onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We Will Stay UP, Final positions

sheffield61

Advert

1 hour ago, tommytunstall said:

Obviously you have it in for DC. It’s not all DC there are other problems as well, hence why the players are not performing 

I don't have it in for him, I just don't rate him as a League 1 manager. I think it would be optimistic to expect him to rebuild the squad successfully.

28 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I don't have it in for him, I just don't rate him as a League 1 manager. I think it would be optimistic to expect him to rebuild the squad successfully.

You didn’t rate him as a league two manager either. 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Look what happened at Southampton.  And Chelsea?

I agree. With Chelsea they have spent a big sum of money on high quality players. But they haven't got a top striker nor goal scoring midfield players. Southampton have followed a youth strategy and likely have a good side eventually but not now. 

The point is no manager can solve these problems this season. 

Anyway, last time Chelsea were in a mess they proceeded to win the Champions League! Roberto Di Matteo as temporary manager led the way. I stand ready to swallow my words. 

Overall I'm not upset with our manager and team. I would like to have more flexible systems of play. But when we came up I thought we would be where we are. We were doing better than expected and now we are doing worse than expected. So we need to dig in - please do that v Oxford. We do have enough to win this game. 

Can someone explain these odds for me?

How on Earth are we only 34/1 for relegation, given the form we're in?

image.png.925cea9e5c4b7072c2d7de2692894494.png

Morecombe and FGR are basically gone, but the other 2 slots are wide open, and we're in the 4th worst form!

image.thumb.png.7be2c6c050384cf329e110358ad3a36f.png

Is it just because the run in has the bottom 6 all playing each other, so they can't all pick up points needed to relegate us?

9 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Can someone explain these odds for me?

How on Earth are we only 34/1 for relegation, given the form we're in?

image.png.925cea9e5c4b7072c2d7de2692894494.png

Morecombe and FGR are basically gone, but the other 2 slots are wide open, and we're in the 4th worst form!

image.thumb.png.7be2c6c050384cf329e110358ad3a36f.png

Is it just because the run in has the bottom 6 all playing each other, so they can't all pick up points needed to relegate us?

This is all true, plus our relegation contenders have harder games than us today. We can take a lot of security from a win today. Plus Lincoln away next week is a 40-60 game and I am only giving Lincoln the edge because they are at home. Plus, we might have to play some top sides but they are under pressure to go up and we know what that can do to form. Everything is in our hands, but we need to put on the pitch battlers and we need our effort to go up not down. 

Finally the strength in our team is up front. Get the ball there by direct play. Do not try to play cultured football on a bad pitch. If we have more shots than the opposition we will score. 

For me this is the part of the season where we seem to see some weird results, ie a team seeking promotion or a play off place in good form getting turned over by someone fighting for their league survival, hopefully that will be us. Obviously want at least a point today and another five or six before the end is the season, but still believe at this stage we’ve got enough. We’ve been in this situation before, still not panic time yet. It’s the performances that annoy me.

KTF.

It's just very unlikely that a team makes 7 points up on us, we don't pick up any points in the next 6 games, and Burton, MK Dons, and Oxford all out-perform us.

As poor as we've been since January, and especially the last 2 games, it's just probably not going to happen. 

The important thing is that serious reform occurs as soon as we stay up, because if we sleepwalk into 23/24 like this then next season our relegation odds will be much shorter.

52 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

It's just very unlikely that a team makes 7 points up on us, we don't pick up any points in the next 6 games, and Burton, MK Dons, and Oxford all out-perform us.

As poor as we've been since January, and especially the last 2 games, it's just probably not going to happen. 

The important thing is that serious reform occurs as soon as we stay up, because if we sleepwalk into 23/24 like this then next season our relegation odds will be much shorter.

I think we need to build a side that can defend much better. The front end of our team is good enough. If that gets changed we are then creating a much higher level of uncertainty. 

18 hours ago, DazFred said:

I completely understand why Clarke is trying to deflect the blame from the players on his interviews. He is stubborn with tactics and insists on picking certain players even though they've had enough chances...Massey is the first one who springs to mind. I'm not a fan of Ojo and his actions yesterday were beyond stupid.

However the players need to take responsibility too. Free headers at set pieces,weak tackles,poor goalkeeping. These "standards" Clarke refers to are simply basics. Instead of passing sideways,show some b*lls and have a shot. If you get battered 3-0 at Accie and lose at home against Cambridge,as a player you would expect a negative reaction. The best,and only way,to combat this,is to make sure you perform a lot better.

To summarize,I'd go with the tight knit squad from last season. Ojo is unavailable,I wouldn't pick Stevens or Taylor again,so go with..

Stone

Robinson Forrester Smith Benning 

Wozza Pett Conlon Politic

Wilson Proc

Subs: Donnelly Mipo Harrison Rory Butters Dekka Me/McDermott/Plant

I'd pick anyone bar Massey. If Garrity is fit,he comes in for Conlon and I drop from the bench

Absolutely, Massey and Ojo should never play for the club again. I might not pick the same team as you but I am completely with you on Massey. 

43 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

New manager bounce isn’t a given though is it.

Lampard can't sort the fact Chelsea have no goal scorers. But on the otherhand Chelsea may win the Champions League. Who knows? Anything can happen in footie.

Archived