onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

Advert

17 hours ago, toyahw said:

Funso back on the grass a few weeks ago? Walker? Who knows? Proc retired? We have some right crocks on the books.

I remember on Saturday the ball breaking loose across the PV six yard box in the second half and the Bristol player was desperate to slot it. Meanwhile Stephens and I think Jones absolutely piled in as well no holds barred. Sometimes I think I forget what a dangerous rough house game professional football is and it's not surprising a few players have long term injuries. Obviously the worst incident I have ever seen on a football pitch was the foul on Stewart Talbot by Paul Robinson of Watford in the 1990's. It's an occupational hazard to get fouled and sometimes in an utterly disgraceful manner. 

1 hour ago, Warren said:

I remember on Saturday the ball breaking loose across the PV six yard box in the second half and the Bristol player was desperate to slot it. Meanwhile Stephens and I think Jones absolutely piled in as well no holds barred. Sometimes I think I forget what a dangerous rough house game professional football is and it's not surprising a few players have long term injuries. Obviously the worst incident I have ever seen on a football pitch was the foul on Stewart Talbot by Paul Robinson of Watford in the 1990's. It's an occupational hazard to get fouled and sometimes in an utterly disgraceful manner. 

18 minutes ago, Phil500 said:

As a turnstile operator I was walking around the edge of the pitch when that happened. I was seething, closest I have ever come to running on the turf. Have/will not ever forget that. Him and Steve Foley are on my to do list!

To which comment were you referring?

4 hours ago, Phil500 said:

Seems to have gone. Was replying to a post about a Watford/ Vale match when Graham Taylor was there manager, and in his defence he condemned the tackle. I can still here Stewart Talbot,s leg snap now, and Robinson just stood over him glowering down.

If I remember it correctly the ref totally lost control that match. It got worse and worse and it was obvious something was going to happen- and it sure did.   I don't remember Taylor condemning it, I thought he said something like  ,   I will look at it and take action if needs be. Of course nothing ever happened,  it's still there, under the carpet.   Disgusting assault.  Think the bar steward went on to have a long and successful career as well.

16 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

I fear the thaw is going to be 24 hrs too late!

Yeah it was -9c here in NW Leicestershire last night for example, the issue is the shaded part near the paddock usually and with it being freezing or below pretty much until 11am Saturday and then just creeping up to 2c by kick off its hard to see it thawing out...

Sunday though is 9c and Monday a barmy 13! Boxing Day at least looks more positive.

15 hours ago, Phil500 said:

Seems to have gone. Was replying to a post about a Watford/ Vale match when Graham Taylor was there manager, and in his defence he condemned the tackle. I can still here Stewart Talbot,s leg snap now, and Robinson just stood over him glowering down.

Only a booking. Absolutely appalling. I think Talbot ended up getting financial compensation after taking legal proceedings.

Archived