onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Derby County

Fosse69

They may aswell let Derby fans if they wish to attend buy tickets in bycars not that it would make much difference if a few hundred of them were in our home end .
We are not at a point where we playing well enough to get the occassional fans to attend so I do not see the point in not maximising earnings for this game by turning a blind eye to there fans who wish to attend and go the game it's not like there going be daft enough start singing Derby songs is it .
If 300 extra in hamil at 24 pounds a ticket makes a huge difference it would be 300 empty seats otherwise
Some money better than none .
Howmany does bycars hold I'd say no more than 1000 in the white in that end up to yet .
Paddocks doing ok say 3 quarters full so think that end will go at some point tomoz
Maximise sales in Bycars if folk want come and pay there coin out why not .
UTV

Advert

2 hours ago, mikey said:

I'm hoping it's off tbh, as I doubt we will have all the walking wounded back and firing on all cylinders. The weather may be in our favour given our poor pitch and the recent freeze.

We also have this week to get an extra body or two in to replace the leavers, and give us more options.

Having walked on a lot of grass today that is bone hard ,I can’t see it thawing enough over the next couple of days , it’s getting a little warmer but I’m sure parts of the pitch will stay in the shade and I would imagine pitch inspection around noon on Tuesday. 

7 hours ago, bertiepee said:

Having walked on a lot of grass today that is bone hard ,I can’t see it thawing enough over the next couple of days , it’s getting a little warmer but I’m sure parts of the pitch will stay in the shade and I would imagine pitch inspection around noon on Tuesday. 

Had this grass that you walked on had frost covers put over it?

You should apply for a Gig. In the comedy club coming up in Tommy's

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

Ha ha well in order for Vale make money you need folk on the ground it makes up for when the likes of Peterboro bring 239 etc.
The extra coin will be accepted .for sure
Beats looking at loads of empty seats in that end .
Do you really feel a fan who has not being the ground this season but watched the Vale game v p/boro on sky would be encouraged go a game part with his hard earned on the basis of that very poor effort .
I think not .
When Vale are doing well do you not think that more folk turn up go in home end I can guarantee they do when playing away .
Anyway you have your view I have mine I'd happily move from Railway stand to bycars and give Derby that end ..
Supply and demand they are on a great run .
Vale need the money I should imagine.
Looking forwards to the game it better be ON
My team
Stevens
Cass Jones Benning
Worrall Massey
Ojo Pett
Garrity
Politic
Harrison .
Hopefully Harrisons back a few tweaks we at home lets go at them with pace and vigour hitting them from all angles ,playing with purpose couple of energetic lads by Jones who will hopefully travel with the ball .
3 -0 Vale
UTV

11 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

They may aswell let Derby fans if they wish to attend buy tickets in bycars not that it would make much difference if a few hundred of them were in our home end .
We are not at a point where we playing well enough to get the occassional fans to attend so I do not see the point in not maximising earnings for this game by turning a blind eye to there fans who wish to attend and go the game it's not like there going be daft enough start singing Derby songs is it .
If 300 extra in hamil at 24 pounds a ticket makes a huge difference it would be 300 empty seats otherwise
Some money better than none .
Howmany does bycars hold I'd say no more than 1000 in the white in that end up to yet .
Paddocks doing ok say 3 quarters full so think that end will go at some point tomoz
Maximise sales in Bycars if folk want come and pay there coin out why not .
UTV

I can`t think of one thing that could possibly go wrong 🙈🙈🙈😍😍😍

2 hours ago, Warren said:

Need a goalkeeper for this game and not a Port Vale shop clad mannequin.

No disrespect, but I wish folk would stop harping on parrot fashion about goalkeepers.  We’ve got nobody to score goals, how are we supposed to win games?

It seems we may have cover coming in at LWB for this game at least.

I can`t think of one thing that could possibly go wrong
Yes I get that there could be trouble but I doubt there will be .
Anyway it's not going happen anyway I look forwards to seeing all our season ticket holders attending tomoz night if working hopefully sending a replacement in there place and not leaving any empty seats .
We need score first for sure and we will if we focus on our strengths and not worry too much about there's .
UTV

32 minutes ago, DazFred said:

My pitch inspection was playing with the dogs in the back garden.

Grass was ok,bit wet. Ground was a bit hard in places. No covers on.

Verdict? It definitely might be postponed tomorrow. Or not

Its hard to say, my reward for Vale being P-P was an 8 mile hike around Carsington Water on Saturday and despite above freezing temps in the day or so previous anywhere shading was solid ice on the paths and the grass was rock hard so shows that its not a case as some people think that as soon as its above freezing a pitch thaws straight out.

That stands are the problem as they shadow large area's from the sunlight and being as cold as it was a deep freeze sets in.

I would say 75/25 that it would be on as long as it doesnt creep below 0 tonight.

50 minutes ago, Jodie said:

The photos I saw of vales pitch taken on Friday had a covering of snow and the frost covers all rolled up around the side of the pitch

Yep. I saw one on Thursday of the pitch covered in snow. Couldn't believe that the frost covers weren't on. Hopefully it gets warm enough tomorrow to thaw the pitch. 

Archived