onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

Back home at last for the visit of the Accies, perennial over achievers, usually keenly fought games. Maybe starting to find some form with a win at Cambridge, draw at Lincoln and several cup wins against lower clubs. Now is the time for the Vale to start another little run to consolidate in the challenging positions ready for the visit to Weds. Vale to win 1-0.

Xmas cracker: Only 3rd North team to win an away league match at Vale Park, shares name with former Vale manager?

Advert

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Back home at last for the visit of the Accies, perennial over achievers, usually keenly fought games. Maybe starting to find some form with a win at Cambridge, draw at Lincoln and several cup wins against lower clubs. Now is the time for the Vale to start another little run to consolidate in the challenging positions ready for the visit to Weds. Vale to win 1-0.

Xmas cracker: Only 3rd North team to win an away league match at Vale Park, shares name with former Vale manager?

Who’s that, Alan Accrington?

Need to be looking to win this really but always a bit of a tricky one and can’t underestimate them.

Hopefully Wilson can terrorise them like last season though! Coleman was wrong about his prediction on this being a league fixture this season mind!

2-0 Vale here I think.

Back to 352 for me. It did feel for me whether Saturday was Dennis' 'last chance saloon'. As I mentioned after Saturday, I reckon that could be the end come January.

Butterworth has got to come in for me.

Stevens

Forrester         Smith             Jones

Wozza                   Garrity/Ojo           Conlon/Ojo             Benning

Butterworth

Harrison                Wilson

Can't make my mind up about holding midfielders. Surely, Funso must be nearly ready!! If so, get him in!

Smith back in the middle!                  

I'll take any sort of win.

I'd love Politic to start but really feel he is an impact sub. Depending on Jones injury,it will be the same back 3 or Forrester. Will seems to have a mistake in him every game tho I do think he has potential.

Ojo and Walker are the sicknotes this season it appears so it'll be Garrity and Conlon with Pett on the bench. Love to see Tommy Mac on the bench or Charsley given game time.

Not sure what Massey offers and Mipo appears to have gone off the boil but if Harrison is injured,I'd start Mipo alongside Wilson.

Hope it's on and a win will set us up for Eric in the next home game

With my glass half empty outlook. Forrest Green have taken closer order at 4th bottom on 20 points and no longer cut adrift. Accrington on 21 points. PV on 29 points. To keep a comfortable gap we need to win thereby pushing Accrington towards the crocodile's mouth. Win this and win at Forrest Green and things start to look very rosy in the survival battle. 

I thought the team on Saturday gave time to Harrison - who looked rusty - and Politic. Politic isn't cutting it at the moment and Butterworth needs to play. Get him signed up long term if we can. I know Politic can be improved and the ability is there, but in the end we can't be less than full strength in this division without risking losing a string of games and getting into trouble. 

Therefore I think Accrington is an important game we need to win and DC should field the absolute strongest team possible. 

14 hours ago, DazFred said:

I'll take any sort of win.

I'd love Politic to start but really feel he is an impact sub. Depending on Jones injury,it will be the same back 3 or Forrester. Will seems to have a mistake in him every game tho I do think he has potential.

Ojo and Walker are the sicknotes this season it appears so it'll be Garrity and Conlon with Pett on the bench. Love to see Tommy Mac on the bench or Charsley given game time.

Not sure what Massey offers and Mipo appears to have gone off the boil but if Harrison is injured,I'd start Mipo alongside Wilson.

Hope it's on and a win will set us up for Eric in the next home game

In certain games this season, Massey up front has been very influential. I thought that at Plymouth and in the recovery at Barnsley. He's a very useful utility player being able to play all down the right side of the pitch and in the two wide positions in a 3 up front. But yes, in some games it doesn't work out for him. Overall I'm pleased we have got him. Like many players in L1 if they were more consistent they would progress to playing at Championship level. 

5 hours ago, Warren said:

In certain games this season, Massey up front has been very influential. I thought that at Plymouth and in the recovery at Barnsley. He's a very useful utility player being able to play all down the right side of the pitch and in the two wide positions in a 3 up front. But yes, in some games it doesn't work out for him. Overall I'm pleased we have got him. Like many players in L1 if they were more consistent they would progress to playing at Championship level. 

It's all about opinions. I was pleased we got him but expected more of an impact. Maybe it's because of his presence that Wozza has upped his game? I think he is playing some of his best footie. I agree that Massey does give us more options.

I'm pleased with how we're doing and realise that we have to play at our max to get anything in this division. There's no guaranteed 3 points so whilst I'd be thinking 6 points is a must from the next 2 home games,I would only suggest that these are the teams we need to try to beat to stay out of trouble and improve our position. The particularly pleasing part is wins at Plymouth and Derby. We've had 3 tonkings away from home,yet we still sit in the top 10.

21 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

Back to 352 for me. It did feel for me whether Saturday was Dennis' 'last chance saloon'. As I mentioned after Saturday, I reckon that could be the end come January.

Butterworth has got to come in for me.

Stevens

Wozza                   Garrity/Ojo           Conlon/Ojo             Benning

Butterworth

Harrison                Wilson

Can't make my mind up about holding midfielders. Surely, Funso must be nearly ready!! If so, get him in!

Smith back in the middle!                  

The Funso and Walker injuries are two of the most closely guarded secrets by the Vale.

Funso Peterborough away September 24th 12 weeks ago. 

Walker Derby away October 8th 10 weeks ago. 

Haven't seen one single snippet about Walker to be fair.

I'm sure a lot will disagree but a little bit of information now and again wouldn't go amiss in my opinion.

56 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

The Funso and Walker injuries are two of the most closely guarded secrets by the Vale.

Funso Peterborough away September 24th 12 weeks ago. 

Walker Derby away October 8th 10 weeks ago. 

Haven't seen one single snippet about Walker to be fair.

I'm sure a lot will disagree but a little bit of information now and again wouldn't go amiss in my opinion.

Didn't realise that Funso's injury was so long ago. It certainly felt a while ago but wow!! Maybe he broke down again?? It's usually about 6 weeks for a hamstring, then getting match fit.

I feel that we could do with his calmness and his skill set quite soon!

Walker - I can see him leaving. But like you say. - who knows??

For me 

Stevens

Wozza                   Garrity      Pett        Benning

Conlon 

Harrison                        Wilson 

ditch 343 . Back to basics 352 

Archived