onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Milton Keynes D

Fosse69

7 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

One more win and will be safe cannot imagine the bottom 4 getting 47 points. Amazing that we are 7 points ahead of Oxford who are in real danger.

Hopefully we can all relax and enjoy the run-in starting next week at Fleetwood.

Would like them to go down. They (Oxford fans) were right twunts online after they beat us.

Advert

Pett is playing well. I wrote him off at the start of the season (after his first 6 or 7 appearances). I didn't think he'd cut it at his stage of his career in league 1 and looked off it until being given a run in the team recently. He's certainly showing his worth now. Maybe the lack of gametime in the first 25 matches of the season means he's fresher than most without the niggles? He'll continue to be a valuable asset whilst Conlon is out of form, McDermott is on loan (the future of our central midfield) and now that we've sent Walker and Charsley on their way's. 

Definite red but can't be a pen because the ball was not in play.
Maybe I don't understand the rules properly but why would a free kick not count as ball in play? For me not in play would be where the ball has left the pitch (corner, goal kick, throw in etc)

This could be another one of those "crossbar isn't on target" rules that I just don't get .

In order for us to go down we would have yo lose the next twelve which be a record in my 35 years supporting Vale. 3 more points should see us safe, however I think we are more likely to finish between 55-60 points. Any win is a good win, welcome 3pts. Pick off the minnows, we are safe.

We are now rated at less than 1% chance of relegation which is reassuring

PROJECTS.FIVETHIRTYEIGHT.COM

This is based on form/opponents left to play etc

5 hours ago, bobbymanc said:

Pett is playing well. I wrote him off at the start of the season (after his first 6 or 7 appearances). I didn't think he'd cut it at his stage of his career in league 1 and looked off it until being given a run in the team recently. He's certainly showing his worth now. Maybe the lack of gametime in the first 25 matches of the season means he's fresher than most without the niggles? He'll continue to be a valuable asset whilst Conlon is out of form, McDermott is on loan (the future of our central midfield) and now that we've sent Walker and Charsley on their way's. 

Think it’s more to do with playing more regularly and his confidence is up all this chopping and changing cannot help players unless they’re carrying slight knocks 

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

Maybe I don't understand the rules properly but why would a free kick not count as ball in play? For me not in play would be where the ball has left the pitch (corner, goal kick, throw in etc)

This could be another one of those "crossbar isn't on target" rules that I just don't get emoji23.png.

The free kick hadn’t been taken so the ball was “dead”. 

5 hours ago, bobbymanc said:

Pett is one of our most important players.

No one notices him until he's out of the team.

We play well with him in the side, and I think him and Ojo are the best partnership in that 'double pivot' Clarke likes.

1 hour ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Is that the rule? I remember in the 90's Dean Glover was sent off and Northampton I think it was were awarded a penalty. I am sure Vale were preparing for a free kick. Time fogs the memory though.

I saw Richard Rufus sent off at Newcastle while players were lining up for a corner but no pen. 

Ball is not in play until the free kick is taken or the ref blows his whistle. 

I remember when we played at Altrincham our big center defender who I can’t remember who it was slide tackled their player and got booked but no free kick because the ball had gone out for a throw already. He’d have been sent off these days but even though it was half a second after the ball had gone out it would still not be a free kick. 

I remember Lee Mills getting lamped right in front of us at the Manor Ground by Darren Purse just before a corner. Purse was sent off, Mills was taken off and no penalty was given because the corner hadn't been taken. Purse of course later joined us and played a crucial role in our promotion season of a few years back.

Someone told me yesterday that the reason we don't play Stevens is that we can't pay him and Taylor.

So what's the point of having him on the bench then? Silly rumours. Our so called fans only seem happy if they're spouting tripe 

Archived