onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We Will Stay UP, Final positions

sheffield61

26 minutes ago, Warren said:

We've confiscated Oxford's striker. One of the two players not trying is suspended and the other is hopefully dropped permanently. It would be a good idea to play a left footed player at leftback. Great news, we will play with a goalkeeper. Key tactic is to select players who want to play for Port Vale in their best positions. I actually think we have good players and particularly in attack. We need a goal and confidence will flood back and to do that we need to run and tackle! Learn from Nathan Smith.

The less of the ball Nathan smith sees of the ball will do me fine get on the front foot and have strikes on there goal instead of trying walk it in.Show some bloody passion for our club like our fans have done all season and many seasons before you even stepped onto vale park.When you get out of your car  and walk past the great man's statue stop look up and say i want to be a giant of a player for Port Vale just like you were Roy for all those years Monday is all that matters now go and do the job you are paid to do and our fans will back you to the hilt EFFORT,PASSION and Guts will get us the 3 points we need JUST DO IT.

Advert

Perhaps we should put what is left of last years promotion team in the starting line up and fill the gaps, with this seasons signings. Proc is probably in his last few games as a pro footballer, I’m sure he’d give it all he can, let’s get the ball out wide and cross it in.

Crucial we take all 3 points tomorrow if we are to survive make no mistake now we are in a relegation fight. 11 players who are willing to fight for our league 1 status need to be selected tomorrow if we do not win, we are in serious trouble as I can't see where we will pick up many more points with our run of fixtures.

2 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Facebook is full of "if we lose we are storming the main entrance and won't leave until we get change".

There maybe some on here that will be joining in. My question is, what will you chant?

Sack the board.  Carol Out. We want our club back. Sell the club?

There is a grey bearded guy from Coventry who might be interested in coming back !!

Be careful what you wish for....

Olly, I’m m not on FB but it’s ppl or so called fans like this that seriously make me feel like walking away from the game all together. I know it’s only the minority, but do they think the rest of us don’t care. Hopefully just frustrated individuals. 

I seriously doubt any actual Vale fans who attend games are on about 'storming the entrance'.

Most Vale fans seem cheesed off with the way the season has collapsed and want to see a few changes here and there to ensure next season doesn't continue the way this one is ending.

Let us not focus and magnify a few silly comments on Facebook and portray it to be representative of Vale fans. It's disingenuous and leads to the fan-bashing and fan-hating which a few on here have made a hobby out of. Most Vale fans are pretty moderate and just don't like winning 2 games out of 17.

22 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I don't think Chelsea have any relegation worries...

That's not the point of Jackos reply. Waving a magic wand does not work all the time when sacking a manager.

Leeds and Everton still deep in doo doo after a change.

Vale sacking now would be absolutely ridiculous and more likely to result in relegation. 

8 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

So according to fella on the book of Facebook Wonder of you you will not see Robinson or Massey .
Politic /stone start plus 9 others he was saying .
I'm actually forwards to seeing his wizardry .
He usually only gets a pozy amount of game time people may say because he ain't good enough id say he was and hope he proves me right .
Not sure I want see that back 3 again this season but because of lack of options that's what he probably goes with .
May as well play Proctor as we usually play a brand of long ball .
It's pretty hard choose a team.when so many have not played well at all .
I don't think any Vale fans going be storming the boardroom tomorrow but they got be careful the players have the hardcore will not put up with any more performances like 3 of the last 4 .
I remember some fans grabbing a few players around the neck years ago after waiting till they emerged from Dressing room after another woeful performance Danny Whittaker one of them .
So be men tomorrow and make people proud or else in grave danger of something erupting for sure ..
Vale fans are not the nicest but niceties have gone because the efforts just not been there .
It better be tomoz

I hope if something does “erupt” like you say that anyone grabbing players is banned for life. 

I completely understand why Clarke is trying to deflect the blame from the players on his interviews. He is stubborn with tactics and insists on picking certain players even though they've had enough chances...Massey is the first one who springs to mind. I'm not a fan of Ojo and his actions yesterday were beyond stupid.

However the players need to take responsibility too. Free headers at set pieces,weak tackles,poor goalkeeping. These "standards" Clarke refers to are simply basics. Instead of passing sideways,show some b*lls and have a shot. If you get battered 3-0 at Accie and lose at home against Cambridge,as a player you would expect a negative reaction. The best,and only way,to combat this,is to make sure you perform a lot better.

To summarize,I'd go with the tight knit squad from last season. Ojo is unavailable,I wouldn't pick Stevens or Taylor again,so go with..

Stone

Robinson Forrester Smith Benning 

Wozza Pett Conlon Politic

Wilson Proc

Subs: Donnelly Mipo Harrison Rory Butters Dekka Me/McDermott/Plant

I'd pick anyone bar Massey. If Garrity is fit,he comes in for Conlon and I drop from the bench

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

That's not the point of Jackos reply. Waving a magic wand does not work all the time when sacking a manager.

Leeds and Everton still deep in doo doo after a change.

Vale sacking now would be absolutely ridiculous and more likely to result in relegation. 

My thinking was that the new manager bounce might help us beat Oxford. 

Archived