onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We Will Stay UP, Final positions

sheffield61

Advert

29 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, Micko said:
Looking at the remaining games and at the evidence of our performances, I think we may well go down. Cambridge, Oxford and MK Dons are all capable of getting 49 pts. Cambridge and Oxford may well do it at the expense of Accrington and they both have to play FGR too. Cheltenham and Burton both have another win in them.
I don’t see another win in our remaining fixtures. I did think that 2 draws might be enough but it won’t. The only thing that might save us if we could get one more win is our goal difference. Our goal difference is better than Cambridge, but that may take a hit on Tuesday. I hope I’m wrong, but I can’t see any evidence that we are capable of getting out of the free fall we are in and teams behind us and around us are  picking up points.
I think the Morecambe, Accrington are going down with FGR and we’ll be joining them. 

Oxford going down is our lifeline, but only a slim one. It is still in our own hands, but they are shakey.

Come on, you know it happens. Oxford's striker playing for Port Vale relegates them on the last day of the season. And not Oxford's goalkeeper playing for Port Vale with yet another clanger relegates us on the last day of the season. 

31 minutes ago, Warren said:

This is still in our hands because we have got the points advantage. I can't see how we get a result at Ipswich but I can see us getting 3-5 points from Bristol, Charlton and Plymouth. When the chips are down etc. 

you are far more optimistic than me 

might scrape a draw against Bristol but that’s about it I think 

Just now, osprey said:

you are far more optimistic than me 

might scrape a draw against Bristol but that’s about it I think 

Bristol are very beatable if we apply ourselves. I'm hoping Charlton are by then feeling they can try out their squad and Plymouth choke under the pressure. 

Our problem the last few games has been self destruction. Surely we can put that right. 

3 minutes ago, Warren said:

Bristol are very beatable if we apply ourselves. I'm hoping Charlton are by then feeling they can try out their squad and Plymouth choke under the pressure. 

Our problem the last few games has been self destruction. Surely we can put that right. 

The crux of the matter is your first sentence, ' applying ourselves ' .

The form since January 2nd is truly horrendous. The 2 wins since then were turgid scrapping games where we couldn't put the opposition away . 

Sadly I can only see 1 point from the remaining 4 games at most. 

Our renowned character and we are all in it together attitude has vanished. 

Whether we stay up or not ( I think we will just scrape in ) a complete new approach to next season is required. Another season of miserable showings, lack of commitment, very little actual skill and apparent " oh we are ok" attitudes  will drive away those fans attracted by the promotion, and who could blame them?

I am forever an optimist, even after 40 plus years of supporting the Vale and although I know full well the financial restraints on a Club like ours will always see us struggling to compete with the "big boys" we now have an infrastructure that many of us could only dream about in recent years. We have to be very patient and allow the Club to slowly progress in the correct manner for our future safety so if that means attempting to remain in Division 1 for a few more years then so be it.

Our future, on the pitch really has to be designed around willing, capable young stars that will guide us upwards and then be sold on to supplement the budget. Coupled with some hardened, seasoned, still capable players we could see our way to bringing back good times for all at Vale Park.

We got relegated first season Rudge took us up and we are building a statue of him. So we'd best start up the Clarke & flicker fund ready for theirs. We have been poor all season and teams have found us out just like the last time we were in league one. It's not the end of the world folks if go down it just feels like it at the minute.

We got relegated first season Rudge took us up and we are building a statue of him. So we'd best start up the Clarke & flicker fund ready for theirs. We have been poor all season and teams have found us out just like the last time we were in league one. It's not the end of the world folks if go down it just feels like it at the minute.
Don't feel like that in our house

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

19 minutes ago, dishydave said:

We were relegated once under Rudge but that was not a first season.

28 minutes ago, dishydave said:

It all feels so.. careless.

Careless and unnecessary.

We had a decent hand at the start of January but our football professionals have played it so abysmally and complacently in the months since. 

Archived