onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Charlton Athletic

Fosse69

Advert

On 16/11/2022 at 13:03, bobbymanc said:

It's time to give McDermott another game in the 1st team

I personally think McDermott and Charsley are worth squad places at the least. I don't think either has let us down when they've played. 

Looking forward to a good game 

I wonder if mardarse Garner will moan about the pitch being too wet?!

They have a keeper who has never played for the first team so can we please shart shooting from outside the box and testing him? It does work as our defence has proved! They conceded 3 against Burton last week so they do leak goals 

Like everyone else,no idea on the starting line up. I wonder if Garrity will be pushed up front alongside Mipo?

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win

6 hours ago, Jesse James said:

Would suit us to be off, would Harrison’s suspension be served with the Pizza cup game?

Hope it’s on Wilson and proctor will probably be injured no matter when they play it and it will probably be played on a freezing cold night in January in front of 4 and half thousand so hope it’s on 

Be interesting see the team you certainly wouldn't go with the same defence in fact if you did it be pure lunacy .
Pett and Conlon do not work as two defensive midfielders I'd rather Garrity or Charsley than TC TC needs be further up the pitch or not at all in games where teams are obviously better you could play him in the hole as when he did play well under Askey he was the first line of defence with high press etc .
I go on like I could manage I couldn't lol .
So whoevers chosen put pride in the shirt and win the game.
UTV
Railway stand and Lorne Street gone .
Bycars two sections are nearly full and paddocks doing ok .
Charlton sold no idea good on there away followers travelling hats off to them long way come
Have a good day but a miserable journey home .
Like we did when we went Oxford
UTV

Weird one this - they knocked 5 past Plymouth, but shipped 3 against Burton. We are similarly all over the place with results of late. Hard to predict - should be entertaining! Bit worried about the prospect of Mipo and Massey up front though, hopefully, if they both start, they prove me wrong. The pitch will be in our favor, Garners sides don't like it up em!

Looks like we need to play the pitch well and the opposition well. If Charlton are wedded to play the ball round like Swindon, that could be something to exploit with pressing. They are likely to overhit, misplace and get caught in possession. Is it a day for people who can run and dribble if passing on the deck is more difficult. That would perhaps mean Charsley, Butterfield, Politic and Robinson / Worrell. Looking for more from the left side still. Perhaps I am up for Dan Jones at wingback with Hall coming in to the back three. 

The impression I have is that the attacking half of their team is better than the defensive half. If our defence and keeping improve, there should be opportunity up front, on a pitch we know better, to exploit their defensive weaknesses. 

Bringing two friends to this game. I don't want a rubbish game, a hammering or heavy rain. I sometimes feel PV are better at controlling the heavy rain, but hoping for improvement after last week. 

Archived