onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Wycombe Wanderers

Fosse69

27 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Again, not sure if this is a wind up or not.

So you're saying that a shot on goal isn't a chance created?

Some strange people on this forum.

Very brave of you to admit that you are strange on a public forum. We are not judgemental on here.

That is the whole point though is not?

We never had a shot on target (shot on goal)  

Are you trying to say if someone takes a shot from 25/30 yards out, it goes over the bar and into the Hamil Road, your saying that is a chance created?

Advert

Very brave of you to admit that you are strange on a public forum. We are not judgemental on here.
That is the whole point though is not?
We never had a shot on target (shot on goal)  
Are you trying to say if someone takes a shot from 25/30 yards out, it goes over the bar and into the Hamil Road, your saying that is a chance created?

You might just be the new RZ with bizarre comments like that!

If you have a shot, then the chance to shoot has been created.

So you're saying that all 12 of our shots were from 30 yards out? Did you even go to the game?

18 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

You might just be the new RZ with bizarre comments like that!

If you have a shot, then the chance to shoot has been created.

So you're saying that all 12 of our shots were from 30 yards out? Did you even go to the game?

You are a very bizarre individual indeed.

OK, you win, We should have won 13-0 yesterday even though the goalkeeper never had a shot to save

If I was DC, I would be tapping into your superior knowledge of football

11 minutes ago, valeparklife said:
1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:
You are a very bizarre individual indeed.
OK, you win, We should have won 13-0 yesterday even though the goalkeeper never had a shot to save
If I was DC, I would be tapping into your superior knowledge of football

I thought we didn't create anything? So how did we have 13 shots?

Apologies, a mis-quote from your "facts/stats" 🤣

We should have easily scored 12 goals according to you and your "facts/stats" 🤣

PVFC.png

8 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

Having re-watched the highlights (lowlights?) of yesterday's game, it emphasises the importance of the next few matches this month. We are currently sliding and while I can understand the reasoning for not spending in this last transfer window, any assumption that we are 'safe' is fast receding with our current slump in form and recent performances. 

DC needs to arrest this slide asap if we're not to end up in a relegation battle! A few weeks back, the talk was still about the potential for a play off place, now take a look at the league table, our lack of goals and our dismal GD and who can be certain we won't be fighting the wrong sort of battle?

Our lack of goals and dismal GD really is a problem. In any League table, GD is as good a proxy of league position as you could ask for and on -11 you could argue that 17th is our true position. Looking at how we are playing at present, right now I would take that as our finishing point for the season.

Tuesday night is looming as a real six-pointer and I'm just hoping that players are fit and DC can breathe some confidence back into the side. Coleman is a really Wiley fox and we will need to be at our very best to win it regardless of their poor recent form. I usually never miss watching on iFollow but on Tuesday I'll probably be watching from behind the sofa. 

Let's hope Proc and/or one of the other strikers can play...

15 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Our lack of goals and dismal GD really is a problem. In any League table, GD is as good a proxy of league position as you could ask for and on -11 you could argue that 17th is our true position. Looking at how we are playing at present, right now I would take that as our finishing point for the season.

Tuesday night is looming as a real six-pointer and I'm just hoping that players are fit and DC can breathe some confidence back into the side. Coleman is a really Wiley fox and we will need to be at our very best to win it regardless of their poor recent form. I usually never miss watching on iFollow but on Tuesday I'll probably be watching from behind the sofa. 

Let's hope Proc and/or one of the other strikers can play...

Can only agree and I second that last wish....

My mate is pretty worried hes on the chopping block next. Only been with vale 6 months and has already spoken to his old firm just to check if he could come back.
I posted on here concerns early on that Carol and Kevin were spending alot of money behind the scenes rather than on the pitch. People said they know what they are doing and not to worry, it's their money. From what I'm reading I'm starting to worry although they appear to be taking corrective action. Sorry for the people who joined the Vale buying into the future not realising it was a limited one.

I think now until the end of the season is important in perception terms. That is if fans see entertaining games - even losing to Derby in a good battle - they will buy in for next season. On the otherhand, if the team crashes down the league with no attacking potency, mistakes at the back and lack of entertainment value - Wycombe etc. then fans will give up and go occasional. That will waste all the effort and investment made. It could even lead to a whole new crisis as the owners become overwhelmed by the financial challenges. 

So we want better players and better facilities and if we don't get them we are not going. Maybe if times are tough we should just help them out by spending more or if you can't afford that then just be nice to the family who have spent 10 million quid over the last 3 years. We sound like a bunch of entitled pr*cks ( me included at times)

So we want better players and better facilities and if we don't get them we are not going. Maybe if times are tough we should just help them out by spending more or if you can't afford that then just be nice to the family who have spent 10 million quid over the last 3 years. We sound like a bunch of entitled pr*cks ( me included at times)
Exactly running a football club is a money pit we all want better but we when majority of us commenting on these forums are earning 25k a year max (I have work permanent nights for that it's pennies in football terms ).
So we are helpless we cannot do anything apart from get our season ticket and hope the players play above themselves.
I buy me lads ticket aswell majority of home games he works but only part time so I help out if I can .
Love the shanahans thank you .
I wish I could help but I cannot .
UTV

We are in a play off spot anyway 🙂 

Funso probably earned 3,500 of those points.

In a quirk of the fixture list, perhaps the two most involved players meet on Saturday when Funso Ojo's Port Vale play Wycombe Wanderers, with their midfielder David Wheeler announced this week as sustainability officer for the Professional Footballers' Association, the players' union.

Ojo has clocked up more than 260 activities that Green Football Weekend organisers say could amount to more than 500kg CO2e saved - roughly the same as a return flight from London to Cairo.

"I've not always been such a green activist," he said. "I used to drive a Porsche, but I changed. I told the club I want to get into an electric scheme, about a plant-based diet, the plastic bottles we were using.

"Since I switched to my green journey, I have been passionate about it. I am in a position where maybe there are hundreds of people looking at us, maybe it's five people, but it's small changes."

Archived