CAMBRIDGE 1/5

ACCRINGTON 1/4

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

MKD.                11/4

OXFORD.           9/2

CHELTENHAM  20/1

PORT VALE.        28/1

Everyone calm down!!✓✓😂😂💯💯

So you are saying if I put a tenner on it I essentially get a heavily discounted season ticket next season?

Advert

10 minutes ago, valeblue said:

Can’t see a win Monday, players not bothered and DC can’t motivate them or change a match !!

I wonder if the last couple of match interviews were DCs "Conte" moments -

the first one slags the players, 

the second one slags the owners........................

would hate to lose DC, but flipping heck we are shocking

We've basically got a 4 game season now.

Forget any points against the top 2.

Oxford poor team. Lincoln average as average can be. Bristol Rovers poor 2nd half to the season perfect opponents. Charlton vastly improved since new manager and a different proposition to when we beat them in November. 

Wow squeaky bum time. 

3 more points will be enough I think but let’s get one on Monday at least and keep the gap with Oxford the same !

Last Day of the season Oxford play Accrington so let’s stay ahead of both of them.

I think the  current bottom 3 will go down and hopefully one of Oxford and Accrington.

2 hours ago, Hoppers said:

I wonder if the last couple of match interviews were DCs "Conte" moments -

the first one slags the players, 

the second one slags the owners........................

would hate to lose DC, but flipping heck we are shocking

Thats the worry for me.

I think we'll just about stay up but some serious reform needs to happen this summer. We can't kick the can down the road as we'll just get relegated next season.

Including:

- Flitcroft sacked, appoint a proper DoF/CEO with experience of the role and willing to work full-time. This is a real test of Carol. She needs to get it right. 'Flickers' record at Bury has some very concerning parallels to things he's done and said here...

- DC genuinely asked if he wants to be here, as he's not doing a very good job of showing it

- Review the 'process' which recruits players. Why has it fallen off a cliff in the last 18 months?

2 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I think we'll just about stay up but some serious reform needs to happen this summer. We can't kick the can down the road as we'll just get relegated next season.

Including:

- Flitcroft sacked, appoint a proper DoF/CEO with experience of the role and willing to work full-time. This is a real test of Carol. She needs to get it right. 'Flickers' record at Bury has some very concerning parallels to things he's done and said here...

- DC genuinely asked if he wants to be here, as he's not doing a very good job of showing it

- Review the 'process' which recruits players. Why has it fallen off a cliff in the last 18 months?

Not sure we even need a dof at league one level, I’m betting there’s only the likes of Derby, Ipswich and Wednesday that have one, and 2 of those will be in the championship next season.

4 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Not sure we even need a dof at league one level, I’m betting there’s only the likes of Derby, Ipswich and Wednesday that have one, and 2 of those will be in the championship next season.

I'm in favour of the model, but I'd prefer our DoF to:

a) have experience of the role, in some capacity

b) work a full week

c) go a full sentence without sound like David Brent

37 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Including:

Fair points. I’d just pick up on the last one.  I think it’s just the last 2 windows, summer and this Jan, the January one last season was OK.  My own impression is that our finances and maybe setting the bar too high last summer have done us.  The shortened window and not knowing which league we’d be in wouldn’t help.  Biggest failing for me is quality of the loan signings.  Terrible.

1 minute ago, JoeB2 said:

I'm in favour of the model, but I'd prefer our DoF to:

a) have experience of the role, in some capacity

b) work a full week

c) go a full sentence without sound like David Brent

Our DoF may be doing a tremendous job off the field, we don’t really know, but Carol obviously rates the guy.

Sadly our recruitment has, for whatever reasons, been quite clearly lacking since promotion, which naturally has bought the DoF role into the spotlight again.  Have to say though that non of your points should have much influence on that.  In the first instance someone has to identify a player that’s better than what we already have, get the nod from DC and get said player to sign.  In my view it’s mostly about money rather than David Brent or a one day week.  I will say that the type of “management speak” we’ve been hearing from certain individuals doesn’t cut much cloth in these parts but in all fairness as fans we can only judge by what’s on the pitch, because we haven’t got much idea about goings on behind the scenes on the playing side, apart from a few new job titles.  All of us right now would say that the evidence on the pitch speaks volumes, more so than some David Brentism.

Archived