onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Wycombe Wanderers

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, Warren said:

With the subs DC makes, they have become predictable. Opposition know Worrall is going off on 75 mins. A swap at the back will occur etc. That might be a bit unfair, but it is possible to plan for the different characteristics and experience of the players coming on. 

I suggest that Worrall rarely makes positional mistakes. Yes he can be beaten by a player with higher level skill, but he doesn't leave a massive hole behind him unwisely and he doesn't handle the ball. 

I guess if players don't gain experience they won't acquire his knowledge and so some tolerance of this is needed if we are to grow squad capability.

Was game over after the substitutions, t actively sh1te by DC. Saying that we never looked like scoring, when was the last time our only center forward (Massey) had a shot? Let alone a shot on target.

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Forrester was meant be to be amazing, he has been ok but as above not had a consistent run of games and I’m not sure it’s that normal for a Cb to get subbed on for 10-15 mins every game. I find it odd that he’s apparently so highly rated, yet hasn’t really been given a consistent chance, and we then sign a young lad on loan who’s never played before who starts his first 2 games in a row. Surely yesterday the back 3 should have been forrester smith jones? 

Forrester is still raw but will become a good player given game time, my concern is he looks worse now than when he joined us. Donnelly is similar, will become a good player but very raw now and had a shocker yesterday, my concern is we lose Hall who was a good left/ center back to be replaced by a promising young player on loan where we will help to develop but most likely not see the quality finish that May materialise. I do agree on your back 3 unless Cass is fit who maybe better than Forrester at the moment but DC feels the need to develop someone else’s player than our own.

29 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Why turn down investment from someone like Donaldson when we appear to be in a bad way financially? Seems madness.

Yet again it feels like we are entering another drama.

Just to add that is a RUMOUR and it didn't name the person or persons involved in any offer

IF and its a big IF any offer for 49% has been turned down maybe it wasn't at a price they thought acceptable... I wish i knew how  to put a link to where the rumour is on here but i think the twitter it was off has been posted on PVO

15 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

It seems the pitch has become a hot topic ever since Speed left.

Has it significantly worsened since then? It seems so but I'm no expert. 

The amount of staff departing at present is crazy.

You will probable find that Speed went because he is far too opinionated for for a someone that just a forks a pith

Could be many reasons why Vale declined the offer so unreasonable to say it was the right or wrong decision. I do know someone who worked at the club for many years who was praising the running of the club when I spoke to him last season, the best he has seen and been there from before Rudge era. He left (from his own decision, I believe) as he didn’t like working at the club any more, was not the same. Haven’t spoke to him since he has left so don’t know the real reason but along with the sudden departure of Speedy for me does pose some red flags.

9 hours ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

This was posted on social media before midday. Apparently they did know there might be a problem (possibly supply issues beyond their control) and did let fans know beforehand and did suggest an alternative (the fan zone).  I realise not everyone uses social media so perhaps they should have put signage at the turnstiles too so as fans could stock up in the FZ before kickoff etc. I’m sure they’d welcome feedback on what more they could/should have done for today at least.

image.thumb.png.9ccd550cec08159c2bfd26e4518fcb72.png

If the Vale had announced the team at the same time there'd have been enough pies for us all to have 2 each.....

15 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Maybe it would make sense to go into a season with enough forwards? We had big issues last season with injuries and lack of forwards and have made the same errors again. It’s bad enough to start the season with no strikers, but to then play a 17 year old midfielder up top makes it slightly embarrassing. And then it’s happened again now. we have had a window to fix this either the funds aren’t there or DC Dosent see it as an issue. 

We have Willo and Proc out of contract at the end of the season. I'm also guessing that they will be some of the club's highest earners.Both have been class acts and you can see if Willo had not been plagued by injuries throughout his career, he would have at least stayed in the Championship for most of his career but him & Proc have spent most the time at Vale in the physio room than on the pitch & I would release both of them to revamp the forward line for next season.

Forrester is still raw but will become a good player given game time, my concern is he looks worse now than when he joined us. Donnelly is similar, will become a good player but very raw now and had a shocker yesterday, my concern is we lose Hall who was a good left/ center back to be replaced by a promising young player on loan where we will help to develop but most likely see the quality finish that May materialise. I do agree on your back 3 unless Cass is fit who maybe better than Forrester at the moment but DC feels the need to develop someone else’s player than our own.

When he first broke into the team, everyone on here was convinced he would be sold to a Championship club in January.

His injury was a shame, and like you say, he isn't getting a run of games to get that consistency and fitness back.

Forrester, Smith, Jones as a settled back 3 please!

Another thing is why are folk so obsessed with food and drink .
I go watch the football not a fellow fan eating a pie or moaning cause only had ten pints of carling instead of 11 .
Having a go at tge shanahans I do not agree with .
DC has got to sort this team out if he does we will be safe if not we will be hoping theres 4 worse teams than us which in itself is downright rubbish as that shows that folk were wrong to be buzzing about wins at Plymouth /Derby when we cannot quite frankly win any big game whatsoever at home .
The best home performances were when Connor Hall was here .

15 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Again i could be well on my own here but i actually thought he was having a decent games and was surprised to see him taken off,winning tackles and headers and as for the first goal yes he was sloppy BUT he was probably in two minds,he miss times a tackle and then gets a red but in the end he just got megged,lets not forget it was all down to Smiths pass.

Jones is the whipping boy on here at times.

Those chances we had first 15/20 mins if we had a fit striker on.Taylor or Harrison then i would of thought at least one would be put away and then its a different game but its done now and we have to get a win asap no matter how we do it before losing becomes a trend we cant get out of

The first goal was like the Keystone Cops. Smith losing it in the opposition half thinking he's Jude Bellingham. Then Jones had a chance to actually clear the ball but did a complete air shot like you would see at a under 7's game (pitch related maybe????).

Do you know what role Dan Jones would be perfect in, but no-one plays them kind of systems these days? a sweeper.  He would make the perfect sweeper 

10 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Everyone wins on it apart from us

The last 3 teams to beat us at home are 4th, 6th and 7th in the league - and likely to be pushing for or in the play offs at the end of the season. Not everyone beats us on that pitch.

Having re-watched the highlights (lowlights?) of yesterday's game, it emphasises the importance of the next few matches this month. We are currently sliding and while I can understand the reasoning for not spending in this last transfer window, any assumption that we are 'safe' is fast receding with our current slump in form and recent performances. 

DC needs to arrest this slide asap if we're not to end up in a relegation battle! A few weeks back, the talk was still about the potential for a play off place, now take a look at the league table, our lack of goals and our dismal GD and who can be certain we won't be fighting the wrong sort of battle?

Archived