onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Wycombe Wanderers

Fosse69

9 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

If anyone's wondering if the rumours are true, I heard it from a current member of staff today. Good number of people laid off including Steve Brown the stadium manager. Owners actively looking for investment and cutting the money right back in the mean time.

You can call me a stirrer or whatever, but the person that told me is at the club.

Makes sense given the transfer window

Advert

A girl I work with left our place in September to work at Vale. She also lives in Burslem and walks to work. A non driver so Vale was ideal for her instead of buses to Newcastle. 
Last week I gave a double take as she was in our reception area awaiting to be interviewed for her old job back. Laid off by Vale . Rejoins us as soon as checks go through. 
My mate is pretty worried hes on the chopping block next. Only been with vale 6 months and has already spoken to his old firm just to check if he could come back.

Well the whole thing obviously a big gamble when you take all the little snippets of info on board. Cost cutting, points on board, points needed to stay up, players coming back from injury etc etc etc.
It doesn't make for fun times atm and I'm sure the gamble will pay off. If not it doesn't bear thinking about as it will be murders.
This seasons done. It's just about survival now and sorting out for next season.
Just how it is for now. Roll on the summer. UTV

Sent from my SM-G950F using onevalefan mobile app

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Having 3 "setter uppers" in attack means we haven't got anyone to finish chances.

Massey is a wing back, so his game is to run down the line and cross it.

Butterworth is a #10, so his game is to dribble and thread balls through.

Politic is a winger, so again, his game is to create and provide crosses.

None of them are strikers that get on the end of things, so how do we expect to score?

Silly silly window not to address this.

Anyone with a brain could see we needed a new GK, experienced CB, LWB and a robust striker.

3 " setter uppers " WOW Add Worral and Benning to that list. Wish they would start to set some up

45 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

From what I can gather, just from reading on here, is that we've overspent. Whether that means the Shanahans have realised that they don't have enough money to keep funding us at the current rate, or whether it's a financial fair play thing, I have no idea. Could well all be utter nonsense, or I've misread what's been said. I'd heard recently from a decent source that we were looking to buy Dimensions, which doesn't strike me as something the skint would do.

That’s 2 really big contrasting rumours.

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Maybe it would make sense to go into a season with enough forwards? We had big issues last season with injuries and lack of forwards and have made the same errors again. It’s bad enough to start the season with no strikers, but to then play a 17 year old midfielder up top makes it slightly embarrassing. And then it’s happened again now. we have had a window to fix this either the funds aren’t there or DC Dosent see it as an issue. 

D C wants the funds. They are not available. 

Looks like we came up a season too early. " cost us an extra £ million " WOW

Wouldnt mind but we have very few goals in the choice of wide and midfield players anyway. Our front two are needed to score 25 / 30 minimum

2 hours ago, osprey said:

Really think they should announce the team earlier in the day so people can decide to do other things when they see we still haven’t got any forwards on the teamsheet. Saves wasting 90 mins praying for a goal knowing there’s virtually no chance of getting one. 

They could make that announcement at the beginning of the week 

14 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Doesn’t sound great, something must have happened to change the situation to the point where we are massively cost cutting everywhere and there isn’t smoke without fire.

Only ordering in limited food, staff being laid off. It’s pretty worrying.

Would you expect them to order unlimited food? 

Maybe there's some kind of cloth-cutting going on that means less avoidable wastage - wouldn't that be a good thing from a business perspective?

Just now, smithie said:

Would you expect them to order unlimited food? 

Maybe there's some kind of cloth-cutting going on that means less avoidable wastage - wouldn't that be a good thing from a business perspective?

I don't think only having a few cheese & onion and steak & kidney pies left just before kick off and no food at all left 20 minutes into the game is a good thing from a business or customer perspective.

Archived