onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup First Round

Osh

This was in the mid-70's and I was 15; my best m8 and I were in the away end along with the VLF, I had my colours on and my m8 hadn't.  Suddenly he got attacked by a couple of their fans and it all kicked off; I had a choice to run away or dive in and try and pull him out.  So, I dived in and next thing I know I'm getting whacked around the head by a copper with his truncheon and I get arrested.
Taken to Chester Police Station - kicked about a bit and chucked in a cell.
Finally got processed at midnight and they realised I was 'a minor' - they charged me and passed me to a social worker who then dropped my at Crewe on the Cheshire/Staffordshire border around 2am.  I then had to walk back home in Castle.
Went to court 6 months later - and I kid you not the copper name was Piggot, and I got found not guilty.
Fair play to him he took me, my Dad and my best m8 for a cuppa afterwards and he apologised 

Was this real, or an episode of ‘The Bill’

Advert

I don't like Swindon. But Vale fans were big time in the wrong at the home game and it needs to be let go. That's what the owners say, what a report into events says, what the police investigation has found and the 1000 plus breaches of the keep off the grass law also confirms. 

So I'm up for York away. 

7 minutes ago, Warren said:

I don't like Swindon. But Vale fans were big time in the wrong at the home game and it needs to be let go. That's what the owners say, what a report into events says, what the police investigation has found and the 1000 plus breaches of the keep off the grass law also confirms. 

So I'm up for York away. 

Spot on with this Warren, but as for York away keep in mind that their ground isn’t near the town anymore, so not quite the day out it once was.

53 minutes ago, Warren said:

I don't like Swindon. But Vale fans were big time in the wrong at the home game and it needs to be let go. That's what...  a report into events says, what the police investigation has found 

Have you read the report/ investigation? Do you have  a link?

54 minutes ago, Warren said:

the 1000 plus breaches of the keep off the grass law also confirms. 

Oh no!

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Have you read the report/ investigation? Do you have  a link?

Oh no!

I've forgotten the website I was reading all about this on. Aspects of the report were that Port Vale immediately admitted liability but had taken many additional security measures that didn't work. These were mitigations and hence the fine was limited to £15k. 

McKirdy was punched by fans and sheltered under a teammate to leave the pitch. Swindon fans, kept behind in their stand were hit by missiles including a bin and bottles. 

My experience of this game was finding a Swindon fan on the ground near the team bus. My son attended him as a Dr because he had been beaten round the head and needed an ambulance. We were about 10 minutes late into the ground. 

There are absolutely no positives to be taken about Port Vale fans from this game. And it all just needs to be left in the past. 

2 hours ago, Warren said:

I've forgotten the website I was reading all about this on. Aspects of the report were that Port Vale immediately admitted liability but had taken many additional security measures that didn't work. These were mitigations and hence the fine was limited to £15k. 

McKirdy was punched by fans and sheltered under a teammate to leave the pitch. Swindon fans, kept behind in their stand were hit by missiles including a bin and bottles. 

My experience of this game was finding a Swindon fan on the ground near the team bus. My son attended him as a Dr because he had been beaten round the head and needed an ambulance. We were about 10 minutes late into the ground. 

There are absolutely no positives to be taken about Port Vale fans from this game. And it all just needs to be left in the past. 

My experience was Swindon fans throwing missiles and my 9yr old son getting hit by a coke bottle,i don't understand why the investigation has found them as blameless victims

1 hour ago, joker1968 said:

My experience was Swindon fans throwing missiles and my 9yr old son getting hit by a coke bottle,i don't understand why the investigation has found them as blameless victims

I'm sure Swindon were by no means innocent. But this match was played at Vale Park. Crowd control rests with Port Vale. 

I think it's totally unacceptable to invade the pitch with 1000 plus fans and head directly over to threaten and abuse Swindon players. 

This happened at other grounds at the end of last season and it needs snapping right now. 

For me I always like new opponents or ones not played for a long time. Not worried about a non league team because we are too good for those at the moment. Only poor sides or teams low on confidence tend to get upset by those sort of teams generally speaking. 

All league 1 ties are usually too close to call and would want to avoid that. Also boring games in the cup too. 

I’d like Crewe, Grimsby or Stockport if going league 2. Any non league club would be fine I feel. 

3 hours ago, joker1968 said:

They are visitors at the end of it all and the atmosphere towards them was fairly hostile. Not blameless but if I had gone to Swindon and faced some of the stuff going on, I’d be disgusted. 

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

They are visitors at the end of it all and the atmosphere towards them was fairly hostile. Not blameless but if I had gone to Swindon and faced some of the stuff going on, I’d be disgusted. 

A hostile and noisy environment was essential that night and was easily the best atmosphere at a home game in many years. Playoff semi-finals aren't an invite for tea and sandwiches. 

20 minutes ago, joker1968 said:

I for one was happy to see the arrogance of the swindon supporters put to rest and anything that happened to them they deserved,i'd have money on that they have not learnt a thing

The players of Swindon ala Mckirdy/ Conroy were not blameless  totally disrespecting Vale and its fans.

Machine gun celebration at our fans calling fans pigs and disrespecting the area where you are going to be playing. 

Don't play or stoke the fire if you don't want to get burnt is a saying they as professional footballers should adhere to. 

Archived