onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We Will Stay UP, Final positions

sheffield61

Advert

10 minutes ago, osprey said:

In Vales favour is that we are competing against 3 teams. 
Less likely that all 3 will pick up the required points to get ahead of us. 

I'm certainly more buoyant about things.

A huge plus and weight off shoulders was we didn't get mullered. To keep the goal difference on a par with Cambridge and MK Dons last night and one game less to tick off was massive. 

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I'm certainly more buoyant about things.

A huge plus and weight off shoulders was we didn't get mullered. To keep the goal difference on a par with Cambridge and MK Dons last night and one game less to tick off was massive. 

Agreed on that. Even after Ipswich scored their second last night it could easily have gone to pot and we could have collapsed late on but didn’t and you never know how important GD will be come the end of the season. 

Anyway optimistic hat on I think we will do what’s needed to be done on Saturday. Planty to score his first for the club too!

Has anyone seen the oxford stat where they have had 46 shots in the last 2 games but only scored 1.

I get the sense they are playing well but it's not falling for them.

Similar with cambridge. Lots of wycombe fans doing that classic 'we can be nice as we won thing' but saying cambridge too good to go down.

Reading the MK Dons post match stuff fans are really negative about the lack of fight.

I know this all changes game to game. Hopefully we pick up a point saturday and atleast 2 of oxford, cambridge or mk dons dont win.

2 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Has anyone seen the oxford stat where they have had 46 shots in the last 2 games but only scored 1.

I get the sense they are playing well but it's not falling for them.

Similar with cambridge. Lots of wycombe fans doing that classic 'we can be nice as we won thing' but saying cambridge too good to go down.

Reading the MK Dons post match stuff fans are really negative about the lack of fight.

I know this all changes game to game. Hopefully we pick up a point saturday and atleast 2 of oxford, cambridge or mk dons dont win.

That's the hope, Oxford can't score, look how lacklustre their attack was against us considering we'd conceded 5 against sides just below them days before.

So whilst they have a kind run in on paper they don't score enough so they may batter FGR and Accrington but not take chances, its the reason why despite a largely decent squad their lack of fire power has them on a 15 game winless run, could even end up with the crazy situation where Matty Taylor scores the crucial goal to keep us up and send them down (although surely if they came to a potential scenario against Argyle we wouldn't play him).

I too think we’ll be safe, but to limp over the line from being in such a strong position pre-Xmas is disturbing. Such a weak and uncertain finish (and potentially summer) won’t do anything for ST sales and fan enthusiasm. I fear there is more going on behind the scenes than we really know.

7 hours ago, Doha said:

None of this would even be a consideration had that rocket scientist not blown up for a penalty after the ball had already hit the net against Accrington. So infuriating.

Rocket scientist, interesting.

My description of him rhyme with 

1. Anchor

2. Gnat 

Forget everything since the start of the season:-
Our pre-Christmas form
Our post-Christmas form
Injuries
Suspensions
Decisions and Penalties given/not given
Poor refereeing decisions
Transfer window in January
Manager sacking

If before a ball had been kicked someone offered you this league position with these many points at this stage of the season I personally think most Vale fans would have taken it in the knowledge that league one status is in our hands.
It is so its upto us, 3 games to go, 9 points up for grabs.

Don't need to over-complicate things! Of the current bottom 4, only 1 can can equal our points - if they win their last 3 and we lose ours! Then they have  a 9-goal deficit to make up. One point makes us mathematically safe from an unlikely relegation.
FGR are relegated
Accrington P 43 / Pts 38 - max achievable 47 pts (we have  49)
Cambridge P 43 / Pts 40     "             "          49 pts (GD is 9 worse than ours)
Morecambe P 44 / Pts 41   "             "          47 pts
Would not matter if Oxford fail to win every match, 2 wins and a draw would only give them 48 points.
Accrington play Oxford and Cambridge so reducing chances of maximum points.

10 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
5 hours ago, LancyTony said:
Don't need to over-complicate things! Of the current bottom 4, only 1 can can equal our points - if they win their last 3 and we lose ours! Then they have  a 9-goal deficit to make up. One point makes us mathematically safe from an unlikely relegation.
FGR are relegated
Accrington P 43 / Pts 38 - max achievable 47 pts (we have  49)
Cambridge P 43 / Pts 40     "             "          49 pts (GD is 9 worse than ours)
Morecambe P 44 / Pts 41   "             "          47 pts

Would not matter if Oxford fail to win every match, 2 wins and a draw would only give them 48 points.

Correct and MK Don's need to win both (Barnsley H and Burton A)

Archived