onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Wycombe Wanderers

Fosse69

Advert

Forrester was meant be to be amazing, he has been ok but as above not had a consistent run of games and I’m not sure it’s that normal for a Cb to get subbed on for 10-15 mins every game. I find it odd that he’s apparently so highly rated, yet hasn’t really been given a consistent chance, and we then sign a young lad on loan who’s never played before who starts his first 2 games in a row. Surely yesterday the back 3 should have been forrester smith jones? 

Memory is a funny thing remember the food under Smurtwaite and Bratt with gates half the size?

The Shanahans have spent a fortune on upgrading the ground and squad and yet the criticism and conspiracy theories abound, makes you wonder why they bother.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

Where is the improvement for the normal fan?

Take the railway stand

Always a huge queue to get in.
Toilets are a disgrace. You always have to wade through p!ss
Never any food

What's improved?

10 hours ago, princesslear said:

Ye I agree, quite a few walked out at 3.0, that must be an awful sight for the players & staff

Happens at every club. Not sure why fans are being criticised for leaving at 0-3 after that gutless performance. If it’s such an awful sign maybe they should perform better and put some effort in which I thought was severely lacking yesterday. Maybe all 7000 should have stayed until the end and clapped the lads off for trying so hard?

This was posted on social media before midday. Apparently they did know there might be a problem (possibly supply issues beyond their control) and did let fans know beforehand and did suggest an alternative (the fan zone).  I realise not everyone uses social media so perhaps they should have put signage at the turnstiles too so as fans could stock up in the FZ before kickoff etc. I’m sure they’d welcome feedback on what more they could/should have done for today at least.
image.thumb.png.9ccd550cec08159c2bfd26e4518fcb72.png
That statement says nothing.

Read it.

Basically they said we've got no food but we've got no fans either so should be alright. If it isn't we will let you know.

It was a problem and they didn't let us know.

I think having no strikers came back to bite us today, we had a couple of good chances that we couldn’t convert. Would a Wilson or Harrison converted those? Maybe. But we also couldn’t make it stick up front either. The goals are disappointing. I know everyone was going mad at smith for giving the ball away, but he’s given it away in the middle of their half. It’s not like he’s given it away in our box. Why haven’t we got players sitting in and covering him when he pushed forward? Why is jones still too far wide when their lad runs down the middle. Why is Donnelly so far away from his man? Why doesn’t Jones just clear  the ball? It still could have been prevented.
Tuesday is a massive game now, no getting away from it. 
Correct. He gave the ball away, yes. But in a position we should be able to recover from.

One ball and then a bloke basically runs in a straight line through the middle of us to score. Rubbish.

13 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

This certainly isn't a pop at our management. Look at me all defensive! 

But I go to most games twitter at the ready at 2.00 pm and it's like a roulette wheel or tombola selection.  Literally nobody can predict the line up. There is no opportunity for partnerships to flourish particularly in defence. The squad obviously is vital and with our injuries we certainly need it.

But for me there's change for change sake some games. Forrester for example I know he's another with the dreaded ' niggles ' but has he even had a run of say 5 successive games to forge a reading with his colleagues? 

We have players in the starting X1 not even in the squad the next game then they'll reappear 4 games later. Cass an example. Not even on the bench yesterday. 

No coincidence that Arsenal have 7 ever presents . 

I couldn't even name our best team and at 18.45 on Tuesday versus Accrington I expect more bemusement although I agree you could change about 9 of yesterday's team.

One thing is certain our best out and out defender by a country mile has to be in the centre and he is the cement in the middle. The rest is pure guesswork for us. 

Spot on! Especially about Smudge and Forrester. Their inclusion should be nailed on. Then Jones on the left of the 3, Cass and  Donnelly to sub in as required. Keep it settled.

4 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Happens at every club. Not sure why fans are being criticised for leaving at 0-3 after that gutless performance. If it’s such an awful sign maybe they should perform better and put some effort in which I thought was severely lacking yesterday. Maybe all 7000 should have stayed until the end and clapped the lads off for trying so hard?

I agree, if the performance was worth watching to the end I would. I pay for my season ticket and never boo players but if I feel like i did yesterday I will leave.

11 hours ago, Walka003 said:

All I know for definite is what I said in my original post. A member of staff has told me there's been a good number of layoffs and it's not pretty behind the scenes atm.

I know that Ian Donaldson hasn't fallen out with them as he still has a parking space at vale, still has a box, still holds all his meetings there. I've heard (not from the same source I might add so less reliable) about he 49% stuff, and if its true I would welcome him with open arms. He's loaded and has a real soft spot for vale. Has to be the best thing for the club given the issues were facing at present.

He is also very very good friends with RW which in itself opens up a lot of investment doors

I knew I should not of read through that lot  
Same people stirring that they have no clue about 
Donaldson is still there as he still has a parking space

Glad someone finds people being made redundant and relegation form funny, strange sense of humour but it takes all sorts I guess.

4 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
23 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:
I knew I should not of read through that lot emoji23.png 
Same people stirring that they have no clue about 
Donaldson is still there as he still has a parking space emoji23.png

Glad someone finds people being made redundant and relegation form funny, strange sense of humour but it takes all sorts I guess.

Unfortunately it’s going on all around us we are in a recession 

What I find funny is u spreading <ovf censored> u know <ovf censored> all about 

Unfortunately it’s going on all around us we are in a recession 
What I find funny is u spreading u know all about 

My friend works at the vale. His colleagues have been made redundant, fact. We are 19th in the form table over the last 6 games, fact.

Haven't pretended to know anything more than the next man about Donaldson, just what I've heard on here and from people outside of the club. I wouldn't present stuff that I wasn't sure about.

Archived