onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup First Round

Osh

Advert

Looks like our lowest crowd of season judging by what I have been looking at .
Best competition in the world for me .
We can gain so much by doing well in it .
Lets hope there's a surge over coming days .
We owe these big style
The way we are playing we are due 3/4goals in a future game .
UTV

On 03/11/2022 at 13:07, melv said:

These are the best oatcakes now.Just a little bit out of town so depends on how you are gettinh here.Fully recommend these - 

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

If that’s Station Street near Longport Station then I might have one there and then also get one at the Hamill Road place too, do a quick comparison. I’m driving but it’s not far between the two. 

2 hours ago, fred binneys head said:

If that’s Station Street near Longport Station then I might have one there and then also get one at the Hamill Road place too, do a quick comparison. I’m driving but it’s not far between the two. 

I look forward to your article in the Michelin Guide. 😸

3 hours ago, fred binneys head said:

Yea that’s the one.If you really feel up to it  try the challenge one.It’s massive 

19 hours ago, Valiant62 said:

I look forward to your article in the Michelin Guide. 😸

In the end I went to High Lane Oatcakes as they stayed open until 3pm whereas the internet said the other two closed at 1pm. When googling, I had no idea how many oatcake shops there are in Stoke - you lot bloody love your oatcakes don’t you?

Anyway, it was lovely. I’ll definitely do that again when we come back in February.

45 minutes ago, fred binneys head said:

In the end I went to High Lane Oatcakes as they stayed open until 3pm whereas the internet said the other two closed at 1pm. When googling, I had no idea how many oatcake shops there are in Stoke - you lot bloody love your oatcakes don’t you?

Anyway, it was lovely. I’ll definitely do that again when we come back in February.

High Lane are decent, nice cheese. Hamil Road is open until at least 2:30 - didn’t have t’internet when it first opened 100yrs ago. At some point soon there will be new owners and they’re keeping it as an oatcake shop though opening times may change I guess. I’m hoping the recipe doesn’t, the guy said there’s a handover period while he teaches the new owner the ropes. Probably about £50k for the premises, £500k for the recipe. Someone asked for the recipe a few years ago when I was in and there was an extremely uncomfortable silence, tumbleweed floating down Hamil Road, piano player stopping and hiding behind his piano, that sort of thing. I guess if you married his daughter you might get somewhere but this is serious stuff. The shop btw is less than 5 mins walk up from the ground, just past the Vale Café so easy enough to check on spec.

Archived