onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Charlton Athletic

Fosse69

Everyone will be in anticipation of an improved response by our Valiants against the visiting Valiants. Charlton had a 3-3 draw at Burton and previously a 4-4 at home to Ipswich, so a high scoring match may be in prospect. A win cannot be guaranteed but effort and application will be expected. Injuries and a Harrison suspension are factors, but Charlton are only one point above us, so go for it Vale and show us you know where the net is. 

Advert

3 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

We will lose as a strike force of mipo and Massey is no good for league one level. My prediction 0 - 3 loss.

Dont mind Mipo tbf but i dont know whats happened with Massey,he was great earlier in the season when coming off the bench,so much so fans were begging for him to start but he just isn't cutting it now.

My guess is he will start with Mipo and Politic and have Butterworth in behind. For me though this shows our lack of striking options yet again once we lose Wilson and Harrison

OK a few thoughts for this game next Sat we usually respond to a defeat with a win or draw so there's no lack of character in the changing room .
No Harrison a blow .
Obviously need change the side 7 goals conceded in last 2 so cannot keep playing error ridden players and players who are quite frankly not doing there jobs properly .
You defend from the front I'd be sticking a extra defensive midfielder in there for now and bring Hall in .
I don't want see Forrester and Smith in our defence together again it's either one or the other not both .
I want see Politic and Butterworth as one in behind the other we don't need play with two strikers better having two dynamite footballers and lets face it if Garritys back which he will be he can dart in to score from both these excellent space invaders .
I'd bring Worrall in and I'd keep faith in Benning as until yesterday he was playing well and lets face it I'm sure Oxfords squad got them in play offs so there no mugs yet if Vale scored 3 no one would have batted a eyelid the scoreline was absurd .
So let's hope they do a deal and get more folk in the ground for bycars make that the cash crisis end and get as many in as possible
UTV

Would love us to win this game, but at the moment can't see it.

Our strike force is not scoring enough to cover our fragile midfield and defence errors which allows opposition players to score from where ever they shoot from.

Please, please Vale team prove me and others wrong and stop this rot and get 3 points.

2 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Would love us to win this game, but at the moment can't see it.

Our strike force is not scoring enough to cover our fragile midfield and defence errors which allows opposition players to score from where ever they shoot from.

Please, please Vale team prove me and others wrong and stop this rot and get 3 points.

2-1 win at Derby

2-2 draw v FGR

1-0 at Cambridge

2-3 loss v Ipswich 

1-0 win v Lincoln

4-0 loss v Oxford

Not sure we're in "rot" territory yet.

Let's have a stab at a team. Assuming Ojo and Walker not ready. Obviously, Wilson and Harrison not in.

Must say, whilst considering this team, the midfield, along with LWB, seems to be the biggest conundrum.

As I reckon DC will, I'm going with 352:

Stevens

Forrester.       Smith.         Hall

Worrall.                            Pett.                 Conlon.               Jones

Garrity

Butterworth          Mipo

I just can't see us scoring on Saturday with mipo upfront as the guy can't even control a ball. It's basically just like this stage of the season last season when we had all our strikers out and ended up with a midfielder garrity upfront. Unless conlon scores a free kick which on current form won't happen I just can't see us scoring. The way we are defending at the moment I can't see us keeping a clean sheet either. We only kept clean sheets against Cambridge and Lincoln because both sides didn't even have a shot on target against us, Cambridge were toothless upfront and Lincoln basically played for a nil nil and lost 1 nil.

9 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

I just can't see us scoring on Saturday with mipo upfront as the guy can't even control a ball. It's basically just like this stage of the season last season when we had all our strikers out and ended up with a midfielder garrity upfront. Unless conlon scores a free kick which on current form won't happen I just can't see us scoring. The way we are defending at the moment I can't see us keeping a clean sheet either. We only kept clean sheets against Cambridge and Lincoln because both sides didn't even have a shot on target against us, Cambridge were toothless upfront and Lincoln basically played for a nil nil and lost 1 nil.

Really frustrating that Harrison was so stupid as to pick up a daft booking. I'm sure I've read the suspension on 5 yellows limit doubles to 10 next week too. Big loss up front.

Archived