onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Oxford United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

8 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

Do what I always do; go to the ticket office at their ground when you arrive and ask 🤷‍♂️

I've never ever had a problem getting my ticket...

I’ve been down that road many times and I’m not getting shafted by club ticket offices over that again. Leyton Orient away, Smurfwaite era, turned up at their ticket office, bought tickets off the club…nothing left and ended up paying up again. It is reasonable to ask what will be happening with tickets I have paid for, not hope they have been left with the away club. 

On 07/11/2022 at 20:25, Hitcher said:

Was it the relegation season when we were rubbish but scored an equaliser in 90th minute resulting in a mini pitch invasion but oxford scored a winner straight from kick off.

Never felt so happy, so sad and then embarrassed all within a minute. Real vale fan vibes that one!

Was that the shoes off if ya love the vale game ? 

It's a weird place isn't it the Kassam stadium. The view from the stands is actually quite decent but the 3 stands, unfilled corners, TGI Fridays / megabowl vibe just makes the whole thing seem a bit off.

Recent games there have been weird too. The whole away fan experience is like being trapped in an episode of eerie indiana or that moment in the morning when you are waking up but your mind is still dreaming.

Anyway a thumping 2-0 win for the vale. Smudge from a corner and a 25yrd freekick from Conlon.

4 hours ago, Hitcher said:

It's a weird place isn't it the Kassam stadium. The view from the stands is actually quite decent but the 3 stands, unfilled corners, TGI Fridays / megabowl vibe just makes the whole thing seem a bit off.

Recent games there have been weird too. The whole away fan experience is like being trapped in an episode of eerie indiana or that moment in the morning when you are waking up but your mind is still dreaming.

Anyway a thumping 2-0 win for the vale. Smudge from a corner and a 25yrd freekick from Conlon.

Feels totally cut off from civilization and despite Oxford being a great city, there is not even the slightest feel a football game is ever on. Pubs are expensive and I’m only doing this one as it is my birthday weekend and the world cup break is looming. 

The good news for me is the club have confirmed tickets have been left with Oxford’s ticket office. 

Hi just a question as be getting train from Basingstoke to Oxford ,is it Oxford parkway or Oxford train station what is closer to the ground ?
Thanks in advance as don't want get off at 1 and end up walking 10 miles I don't mind walking a few miles say 2 lol but 10 no way and I don't if I can help it get taxis or buses as i prefer a walk
UTV

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Hi just a question as be getting train from Basingstoke to Oxford ,is it Oxford parkway or Oxford train station what is closer to the ground ?
Thanks in advance as don't want get off at 1 and end up walking 10 miles I don't mind walking a few miles say 2 lol but 10 no way and I don't if I can help it get taxis or buses as i prefer a walk
UTV

Oxford central is closer but neither are what you what call close! Is it even possible to walk it from the station? Buses from central are the best bet. Lot of ring roads and things make the walk difficult. 

Archived