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Small, minute quibble, but why have they got rid of printing actual tickets for the games? You now get essentially a receipt with a QR code on it. Mine almost went in the bin!

Like everything these days they'll be wanting to go digital as much as possible. Cost savings, reduce carbon footprint etc. Which is all well and good, if the digital option works properly. 

Today's whinge. Collecting tickets has now become a chore. I've ordered tickets for Oxford and with the demise of the ticket office have to collect the tickets from the all in one, do everything counter in the Club Shop. The queue on Saturday was huge, snaking from the counter to front door. I didn't bother joining it so will go a bit earlier tonight to collect. I know why they have done it (Cost cutting and the old supermarket trick of tempting people to impulse buy) but it is annoying when previously it was quick and easy. They've also got rid of the postage option for some reason and I don't live local and work in the week so an extra trip up ain't happening.  I'm all in favour of the club moving forward and dragging ourselves into the digital age but we do seem to be trying to run before we can walk when it comes to some issues.

49 minutes ago, Smugsy said:

Today's whinge. Collecting tickets has now become a chore. I've ordered tickets for Oxford and with the demise of the ticket office have to collect the tickets from the all in one, do everything counter in the Club Shop. The queue on Saturday was huge, snaking from the counter to front door. I didn't bother joining it so will go a bit earlier tonight to collect. I know why they have done it (Cost cutting and the old supermarket trick of tempting people to impulse buy) but it is annoying when previously it was quick and easy. They've also got rid of the postage option for some reason and I don't live local and work in the week so an extra trip up ain't happening.  I'm all in favour of the club moving forward and dragging ourselves into the digital age but we do seem to be trying to run before we can walk when it comes to some issues.

I thhink that they'll just see it as 'you can collect from the away ground on the day of the game so what's the problem' unless of course they tweek things.  Rather not be doing that myself though.  As for the impusle buy thing whenever I went upto the TO to collect I always had a wander around the shop and more often than not picked up some tat or other.

10 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:

I thhink that they'll just see it as 'you can collect from the away ground on the day of the game so what's the problem' unless of course they tweek things.  Rather not be doing that myself though.  As for the impusle buy thing whenever I went upto the TO to collect I always had a wander around the shop and more often than not picked up some tat or other.

I would think the 'impulse buy' element has gone. I wanted something last week but due to the queues, I didn't bother.

2 hours ago, Smugsy said:

Unless you get there early there’s usually a queue if you collect tickets on a Saturday when there’s a home fixture.  Nothings changed on that score.

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Unless you get there early there’s usually a queue if you collect tickets on a Saturday when there’s a home fixture.  Nothings changed on that score.

Yeah but that queue used to be at most from the inside ticket office window to the door. It's now from the door and snakes around the whole of the shop.

1 hour ago, NellyTheValiant said:

I'm the same. I don't trust football clubs enough to do that. Concerts are fine  but when it comes to football I want a ticket in my hand before I set off

Just as the Banks’ are leaving the high street so the Vale are trying to get everyone to go digital via online.

those that cannot comply then go to the shop and hopefully although it will take time the queue in the shop should become more manageable once the majority have bought online.

of course take off those that are already season ticket holders and the need for ticket office staff becomes redundant. Shop staff should then cope.

just like the govt trying to force people to buy electric cars.

3 minutes ago, Smugsy said:

Yeah but that queue used to be at most from the inside ticket office window to the door. It's now from the door and snakes around the whole of the shop.

You must’ve got there a lot earlier than me then.  It’s usually been around the corner past the shop entrance when I’ve been up on a match day.  I’ve gone up on a Friday afternoon and still had to queue outside the club shop on numerous occasions.  Basically the online sales need to be painless, the take up increase and then queues for physical tickets should reduce.

Yesterday and today I was undecided whether to attend tonight’s game. I’ve looked at areas available in the ground and when clicking on a green area it won’t progress to available seats and just goes back to the previous page. I’m trying to do this on my phone, is anyone else having this problem. I’ve also noticed that you can now book tickets in advance when so far this season they’ve only been on sale fourteen or less days before the day of the game. Well done on this front.

4 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Yesterday and today I was undecided whether to attend tonight’s game. I’ve looked at areas available in the ground and when clicking on a green area it won’t progress to available seats and just goes back to the previous page. I’m trying to do this on my phone, is anyone else having this problem. I’ve also noticed that you can now book tickets in advance when so far this season they’ve only been on sale fourteen or less days before the day of the game. Well done on this front.

Worked for me. Lorne st is mot or less sold out but plenty in hamil

Archived