onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Derby County

Fosse69

Advert

50 minutes ago, Frank Mustard said:

I can only assume one of our injury prone strikers will be fit for tomorrow night with us not bringing anybody in? If our only options are Mipo and Massey again after last Monday night someone wants stringing up. 

If it's Milo and Massey again, that will be so disheartening 😔

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Its hard to say, my reward for Vale being P-P was an 8 mile hike around Carsington Water on Saturday and despite above freezing temps in the day or so previous anywhere shading was solid ice on the paths and the grass was rock hard so shows that its not a case as some people think that as soon as its above freezing a pitch thaws straight out.

That stands are the problem as they shadow large area's from the sunlight and being as cold as it was a deep freeze sets in.

I would say 75/25 that it would be on as long as it doesnt creep below 0 tonight.

-3 according to radio joke!😇

On 22/01/2023 at 14:39, valefan16 said:

Aside from Wilson and Conlon who else is missing? Ojo is back as is Forrester. Conlon could be back for this one. Never know even Wilson depending on how much cloak and daggers DC is giving

Er Harrison?

If it's Milo and Massey again, that will be so disheartening 
Very poor partnership no real desire get on the end of anything ,movement poor and clumsy on ball and easily beat in the air .
There's no way they will both be selected tomoz I'd rather us put Politic and Butterworth as the front 2 ok the long ball in the air would be pointless but if we play it through the field they be miles more of a threat than what the two ms were last Monday
Hope it's ON swapped me shift got a feeling its going be OFF though I reckon they haven't even shifted the snow .
I live miles away or I'd go have a look .
Paddocks filling nicely 8 sections of the 10 in there are selling excellently .
UTV

5 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Yes I get that there could be trouble but I doubt there will be .
Anyway it's not going happen anyway I look forwards to seeing all our season ticket holders attending tomoz night if working hopefully sending a replacement in there place and not leaving any empty seats .
We need score first for sure and we will if we focus on our strengths and not worry too much about there's .
UTV

Not a chance. Nearly all the missing ST holders are young children, They are free with adult holders, so no money lost when they do not attend. Would not drag my children out on a freezing January school night.

55 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Interesting thought if Harrison and Willo are out if you were DC how hard would you be trying to get the Vale pitch playable ? Im sure Carol wants the game on for financial reasons ,  for injury reasons would DC be too bothered if it was postponed ?

Good point - you wouldn't want it, would you? We were toothless against Peterbrough the other night and it would be just the same against Derby whereas a fully fit forward line would give them a real challenge. Far better, though not financially, to play them when we have a decent line-up.

5 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Good point - you wouldn't want it, would you? We were toothless against Peterbrough the other night and it would be just the same against Derby whereas a fully fit forward line would give them a real challenge. Far better, though not financially, to play them when we have a decent line-up.

Ultimately we'd still get the money though even if played in April as  they'll sell out regardless.

It's whether we are ok to have just two homes between Nov 19th and Feb 4th . So the money right now will surely come in handy given the fact we've been starved of footy. 

Not a chance. Nearly all the missing ST holders are young children, They are free with adult holders, so no money lost when they do not attend. Would not drag my children out on a freezing January school night.
Exactly but you do know you can release the free tickets seat so that you get more folk in the ends they want go in .
I used to take my lad every game even when it was cold when he was little .
I get your point though lots of parents won't and if they are free they shouldn't be counted in attendance anyway as they ain't paid a penny
Release seat if not attending as means that can be sold and you do not have that problem where folk are complaining because they want go in a certain end
UTV

Not necessarily in my opinion.
Playing it later on only piles more pressure on players to play 2 or even 3 games in a week and it could indeed backfire.
The club need income and tomorrow night should help the coffers with 3k-odd Derby fans buying food, programmes etc.
The players selected will be keen to put last week to bed and hopefully if the match does go ahead they can and will.

Should really be getting 7k / 8k home fans for this fixture.

It’s the biggest home fixture of the season.

There’s a part of our fan base who will find an excuse not to go, especially on mid week games.

Yes, it’s January. Yes, it’s cold. However, we have sold 6,500 season tickets. Surely this is the one home fixture you’d want to make an effort to go to?

5 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Should really be getting 7k / 8k home fans for this fixture.

It’s the biggest home fixture of the season.

There’s a part of our fan base who will find an excuse not to go, especially on mid week games.

Yes, it’s January. Yes, it’s cold. However, we have sold 6,500 season tickets. Surely this is the one home fixture you’d want to make an effort to go to?

Whilst accepting people do shifts the fact over 1000 couldn't be assed last week was poor, on Tv or not.

It's free you've already paid, get your bum on that seat . You're not telling me they are all on noons and kids !! 

11 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Whilst accepting people do shifts the fact over 1000 couldn't be assed last week was poor, on Tv or not.

It's free you've already paid, get your bum on that seat . You're not telling me they are all on noons and kids !! 

Our midweek attendances drop off a cliff some times. 

Closer to 1,500 ST holders didn’t bother turning up last Monday. 

It was hardly a nothing game. If we had won we’d be hovering below the playoffs. 

We need to get behind the players tomorrow no matter who plays! Last week was a major disappointment both on & off the pitch it was like a library! Come on people let’s make some noise please!
We were doing our best first half fella there was good noise and if we did anything positive the railway colllectively were certainly encouraging but second half was very poor and they gave us little to encourage .
I agree if you cannot get yourself up and behind your club then whats the point in supporting them the whole point of football is atmosphere Wembley got off train at Euston station the noise was tremendous I remember that as much as the game .
Stand up if you love the Vale .
Get behind the team as a one .
Good post Sir .
Vale fans do it away well do it at home .

Archived