onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Derby County

Fosse69

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

I think the recent lack of matches has killed our momentum and match sharpness. Against Peterborough we didn’t just look disjointed, we looked rusty, Benning’s feeble miss of a clear cut chance early on evidence of that. 

The trouble is we play a couple of games ion a week and we look leggy jaded tired etc we don’t play for 2 weeks and we lack match sharpness and look rusty we got an excuse for everything 

Advert

3 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

The trouble is we play a couple of games ion a week and we look leggy jaded tired etc we don’t play for 2 weeks and we lack match sharpness and look rusty we got an excuse for everything 

There's definitely something in that. 

Derby will point to us being fresh if they lose. If we lose it's rustyness.

I for one am pleased that a superbly supported club like Derby are doing very well .
Hats off to the full away allocation hope you have a bad night but a great season overall and get back in championship .
Mcgoldrick used play for Vale when Foyley was manager I liked him I thought he had something about him back then think he was only young at time but glad he is firing goals in for them but will be livid if he scores v us but then I'll be livid if anyone scores against us .
Big performance required by Vale and I for one think they are well capable of doing it just a few alterations here and there a lot more positivity and who knows .
Ojo has got be ready by now .
Forrester will probably come in as he can travel positively with the ball which drags out players and creates space for others you need to have two of the three at the back doing that because if they do not then the other team will just let them have the ball because they know that eventually it will be 6 passes at back back to goalie then huge lump forwards hoping Worrall can flick it on (dinosaur football ).
It's not good football it's rubbish .
So lets hope he chooses two either side of DJones who want to get us on the front foot .
UTV

6 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

I hope they underestimate us and after their top 6, 6 pointer win against Bolton are over confident and rest a few key players for their 4th round game against West Ham. 

I'd expect they are more bothered about the league than West ham.  One off glory day as opposed to challenging to get back in the championship. 

Favourites? Based on what ? Only player possibly back is Harrison at best. 

Aside from Wilson and Conlon who else is missing? Ojo is back as is Forrester. Conlon could be back for this one. Never know even Wilson depending on how much cloak and daggers DC is giving

5 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Extremely tough game even though these love an away draw, if the same 11 that played against Posh is in for this one we will get mullered. Hopefully have a new signing before (doubt it) but we’re desperate for a LWV. Need Wilson Harrison and Ojo to play this one, can’t start a game again with Mipo and Massey up front and Benning at left back might as well concede the game. Be delighted with a point but can’t see it at the moment 

In the reverse fixture we had McCarron at LWB for most of that game.  I’d suggest Benning would be a serious upgrade.

3 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Aside from Wilson and Conlon who else is missing? Ojo is back as is Forrester. Conlon could be back for this one. Never know even Wilson depending on how much cloak and daggers DC is giving

Conlon was rightly dropped for FGR after terrible form so I'm not sure he'll play tomorrow. 

Ojo the only possibility maybe. It'll be 3 weeks since his cameo at FGR so surely he's ready to start. 

As you say there isn't anyone else. 

I wished that 1 was my bookmaker if he's got us as favourites .

Conlon was rightly dropped for FGR after terrible form so I'm not sure he'll play tomorrow. 
Ojo the only possibility maybe. It'll be 3 weeks since his cameo at FGR so surely he's ready to start. 

We aren’t favourites with the bookies but we’re as much as 5/1 at their place so more favoured than that day.

Derby are an odd one, they’ve won less than we have away from home but love a draw, I’d take a point to keep us ticking over.

49 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I’m certain he won’t play tomorrow😄

I'm hoping it's off tbh, as I doubt we will have all the walking wounded back and firing on all cylinders. The weather may be in our favour given our poor pitch and the recent freeze.

We also have this week to get an extra body or two in to replace the leavers, and give us more options.

Archived