onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Oxford United v Port Vale

Fosse69

5 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

How much is get in on sat .
As driving to Hampshire Alton on Fri see my ladies Aunty .
Only a hr odd away from Oxford so I'm tempted go .
Loved my two previous visits to Oxford one when we won when at Manor ground and the other when we lost 2-1 on Charlie's fun bus double decker bus where if I recall we scored a great goal think it was Doug Loft .
We will win if Forrester and Harrison return .
I'd like see Walker return also and if Wilson is ready go there's no reason why we cannot win I'd probably persevere with Politic in if Wilson cannot make it as he gers in them positions so well make sure you take it round the goalie this week super DP.
UTV

26 Quid mate, an expensive ground considering it is 3 sided !! 

Advert

15 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

I don’t believe so. I’d expect to see Ellis back though but probably not Willo or Garrity. I think we are well capable of getting a result down there although I can’t recall a Vale win down there in ages. Hopefully we don’t concede anymore 25 yarders!
According to their website there’s free car parking at the ground which has to be unique. 🤔

Oxford have not won at home since September 3rd 😳

11 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Oxford have not won at home since September 3rd 😳

The ever giving Vale will turn that stat around then.

They usually help teams on a bad stat like that.  DC and Co to change another 5 - 6  positions is my guess.

I see Politic coming in for some stick for missing chances on Saturday but it was his movement and positional sense that created them. He hasn't had much game time and the fact he was in those positions from the start rather than coming off the bench, against a strong Exeter side, shows he might be getting up to speed. Him and Butterworth supporting Harrison for me.

2 hours ago, soothsayer said:

I don’t believe so. I’d expect to see Ellis back though but probably not Willo or Garrity. I think we are well capable of getting a result down there although I can’t recall a Vale win down there in ages. Hopefully we don’t concede anymore 25 yarders!
According to their website there’s free car parking at the ground which has to be unique. 🤔

Well, the ground isn’t in Oxford, but in the middle of the deadest retail park ever. So plenty of parking. Don’t park behind the goal mind as your car could get hit by a ball based on past experience! Don’t go to the dreadful Indian buffet that was there last time either. Worst ever. 

Interesting point you make about the possible changes and I often wonder how it impacts on the players mindset. DC was not happy with our second half performance against Exeter so makes 5-6 changes to make a point to the players. However how strong is that point made when we can win a game and DC then goes on to make a similar number of changes in the following game anyway.

Does it lessen the impact?

Said same thing to my lad on Saturday. 
I'd be amazed as they'd have egg on their face if he had a blinder 
I very much expect Stone to play and no sub keeper. Bound to be wrong now ! 
He couldn't on my save on football manager if that's anything to go by...came at a perfect time as well because Stone was injured.

15 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Bought tickets but no option for them to post, so called the ticket office to ask where the collection point at Oxford is. Response? “Don’t know love”. Supposed to be getting back to me. Not great really! 

Do what I always do; go to the ticket office at their ground when you arrive and ask 🤷‍♂️

I've never ever had a problem getting my ticket...

The next two league matches could be season defining. A win would set things up nicely for Charlton at home and give us the belief that we're not imposters in the top half. We could do with 6 points to put us within touching distance of the playoffs. A battling performance with moments of quality like at Derby is what we need. We can do it if everyone brings their A game. 

Archived